First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I searched "HOSS 3.0" and came up with nothing. Am I taking crazy pills or how is this not being talked about to death on here.

Motor1.com said, "The HOSS 3.0 bundle combines Fox 2.5-inch internal bypass dampers, revises spring rates, severe-duty steering rack and tie rod ends from Ford Performance, a front skid plate, and a powder-coated steel bumper with integrated fog lights."

Does this add on top of Sasquatch or is in lieu of? Build and Price has no mention of the 3.0 from what I've tried on Wildtrak configurations.

Can someone compare and contrast the Sasquatch and HOSS 3.0 for me please?

I'm an October 2020 reservation holder for a base Sasquatch and want to know if switching to a Wildtrak HOSS 3.0 could be worth it.
Sponsored

EcoBco

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Build and price on the wildtrak shows Hoss 3.0 under exterior options. Also there are many threads talking about the Hoss 3.0

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Hoss 3.0 Fox suspension is basically the Bilstien Sasquatch suspension package, for the Wildtrak, but tuned for a different purpose. You lose nothing ride height and suspension travel wise.

The Wildtrak has always been touted as the 'desert runner' and that's what the Fox suspension is tuning is geared towards. The on highway ride shouldn't be any different that what the Bilstien version does.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Austin26

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks @Slyder. Looks like this doesn't apply to me.

Sponsored

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Hoss 3.0 Fox suspension is basically the Bilstien Sasquatch suspension package, for the Wildtrak, but tuned for a different purpose. You lose nothing ride height and suspension travel wise.

The Wildtrak has always been touted as the 'desert runner' and that's what the Fox suspension is tuning is geared towards. The on highway ride shouldn't be any different that what the Bilstien version does.
I was looking to add the HOSS 3.0 shocks/struts to my Badlands sasquatch...thoughts? How about the steering rack, tie rods, etc? Make a whole conversion to HOSS 3.0 on a badlands makes it a mini raptor?

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was looking to add the HOSS 3.0 shocks/struts to my Badlands sasquatch...thoughts? How about the steering rack, tie rods, etc? Make a whole conversion to HOSS 3.0 on a badlands makes it a mini raptor?
I'm originally a Wildtrak reservation and order, but switched to Badlands Sasquatch for '22 because 2Dr Wildtraks were always high constraint.

When Hoss 3.0 was announced it was exactly what I was looking for with what I envisioned for it originally. But, I screwed up and didn't get my order converted back to Wildtrak before the March deadline.
So I, like you, have been trying to find any information, part numbers, prices and so on to see what all is needed and the cost, in case Ford decides to select my order to be built and I'm forced to travel this route.
I highly doubt my order will be picked, with my place in line, but stranger things have happened in this whole process.

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also thought this would a be a worthwhile upgrade. Depending on the cost. I am sure there are a lot of people that will hate on the idea.

Another option is to get a Wildtrak and add a manual sway bar disconnect. I know it isn't as cool, but would be more cost effective. My biggest blocker is determining if I "need" MGV.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I searched "HOSS 3.0" and came up with nothing. Am I taking crazy pills or how is this not being talked about to death on here.

Motor1.com said, "The HOSS 3.0 bundle combines Fox 2.5-inch internal bypass dampers, revises spring rates, severe-duty steering rack and tie rod ends from Ford Performance, a front skid plate, and a powder-coated steel bumper with integrated fog lights."

Does this add on top of Sasquatch or is in lieu of? Build and Price has no mention of the 3.0 from what I've tried on Wildtrak configurations.

Can someone compare and contrast the Sasquatch and HOSS 3.0 for me please?

I'm an October 2020 reservation holder for a base Sasquatch and want to know if switching to a Wildtrak HOSS 3.0 could be worth it.
Do it!!! Wildtrak ticks all the boxes!!! You still have the washout drains in the floorboards. But, really....IMO I still wouldn't washout the inside just bcuz. It would have to be a very bad day even if I had rubber floors....

