Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
i am looking forward to having my first soft top ever, but as an Arizonan i'm a little concerned about how effective the AC will be in the summer ... is there a HUGE difference?
Aftermarket makes a thermal liner for the Jeep. Never seen one, but my guess is it is just a little more trouble than a windshield sunscreen to remove for night cruising with top down - maybe you can just leave it in, since these tops just fall in a heap when down.
Sponsored

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought that flipped one more time after removing the side windows?

Perhaps, but what if you don’t want to take the side windows out and just want to fold it back?

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

jaiuppa

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr CG Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This photo makes the base tires look tiny, up close they at least are what you would expect on narrow steelies. Small rubber+fastback soft top= definitely not a good look

Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Credit to Dave Caesare

2021 2-Door Bronco Soft Top Fastback vs 4-Door Bronco Soft Top.jpg
You are just not lovin' the 16" wheels, don't blame you.

I still want to know why the hard tops are not purchase time options. Softshell is standard on a Jeep Sport Wrangler. OK, I get it, I'm getting a hard top for the same price as the Jeep with a soft top, but I really don't want two tops. And I really, really don't want to shell out 1599 or whatever for a soft top that should have just been the standard option for 2600+. Would even have given the Bronco a price advantage.

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Perhaps, but what if you don’t want to take the side windows out and just want to fold it back?
I thought that flipped one more time after removing the side windows?
It does. I believe you have to remove the side / back windows first if you want to get it in "position 2", but it will go all the way back:
(should cue to 3:45 of this video)

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If that's too much trouble, a soft top is probably not what you want. I have a feeling that Jeep is the same, since Bestop also makes their soft top. My solution to get the best of both was ordering the painted mod top and the Sunrider front top.
The ultimate would be like the Sky one touch powered top Jeep has. I believe that's around $1900 though.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If that's too much trouble, a soft top is probably not what you want.

Has nothing to do with the work involved or “trouble”. It’s the look of it. That’s about foot of material just sticking up. I had a 2011 Jeep and folded close to flat as possible when folded back “position 1..per the video” Sometimes you just want to fold it back to get some nice cool breeze. i wasn’t taking about folding all the way to the rear (running topless so to speak) ...see my previous pics. Just to “Position 1”.

5AFC137D-C0FD-4B8F-AABB-8FCFDC543CDC.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has nothing to do with the work involved or “trouble”. It’s the look of it. That’s about foot of material just sticking up. I had a 2011 Jeep and folded close to flat as possible when folded back “position 1..per the video” Sometimes you just want to fold it back to get some nice cool breeze. i wasn’t taking about folding all the way to the rear (running topless so to speak) ...see my previous pics. Just to “Position 1”.

5AFC137D-C0FD-4B8F-AABB-8FCFDC543CDC.jpeg
I guess that's a personal thing. That wouldn't bother me at all. The Sunrider front top appears to sit about the same height, so I'll have to deal with that.

Ford Bronco Side-by-side look @ 2-Door Soft Top Fastback vs 4-Door Soft Top Broncos sunr

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess that's a personal thing. That wouldn't bother me at all. The Sunrider front top appears to sit about the same height, so I'll have to deal with that.

Ford Bronco Side-by-side look @ 2-Door Soft Top Fastback vs 4-Door Soft Top Broncos sunr
Here's one I took from another angle. It looks worse because the pic is from above the vehicle, but it looked pretty good from eye level.

2021-ford-bronco-nyc-nyse-img_2054-jpg-jpg.jpg

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here's one I took from another angle. It looks worse because the pic is from above the vehicle, but it looked pretty good from eye level.

Ford Bronco Side-by-side look @ 2-Door Soft Top Fastback vs 4-Door Soft Top Broncos 2021-ford-bronco-nyc-nyse-img_2054-jpg-
I'm fine with that. My real concern is if it will fit in my garage with it open. I'd hate to forget if it doesn't and cause some expensive damage.
Sponsored