Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would really like to see this same photo setup with Badlands and BlackDiamond stock wheels.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it's mix of a bunch of little things. color of glass, black grill, meaty tires, and the wider flares add up to a impressive presence.
The extra body armour on the BL also plays a role.

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look at those baby 35's, I'll say it again not every manufacturer makes 35's true to size. Just wait till you see some true to size 37's on it, going to look so good!

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wish everyone had some sort of knowledge ranking... backed up by certifications or something. Just some way to gauge whether someone knows what they’re talking about, instead of just confusing folks with some biased opinion. Just a thought

Sponsored

Capt steve

Big Bend
First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So a few days ago I brought you a detailed report about my ride at KOH here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ack-report-and-new-information-gleaned.12330/

I told you I did not post more pictures cause I have the same as everyone else. That was true for my phone pictures. What I did not tell you is that I brought a pro DSLR to take a comparison of 33s and 35s with a lens corrected for distortion at a focale that is close to human eye for proportion.
So here you go.

EDIT: I feel the question coming. Yes when I saw them for real when taking those pictures it looked and felt like those pictures. They are "true to size". My opinion is that 33" look good but the 35 look a bit better. My first thought when seeing them the first time was "it's less difference than I thought it would be"
Capability is very similar, all the Broncos at that event (on 33 and 35) were doing the same course at the same speed. An engineer at Bilstein who helped develop the shock even said he would take the 33s cause "travel is king" and he did not like that Ford reduced travel on the 35s. So it's mostly a look question. Is the slightly better look on the 35 worth $2500 (on a Badlands)? Do you favor the 1" higher clearance? or the 1cm better travel? Only you can answer. Personally, I am still undecided.

By the way, just trowing that out there but I just test drove a 2.3 ranger today and a 2.7 F150. I floored both 8 to 10 times from 0mph and from 20 and 50. Honestly very little difference, and I would say that the 2.3 even had more character and was more fun. BUT the F150 was 400 pounds heavier. Still, I do agree with the Bronco driver from KOH when he said both engines are perfectly fit even on a loaded Badlands. After discussing that with him, and driving both myself I decided to go with the 2.3. Unpopular opinion for sure, but just sharing my thoughts for those who can't decide.

EDIT2: I have just created an IG account where I’ll post more pictures from the event as well as when I get my Bronco. Don’t hesitate to follow along! https://www.instagram.com/broncoexplorers/

2021 Bronco 33 inch vs 35 inch factory OEM wheels.jpg
2021 Bronco 33 inch vs 35 inch factory OEM wheels 1.jpg
I drove a 2021 explorer yesterday with the 2.3 and it seemed peppy as I’d ever need. Very impressed and it will be in my big bend for sure. My f150 has the 2.7 and it is a great fit. I don’t need the extra kick in my bronco.

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for posting. I, too, was undecided on the 2.7 and Sasquatch. But, after much thought, I ordered a 2.3 Badlands 2 Door on 33s. I've got the 2.3/10 speed in my 2019 Ranger and feel that it is the best powertrain combination that I have ever had. I will not be towing anything with the Bronco (I don't with my Ranger.)
Sponsored

Last edited: