Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ordered a WT with the black mod top. I’m changing my order to the MIC. I will order the black mod top later, most definitely with a significant price increase. The MIC isn’t going to make/break my impatience. Outside of saving for this vehicle, I cannot wait another year or so for my trade-in. My trade-in is currently worth a lot and can’t put another years worth of miles on it and take more of a decline. Plus preowned values are very high right now. Too high of a risk for me to wait until next year for trade in values also the unknowns of 22MY.
Yeah but then again like I stated in another thread, wouldn't you be pissed "being that you have the wildtrak that already has a bunch of options with late availability on it anyways", and let's say you don't get it until December ( depending what your time stamp is) and the mod top comes in play around January or February, why not just wait a couple more months? I'm a day for reservation holder with a wildtrak and I know that I would be pissed if that happened.
So myself I opted just to stick with the mod top.
Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Webasto built a $47 million plant to build the tops for Ford, they broke ground in 2019 and then got smacked with Covid-19.
Worn out excuse.....

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

[
F030EAF5-2017-4F29-B5C3-09793ED7FB71.jpeg

Anyone else worried that all the plastics/MIC top are going to fade like crazy?!?!
Ford Bronco Si who wants the MIC top? WT and FE? 97DE7BDB-5D89-4C0D-9519-4A47D7A73AEF

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah but then again like I stated in another thread, wouldn't you be pissed "being that you have the wildtrak that already has a bunch of options with late availability on it anyways", and let's say you don't get it until December ( depending what your time stamp is) and the mod top comes in play around January or February, why not just wait a couple more months? I'm a day for reservation holder with a wildtrak and I know that I would be pissed if that happened.
So myself I opted just to stick with the mod top.
I think commodities and allocations will come in to play to determine what “late availability” is for some. I have a 7/14 time stamp and a dealer that doesn’t have a lot of orders with adequate allocations. I understand your comment and do agree in that scenario. If I know that I’m a December delivery or can wait for a confirmed early 2022 date, I would wait for the 22MY. But at this point does anyone really know what their delivery window would be for 22MY? What if I wait and my WT becomes a Q4 2022. There’s a lot of guessing and risks either way with Fords execution of this.

Sponsored

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Grown adults complaining about something out of everyones control. If you want the mod top wait for a 2022. You have the option.

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is why I’m waiting for the Outer Banks with a body colored top. It will have the Sasquatch package, so I’m hoping 🤞 it won’t be difficult to buy the body colored fenders. Also going with the upgraded front bumper. Then the only “plastic” part left will be the rear bumper. I can’t stand faded plastic. I don’t care how many times you use Back to Black, it’s never the same.

OP
OP
CGBronco

CGBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Panamera Turbo, 1993 Foxbody Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This topic is getting beat to death on almost every public forum. It is what it is. Webasto built a $47 million plant to build the tops for Ford, they broke ground in 2019 and then got smacked with Covid-19.
At this time I’m happy to get my FE and the MIC top actually coordinates better with the bumpers and flares. Here’s a good picture in the sunlight from today in Scottsdale; I think it looks ok.
F030EAF5-2017-4F29-B5C3-09793ED7FB71.jpeg
Unfortunately for most of us first time Bronco lifers, we are Thrilled with what we think that we might have
Grown adults complaining about something out of everyones control. If you want the mod top wait for a 2022. You have the option.
We will wait

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
just to add to the complain train. At launch there were color matched tops. Then no color matched tops. Only black painted mod tops. Now no painted mod tops. Unless I wait almost 2 years since I reserved to get what I originally wanted. It sucks and I’m for the first time reconsidering this purchase

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think commodities and allocations will come in to play to determine what “late availability” is for some. I have a 7/14 time stamp and a dealer that doesn’t have a lot of orders with adequate allocations. I understand your comment and do agree in that scenario. If I know that I’m a December delivery or can wait for a confirmed early 2022 date, I would wait for the 22MY. But at this point does anyone really know what their delivery window would be for 22MY? What if I wait and my WT becomes a Q4 2022. There’s a lot of guessing and risks either way with Ford execution of this.
No I get that ,I've been wrestling with what I wanted to do as well , the other thing that concerned me was if we'd even be able to get a mod top once the 22 - 23s start rolling off the line because the majority of the 22 Broncos I'm sure will have a mod tops, so trying to get one aftermarket , it could be up to one or three years plus what ever shipping will cost us , myself I just like the mod top look much better , hell maybe I'll regret my decision when I don't see my wildtrak until 2023 because of my mod Top Choice. LOL

Sponsored

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well, in 2 months when I’m driving my new Lightning Blue First Edition down the road, with the top off, I won’t really care, and I will be smiling.

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No I get that ,I've been wrestling with what I wanted to do as well , the other thing that concerned me was if we'd even be able to get a mod top once the 22 - 23s start rolling off the line because the majority of the 22 Broncos I'm sure will have a mod tops, so trying to get one aftermarket , it could be up to one or three years plus what ever shipping will cost us , myself I just like the mod top look much better , hell maybe I'll regret my decision when I don't see my wildtrak until 2023 because of my mod Top Choice. LOL
Agreed! I also worry that something will occur next year that will prolong 22MYs even more. I know I can’t blame Ford for everything because, like the roof, some issues are from suppliers. But damn if this hasn’t been a stressful rollout. The roof isn’t a deal breaker for me. I’m just ready to get this thing. I ordered a WT- mod bumper + full bash, tow package, and high package. I reserved on 7/13 (have a 7/14 time stamp) with a priority code of 13. No idea if that even means anything anymore but I’m really hoping that with my arrangement, now with MIC, I could get my bronco in sooner than much later.

OP
OP
CGBronco

CGBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Panamera Turbo, 1993 Foxbody Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Agreed! I also worry that something will occur next year that will prolong 22MYs even more. I know I can’t blame Ford for everything because, like the roof, some issues are from suppliers. But damn if this hasn’t been a stressful rollout. The roof isn’t a deal breaker for me. I’m just ready to get this thing. I ordered a WT- mod bumper + full bash, tow package, and high package. I reserved on 7/13 (have a 7/14 time stamp) with a priority code of 13. No idea if that even means anything anymore but I’m really hoping that with my arrangement, now with MIC, I could get my bronco in sooner than much later.
Don’t bet on it. This ride has been full of surprises.

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
just to add to the complain train. At launch there were color matched tops. Then no color matched tops. Only black painted mod tops. Now no painted mod tops. Unless I wait almost 2 years since I reserved to get what I originally wanted. It sucks and I’m for the first time reconsidering this purchase
This

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well let's hope it happens for you in 21 , I'll probably just hang my head and cry when I see WT rolling in my neck of the woods while waiting for mine. ;)
Sponsored