Sick of the Screen Size Scam

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Actually, Tesla has been posting profitable quarters for a year now. Ford expects to lose money for 2020. Not that I have any interest in Tesla. I don’t. It’s just nice to see they don’t try to upsell you to get better viewability of important vehicle controls.

Because I neither want nor need all the superfluous (to me) shiz that comes with those higher trim packages.
Actually they haven’t. They lost $710 million first half of this year.

Buy an iPad 12 and you’ll be happy and you will look like tesla. Roll eyes!

Here’s the $710 million loss
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sough

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can’t wait for one day you have a price for the base model, and then select each individual add on you want and pay for it. None of this “well I need to move up 2 trims to get the 12 inch touch screen” bs.

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m with the OP on wanting the 12” screen. Don’t forget all the extra features that will come with the bigger screen, split display, multi-function at the same time vs toggling to a different screen while you want to access radio, maps, gauge display settings, 360 viewing, front-cam tire placement...not just looking at a bigger map. Aftermarket can offer a cheaper upgrade but I don’t know if they’ll have the same factory integration.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can’t wait for one day you have a price for the base model, and then select each individual add on you want and pay for it. None of this “well I need to move up 2 trims to get the 12 inch touch screen” bs.
I don't see much point in having multiple trims if they all offer the same content. In order to keep the price lower on the Base, something has to give.

Sponsored

FHPTRIGGERMAN

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla model 3, Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I find Tesla bashing on a Bronco forum amusing. As a Model 3 owner who also has a Bronco Badlands reservation, all I can say is don't knock one until you drive one (or better yet own one). It's the best car I've ever driven or owned and makes me smile every time I drive it. Also has the best stock audio system I've ever had in a car. Hopefully the B&O in the Bronco comes close to it. I KNOW I'll have just as much fun with the Bronco, but in much different driving environments.

Parsa

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Nissan Xterra 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would bet that the connections for the 8" screen and the 12" screen are the same. Logically, they would just put on a larger plastic bezel in that space for the 8" screen. The bezel is likely removable. You could probably just go on AliExpress and buy that same 12" screen and stick it in there. :D The 12" bezel will probably be a parts item you can get through Ford parts.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The question is which of the 2 screens supports an unexpected shower?

Jeep’s Uconnect doesn’t like heavy rain for sure ?
I was able to get it changed under warranty but clearly that was lucky. Nothing says its waterproof!
I’m guessing that the wash out models is waterproofed in some way

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm just happy Ford integrated the screen into the dash well.

None of this "tablet stuck on the dash" BS.

I've never paid for the premium radio/Navi in any vehicle. If anything, I'll upgrade the base system to aftermarket.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ha, yeah agreed. I blame Tesla and Dodge for having laptops as dash screens. IMHO, Cadillac did it right in the new Escalade by making it part of a larger scheme in the dashboard. I don't mind the 'filler' with a smaller screen in the Bronco, because of what the Bronco is. If it was a 'luxury' vehicle, I'd hate it.

Sponsored

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dear Ford,

It’s the year 2020. Can we be done already with the auto industry racket of having to move up $10k in trim levels and options packages to get the slightly larger LCD screen In the dash without the cheap ugly filler bezel around it? Just because I don’t want Nepalese yak leather seating and automatic scented face misters doesn’t mean I want the screen that instantly brands me one of the downtrodden Poors (and that I must squint at through my aging downtrodden Poors‘ eyes). I don’t care about all the superfluous gizmos and gadgets. In fact, I prefer to avoid them. Just let me pay the extra $200 it costs for that larger LCD and we can all happily move on with our lives (in our uniform-screen-sized Broncos). Maybe take a lesson from Tesla on this topic.

Sincerely,

Ugh
The 8 inch screen in my 14 fusion was considered an upgrade size for the time, so 12 would be nice, but I am used to 8 inch & is fine for me for the cost.

Mke_80

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's coming , give it another 10-15 years and all cars will come with a touch screen control no more buttons just one big screen that does it all and easy replaced when broken.
Manufacturer or should I say customer have difficulty accepting change in cars. what we see now is the transition from button to screen . No need for a 12 inch screen if you can't control nothing with it.. still they do it because it's a transition .

Think about the new mbux from Mercedes, intelligent cars!

Hey Bronco !

- Beep!

Air down to 15 psi

- Airing down to 15 psi!

Voila that's the future!

haha :)
Sponsored