First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was so focused on looking at the tires that I almost missed the difference in "daylight" under/behind the red one. This angle nicely illustrates the additional ground clearance of the 35's.
It is probably just me but the body of the red one looks wider than the a51. Optical illusion?
Sponsored

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am currently planning on BL non-squatch. The thing that turns me off the most is the fugly wide fender flares. If I decide to go 35's (4 dr) the fender flares will be the first thing to be replaced.

Then how do I get the bumpers to match?

nifty

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Highlander / 66 GMC Pickup
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It is probably just me but the body of the red one looks wider than the a51. Optical illusion?
I think it's mainly an optical illusion, the cab of the WT is ~0.5% wider than the BL on both images.
For grins (and to test), I moved the tinted window onto the BL:
Ford Bronco Side-by-Side photos of 33's vs 35's tires on 2021 Bronco (with pro camera) 1612921201700

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it's mainly an optical illusion, the cab of the WT is ~0.5% wider than the BL on both images.
For grins (and to test), I moved the tinted window onto the BL:
Ford Bronco Side-by-Side photos of 33's vs 35's tires on 2021 Bronco (with pro camera) 2697D75B-28D1-4C2E-8BCF-35EF4C1C6241
Up to this point I have been firmly set on 33's as the height diff of the tires is not that much. I must say that the girth of the 35 is nice. I assume that performance in snow will be minimal. I also think that the black grill may be throwing me on the optical illusion.

Sponsored

nifty

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Highlander / 66 GMC Pickup
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Up to this point I have been firmly set on 33's as the height diff of the tires is not that much. I must say that the girth of the 35 is nice. I assume that performance in snow will be minimal. I also think that the black grill may be throwing me on the optical illusion.
I think it's mix of a bunch of little things. color of glass, black grill, meaty tires, and the wider flares add up to a impressive presence.

JohnMcClane

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am currently planning on BL non-squatch. The thing that turns me off the most is the fugly wide fender flares. If I decide to go 35's (4 dr) the fender flares will be the first thing to be replaced.

Then how do I get the bumpers to match?
At this point I actually like the wider flares, but that’s probably because what I’ve seen pictured in the Accessories Catalog makes the wide flares look nice.

deejaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So a few days ago I brought you a detailed report about my ride at KOH here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ack-report-and-new-information-gleaned.12330/

I told you I did not post more pictures cause I have the same as everyone else. That was true for my phone pictures. What I did not tell you is that I brought a pro DSLR to take a comparison of 33s and 35s with a lens corrected for distortion at a focale that is close to human eye for proportion.
So here you go.

EDIT: I feel the question coming. Yes when I saw them for real when taking those pictures it looked and felt like those pictures. They are "true to size". My opinion is that 33" look good but the 35 look a bit better. My first thought when seeing them the first time was "it's less difference than I thought it would be"
Capability is very similar, all the Broncos at that event (on 33 and 35) were doing the same course at the same speed. An engineer at Bilstein who helped develop the shock even said he would take the 33s cause "travel is king" and he did not like that Ford reduced travel on the 35s. So it's mostly a look question. Is the slightly better look on the 35 worth $2500 (on a Badlands)? Do you favor the 1" higher clearance? or the 1cm better travel? Only you can answer. Personally, I am still undecided.

By the way, just trowing that out there but I just test drove a 2.3 ranger today and a 2.7 F150. I floored both 8 to 10 times from 0mph and from 20 and 50. Honestly very little difference, and I would say that the 2.3 even had more character and was more fun. BUT the F150 was 400 pounds heavier. Still, I do agree with the Bronco driver from KOH when he said both engines are perfectly fit even on a loaded Badlands. After discussing that with him, and driving both myself I decided to go with the 2.3. Unpopular opinion for sure, but just sharing my thoughts for those who can't decide.

EDIT2: I have just created an IG account where I’ll post more pictures from the event as well as when I get my Bronco. Don’t hesitate to follow along! https://www.instagram.com/broncoexplorers/

Ford Bronco Side-by-Side photos of 33's vs 35's tires on 2021 Bronco (with pro camera) IMG_1312.JPG
Ford Bronco Side-by-Side photos of 33's vs 35's tires on 2021 Bronco (with pro camera) IMG_1312.JPG
What it really points out to me is how much bigger the Bronco is in person than it appears to be in photos.

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I don't know if these help .
The people with ford were really accommodating with me switching car seats in and out (two kids). Bronco 4 door sits 2 car seats with no room in the middle for much else . My daughters seat sat more in a 90 degree position so ft well and only conflicted with the head rest . I'm sure sliding it up would have solved that problem . My sons car seat ( 2 year old ) sat in a more reclined position which made it more awkward when strapping in . The back seat didn't recline enough to accept the car seat perfectly. I'm sure part of it was my lack of knowing on all the adjustments. Either way I'm not overly concerned as even in a haste both locked in securely and there was never any doubt that either car seat was installed improperly.

Thanks for the car seat pictures. It definitely looks tight with 2 seats(which fit on the 60 portion of my f-150). I think families with 3 kids will be disappointed in the back seat of the 4dr.

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco / 2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dunno man. In the side by side of the Rapid Red with no side badge and the Area 51 Badlands, both sets of tires look to be 33"; even the wheels are not what I've normally seen on a Squatch.

The Race Red which I can barely see in the back right, might be a Wildtrak or FE. Would be great to have some pics of that Race Red from the side.
You may be on to something. The handful of videos from KOH ride-along stated that a lot of the broncos were preproduction models. they could be a hodgepodge of different parts and pieces, not accurately representing production builds.

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LT315/70R17 are considered by many to be a 35" tire, not saying I agree with said consideration, but that seems to be general consensus.

And beadlock capable wheels.

If the offset is anything like the the BD steelies, I'd be surprised if anything over 32 doesn't rub.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ck-diamond-race-red-4-door-on-the-move.12132/
They measure 34.4". The consensus lies!

I had 33x12.50 Super Swapers SSR I think was model on my 1999 Jeep TJ and they made BFG 35x12.50's look like 31 or 32's. Since my lift kit (TerraFlex) seemed to be designed for 33's that ran really small they rubbed all over. But I loved the tires.

LiqidaProst

Base
First Name
Davis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The difference is really small but they are great as it is.
Sponsored