Sponsored

Show us your installed wheel / tire upgrades here! (Pics)

O5GT

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Last edited:

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nonsense!!! Looks dam good to me! Not all Bronco owners are interested in rock climbing "Chief"🤨
Yeah you can go buy a Jeep now...

If I saw that coming down the road, it'd end up in a ditch. That's just a disgrace.... Chief.

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The owner of this rig is looking at issues! When you fit a tire that exceeds the %3 allowed in change on the same wheel you are looking at some legal issues if god forbid you are in an accident:
1. If a shop put these on, they are liable and they usually refuse to install them
2. If you put them on, EXPECT you insurance company to say you were operating an unsafe vehicle.

255-70-R18-vs-275-75-R18-Tire-Size-Comparison-.png
🤔 It seems your calculations are off a bit. Tire size he has on the OBX is 275/70R-18 . Your input is 275/75R-18 .
Difference will probably be a lot closer than what you have calculated

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

🤔 It seems your calculations are off a bit. Tire size he has on the OBX is 275/70R-18 . Your input is 275/75R-18 .
Difference will probably be a lot closer than what you have calculated
right above the pic says: "OB w/ Cooper AT3s 275/75/r18"

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m all for ‘to each his own’. I’ll roll 17’s with 37’s, but absolutely won’t hate on 22’s.

do as you will. We all don’t have to be the same.

Sponsored

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

it sure would be nice to see some aftermarket wheels in something other than black or dark gray. why bother purchasing wheels if they are impossible to see. silver or machined aluminum wheels would look really good on the bronco. perhaps i am biased against black wheels, because when a set of wheels got trashed you used to see the wheels were spray painted flat black to cover the scuffing. it just doesn't amke sense to have a nice wheel and camouflage it in flat black.. some outlaw 2s or ansen sprints would look great in a machined aluminum finish....

Alex Mcknz

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Found on facebook

1626885780340.png
This is so wrong, good luck to the future owner of this car. 😂
I hope he purchases better wheels and tires soon. The photo is funny, but it will put anyone at risk due to the incorrect configuration.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The owner of this rig is looking at issues! When you fit a tire that exceeds the %3 allowed in change on the same wheel you are looking at some legal issues if god forbid you are in an accident:
1. If a shop put these on, they are liable and they usually refuse to install them
2. If you put them on, EXPECT you insurance company to say you were operating an unsafe vehicle.

Ford Bronco Show us your installed wheel / tire upgrades here! (Pics) 7F7029B6-9F3E-4E5C-9C16-52E518F1E79F
but how exactly is it dangerous? because the spedo is off?

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

but how exactly is it dangerous? because the spedo is off?
I don't know the scientific reason but all tire companies say it .... if ALL YOU DO is upsize the tire size from stock and not change anything else they recommend staying close to %3 .... if you do other mods such as suspension or rims, or a lift it is a whole new equation because you have changed the handling characteristics of the vehicle in a major way. But there is ratio involved to changes and mods that have to be observed.
I'm sure You Tube or Google can offer better explanations but I think the %3 applies to the wall height of the tire vs the width of the rim its mounted on, but I'm not certain.

EDIT: look at this ----> https://www.edkenleyford.net/changing-tire-sizes-good-or-bad-idea.htm

Last edited:

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond