Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Care to show where u got this information on 4.7 gears standard on BL? All I see is 4.46 on the non SquachBL.
When you use the build and price and get the 2.7L with automatic it defaults to 4.46 but you can choose the 4.7 gearing without any pricing difference.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was all in on believing the 10mm lift and wondering the what the actual difference in the parts was.

Then this came out.

So either @broncosor can't measure, these are still Frankenstein Broncos, or the 10mm lift difference isn't true. So who do we believe?
Or 10mm is the difference in a perfect environment but after you factor in driving them around (in Baja mode) and weight differences and settling, etc... that centimeter starts to disappear

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On the Jeep side of things, they look to achieve standard heights, but they actually swap springs out depending on how the vehicle was spec’d... so a 4-door with a hard top will have stiffer springs than one that comes with a soft top... if Ford did something like that I can absolute imagine a situation in which published specs put the squatch 10mm higher, but in the real world, and with potentially some Franken Broncos thrown in, the differences could get muddled.

In any event, I’m not going to die on any hill for Ford... just repeating what they’ve said officially.

;)

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

When you use the build and price and get the 2.7L with automatic it defaults to 4.46 but you can choose the 4.7 gearing without any pricing difference.
NO NO NO your not gonna get a 4.7 gear that way. I actually have a BL A10 ordered non sas you cant code it.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yes it does come with disconnect. This chart just shows the gearing ratios.
The BL comes with the STABILIZER BAR disconnect, but that chart is referring to a front AXLE disconnect. Not sure exactly what that means, but it is only on the models without the front locker. I wonder if it is referring to the part time 4WD system?
Ford Bronco Side-by-Side photos of 33's vs 35's tires on 2021 Bronco (with pro camera) 1612733660930

Ford Bronco Side-by-Side photos of 33's vs 35's tires on 2021 Bronco (with pro camera) 1612734162201

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're not alone. I can't tell the difference either.
Turns out in that first pic, they are 33", but the drive was in a Race Red Wildtrak with pics a few pages in that are definitely Squatched 35" tires.

All the talk on here recently about 37s now has me brainwashed to upgrade when my 35s wear out... That's also when I'll look to upgrade my suspension and add a lift..... 🤔?.....🤔..... Think I gots me an idear and a plan now! Hot damn!😃

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The BL comes with the STABILIZER BAR disconnect, but that chart is referring to a front AXLE disconnect. Not sure exactly what that means, but it is only on the models without the front locker. I wonder if it is referring to the part time 4WD system?
Ford Bronco Side-by-Side photos of 33's vs 35's tires on 2021 Bronco (with pro camera) 1612734162201

Yes.

Part time selectable 4wd has a “front axle disconnect” for when you’re in 2H

The optional Automatic 4 wheel drive (4A) transfer case does not because of how it’s designed (clutch pack).

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

all these crazy threads discussing over and over 5/8" difference

RDUBronco

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee; Toyota Tacoma; BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was all in on believing the 10mm lift and wondering the what the actual difference in the parts was.

Then this came out.

So either @broncosor can't measure, these are still Frankenstein Broncos, or the 10mm lift difference isn't true. So who do we believe?
Like several folks have indicated 10mm is less than 0.5 inch difference. Given dynamics of ground variations, payload, and another onsite factors, its hard to visualize or properly measure that small difference.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

NO NO NO your not gonna get a 4.7 gear that way. I actually have a BL A10 ordered non sas you cant code it.
So the build and price has yet another defect...I'm shocked. In any event I ordered the non-sas badlands with the 4.46 gearing. I'll take the better highway gas mileage of the 4.46.

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great catch. Never heard it called front axle disconnect. Must be for the models without advanced 4WD, unless they go with Sasquatch
Sponsored