Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dear Ford,

It’s the year 2020. Can we be done already with the auto industry racket of having to move up $10k in trim levels and options packages to get the slightly larger LCD screen In the dash without the cheap ugly filler bezel around it? Just because I don’t want Nepalese yak leather seating and automatic scented face misters doesn’t mean I want the screen that instantly brands me one of the downtrodden Poors (and that I must squint at through my aging downtrodden Poors‘ eyes). I don’t care about all the superfluous gizmos and gadgets. In fact, I prefer to avoid them. Just let me pay the extra $200 it costs for that larger LCD and we can all happily move on with our lives (in our uniform-screen-sized Broncos). Maybe take a lesson from Tesla on this topic.

Sincerely,

Ugh
Sponsored

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have an 8.4 UConnect - in three vehicles - it’s plenty big.

But agree 100%

JK

Sponsored

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think I'm fine with the "smaller" screen. I personally don't want so much light flooding into my truck during nighttime driving. Yeah, I know it can be dimmed, but that much screen is still going to give off plenty of annoying light.

Covfefe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dear Ford,

It’s the year 2020. Can we be done already with the auto industry racket of having to move up $10k in trim levels and options packages to get the slightly larger LCD screen In the dash without the cheap ugly filler bezel around it? Just because I don’t want Nepalese yak leather seating and automatic scented face misters doesn’t mean I want the screen that instantly brands me one of the downtrodden Poors (and that I must squint at through my aging downtrodden Poors‘ eyes). I don’t care about all the superfluous gizmos and gadgets. In fact, I prefer to avoid them. Just let me pay the extra $200 it costs for that larger LCD and we can all happily move on with our lives (in our uniform-screen-sized Broncos). Maybe take a lesson from Tesla on this topic.

Sincerely,

Ugh
I'm just gonna get the base and wait for the Chinese to come out with a 10-12" android version for like 300 bucks lol. A lot of base Mustang owners are having great success with the aftermarket ones.

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think I'm fine with the "smaller" screen. I personally don't want so much light flooding into my truck during nighttime driving. Yeah, I know it can be dimmed, but that much screen is still going to give off plenty of annoying light.
Most vehicles should have a dimmer adjustment for the screen or a night mode, which darkness the screen. Otherwise you can get a screen tint on amazon

Last edited:

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have an 8.4 UConnect - in three vehicles - it’s plenty big.

But agree 100%

JK
Same here, 8 inches will be fine, trust me. 12 is actually obnoxious in my opinion. It’s cool in a Tesla, but that doesn’t mean every auto company needs to jump on that train. Just my two cents though.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We haven't seen build and price yet. The 12 inch screen could be a stand alone option, but they'll probably be a 15 page thread even though we don't know yet.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My Tundra has like a 6 inch screen, and it's probably a foot further away from my middle aged eyes than the 8 inch in the Bronco is going to be. I can see it fine.

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Or how about no screen at all so we don’t have to worry about software patches not keeping up w/ outdated hardware in 2040.
Queue ‘iDrive’ (mid-2000s BMW owners will know).

Give us basecamp owners some damn buttons.

/boomerrant

Last edited:

sean-florida

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tesla, the company that puts the exact same screen in its base Model 3 as they put in its $17k-more-expensive top-trim Model 3.
ironically Tesla does this for cost saving measures. Since they offer only 1 interior for their cars, it’s cheaper to buy 1 screen in bulk vs 2. And since the model 3/y have no controls - the most basic interior a car could have - of course they’ll need a larger screen to control everything.
again, terrible comparison.
I’m glad most car companies offer options - Sucks the cheaper ones have a smaller screen, but even the smaller one is larger than most cars today.
Sponsored