The Hoss would be an upgrade and a lot stronger. Plus the 3.0... Woohoo!!!!

Team 2 Door 😎

Sponsored

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also thought this would a be a worthwhile upgrade. Depending on the cost. I am sure there are a lot of people that will hate on the idea.

Another option is to get a Wildtrak and add a manual sway bar disconnect. I know it isn't as cool, but would be more cost effective. My biggest blocker is determining if I "need" MGV.
I want the Badlands because I don't want carpet...period. Also, I have 3 messy soccer kids so the ability to wash out the truck is preferred. My feeling is that the idea of a vehicle like this is to yes, have the luxury, but, also have full utility. I don't want cloth seats and I don't need leather with carpet floors... I don't need a sport mode in a vehicle like this. Rock crawling will be more functional for most people.

With the badlands, I get all I want, and if I can upgrade a few parts to HOSS parts, it's literally a baby raptor. No question the Wildtrak HOSS 3.0 is a big upgrade and there are plenty of Badlands complaints about steering and shock issues...

Oh, a manual sway bar disconnect doesn't cut it for me.

Those who say it's better and safer and more reliable....I say utter hogwash. I have a 1985 4Runner with manual locks for 4WD. I don't see any vehicles made that way anymore....for a reason. The manual sway bar disconnects will all eventually be replaced with electric because it's simply superior.

We can use that example for manual windows vs. electric. I don't see many wanting manual windows anymore either...the list goes on. Manual trunk opening....really....if it's auto, nobody wants it...

Let's compile the parts numbers for the shocks, struts, tie rods, and steering rack...the rest of the items are not needed....

Thoughts? I can guarantee many will want to go this way....

Last edited:

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I want the Badlands because I don't want carpet...period. Also, I have 3 messy soccer kids so the ability to wash out the truck is preferred. My feeling is that the idea of a vehicle like this is to yes, have the luxury, but, also have full utility. I don't want cloth seats and I don't need leather with carpet floors... I don't need a sport mode in a vehicle like this. Rock crawling will be more functional for most people.

With the badlands, I get all I want, and if I can upgrade a few parts to HOSS parts, it's literally a baby raptor.

Let's compile the parts numbers for the shocks, struts, tie rods, and steering rack...the rest of the items are not needed....

Thoughts? I can guarantee many will want to go this way....
Need the parts number for the washout floors also, that a huge want item for a lot of the Base guys, who weren't willing to pay $6K(ungrade to BD) for an $800(?) part. Should be able to add the washout floors and Hoss 3.0, to a Base/Sas/2.7/Hardtop/4door and still keep it under $50K. I can guarantee many will want to go this way, also

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Need the parts number for the washout floors also, that a huge want item for a lot of the Base guys, who weren't willing to pay $6K(ungrade to BD) for an $800(?) part. Should be able to add the washout floors and Hoss 3.0, to a Base/Sas/2.7/Hardtop/4door and still keep it under $50K. I can guarantee many will want to go this way, also
Deal...we should start a thread (or keep it here) for parts that can be added to the vehicles, regardless of the vehicle model. Many will say just get the vehicle and go after-market. I have no issues with aftermarket....none at all. A lot of great after-market ideas become OEM components, in time. However, if I can get Ford parts and have Ford install them, I won't worry about anything. Plus, I can have them do it when I get the vehicle and don't have to keep driving around and having things installed. As far as me installing major items, that's a no-go. I barely have time in my day as it is...

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Deal...we should start a thread (or keep it here) for parts that can be added to the vehicles, regardless of the vehicle model. Many will say just get the vehicle and go after-market. I have no issues with aftermarket....none at all. A lot of great after-market ideas become OEM components, in time. However, if I can get Ford parts and have Ford install them, I won't worry about anything. Plus, I can have them do it when I get the vehicle and don't have to keep driving around and having things installed. As far as me installing major items, that's a no-go. I barely have time in my day as it is...
I got post #139 saved.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...dtrak-brought-home-today-photos.47884/page-10
Sponsored