First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
He claims to be a Ford master technician and gives his thoughts about half way through about the engines and transmission.

Basically he leans towards the 2.7 for reliability and that the 10R60 and 10R80 are basically the same thing and just fine.

Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

"if you want reliability, get the 2.7. The 2.3...... It's a decent engine"

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

He claims to be a Ford master technician and gives his thoughts about half way through about the engines and transmission.

Basically he leans towards the 2.7 for reliability and that the 10R60 and 10R80 are basically the same thing and just fine.

How dare you or he say that the 10R60 and 10R80 are the same thing! ;)

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Watched his video last night.

Got some decent info in regards to the bulletins they’ve received, but wasn’t impressed with his mechanics review and it was obvious he hasn’t spent any real time with the Bronco yet.

I was hoping for a closer look at the individual sections of the engine bay and the vehicle in general to get an idea of what it would take to replace XXX part, similar to this video regarding the Bronco Sport. But the only part he went into any detail on was the brakes.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Slightly encouraging but he also didn’t seem to know a ton about them. The master cylinder thing is more reason to go for a Ford ESP for sure.

OP
OP
Austin26

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
The point of me sharing the video was about his thoughts on the powertrain's reliability. Much of the rest of what he says is in my opinion, not worth much. But I definitely give weight to his engine and tranny opinion.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, that was a waste of 15 minutes. Oh well.
Do you currently have a Bronco in your driveway?

If not, then you should be thanking the OP for wasting 15 minutes while you’re now 15 minutes closer to getting your Bronco ;)

#GlassHalfFull

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Do you currently have a Bronco in your driveway?

If not, then you should be thanking the OP for wasting 15 minutes while you’re now 15 minutes closer to getting your Bronco ;)

#GlassHalfFull
Ummm......nothing against the OP. He found something and brought it here. No issues. The content of the video is basically useless. My opinion. I'm 15 minutes closer to having my Bronco without watching that. I'd rather spend 15 minutes typing and reading useless banter on this forum, at least it's entertaining. 😁

BTW, whatever useful info we might have got from it is ruined by his total lack of credibility. That he thinks the 2.7 will be more reliable than the 2.3 means nothing. Just sayin'.

In a twisted way, I'm humored by all the folks trying to make a buck off Youtube, and it's amazing how much they can make. I have a friend who posts his wheeling trips, which aren't often, and he's making a few hundred a month. He does better posting videos of his hunting and fishing trips, and he's making ave $800 a month on those. Nothing against free enterprise, hey, go for it. But we sure as hell can comment on the quality.

BTW, be sure to "like" and "follow". :ROFLMAO:

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do you know someone is a [brand] "Master tech"? Don't fret, they'll tell you.