Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry, I'm still a bit sleepy. Which one has the 35's? The Red Bronco?

Bacon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Dr IS MIC Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wasn’t the right event, but would like to see side by side of 32’s on the BB/OBX vs the 33’s on BL. I’m in between one if those models, it’s gonna be a daily driver with no serious off roading, but considering the BL for manual w mid, and it definitely looks more bad ass.

rmanecke

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83CJ / 87YJ Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just put in my order for the two door BL with stick, 2.3, and 4:7 on the contract.

I like to wheel using a manual transmission - just for the fun and challenge - and I did not want to wait for the manual / squatch option. It looks like it won't take much to put on 35s if I decide later that I need them.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I rode in the race red
Definitely a squatched wild track
Kinda a Frankenstein though because it had FE navy pier interior
Ok, makes sense. Maybe it's just me (likely), but the first posted pick is of a Rapid Red 4 door non-Squatch and a 4 door Area 51 Badlands also non-Squatch. This is what my eyes are telling me, yet I see several comments that the Rapid Red is on 35" when I think those are 33".

I'm no expert; only an informed novice, petrol head, Southern boy who loves tires, mud, rivers, shootin shit, etc.

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In person is there are larger difference in the size? Thanks for the great pictures!
is this a sasquatch with 33 or just a badlands with 33s. if its the former i wouldn't expect it to look much different

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guys..... I was there all day. Spent hours with each of them. The Race Red is a wildtrak, no it’s not a Frankeinstein. It has a leather Sandstone interior.
The Rapid red is a First Edition and has the navy pier interior. Not sure what you mean by « it does not have the wheel I have seen on Squatch ». It has the standard First Edition wheels which are Sasquatch wheels with the beauty ring painted black. And yes those are 35 tires on the Rapid Red.

I guarantee it.
Ok. I'm catching up, just a little slow by account of my public school education and all. My mom says to be nice to me, be tolerant, and to modify my bad behaviors with either chocolate candies or beer. 😌

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So a few days ago I brought you a detailed report about my ride at KOH here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ack-report-and-new-information-gleaned.12330/

I told you I did not post more pictures cause I have the same as everyone else. That was true for my phone pictures. What I did not tell you is that I brought a pro DSLR to take a comparison of 33s and 35s with a lens corrected for distortion at a focale that is close to human eye for proportion.
So here you go.

EDIT: I feel the question coming. Yes when I saw them for real when taking those pictures it looked and felt like those pictures. They are "true to size". My opinion is that 33" look good but the 35 look a bit better. My first thought when seeing them the first time was "it's less difference than I thought it would be"
Capability is very similar, all the Broncos at that event (on 33 and 35) were doing the same course at the same speed. An engineer at Bilstein who helped develop the shock even said he would take the 33s cause "travel is king" and he did not like that Ford reduced travel on the 35s. So it's mostly a look question. Is the slightly better look on the 35 worth $2500 (on a Badlands)? Do you favor the 1" higher clearance? or the 1cm better travel? Only you can answer. Personally, I am still undecided.

By the way, just trowing that out there but I just test drove a 2.3 ranger today and a 2.7 F150. I floored both 8 to 10 times from 0mph and from 20 and 50. Honestly very little difference, and I would say that the 2.3 even had more character and was more fun. BUT the F150 was 400 pounds heavier. Still, I do agree with the Bronco driver from KOH when he said both engines are perfectly fit even on a loaded Badlands. After discussing that with him, and driving both myself I decided to go with the 2.3. Unpopular opinion for sure, but just sharing my thoughts for those who can't decide.

2021 Bronco 33 inch vs 35 inch factory OEM wheels.jpg
2021 Bronco 33 inch vs 35 inch factory OEM wheels 1.jpg
this is great info! however, same as you im still undecided because it really is a small difference! Now if i could only touch MGV before i decide!!

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Guys..... I was there all day. Spent hours with each of them. The Race Red is a wildtrak, no it’s not a Frankeinstein. It has a leather Sandstone interior.
The Rapid red is a First Edition and has the navy pier interior. Not sure what you mean by « it does not have the wheel I have seen on Squatch ». It has the standard First Edition wheels which are Sasquatch wheels with the beauty ring painted black. And yes those are 35 tires on the Rapid Red.

I guarantee it.
The Big problem here is you did not publish all your pics. :cool:

Sponsored

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I don't know what sandstone is suppose to look like and I thought wild track had some digi camo look. But this is what I rode in . Looks like navy pier to me . Ie frankenstein . Maybe there was another race red . But I didn't see it .

1E04FC79-9DE2-4EDD-8CD0-71A5767BBBE9.jpeg
like the interior!

Mattmquin

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne GTS / Wrangler - TJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
So a few days ago I brought you a detailed report about my ride at KOH here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ack-report-and-new-information-gleaned.12330/

I told you I did not post more pictures cause I have the same as everyone else. That was true for my phone pictures. What I did not tell you is that I brought a pro DSLR to take a comparison of 33s and 35s with a lens corrected for distortion at a focale that is close to human eye for proportion.
So here you go.

EDIT: I feel the question coming. Yes when I saw them for real when taking those pictures it looked and felt like those pictures. They are "true to size". My opinion is that 33" look good but the 35 look a bit better. My first thought when seeing them the first time was "it's less difference than I thought it would be"
Capability is very similar, all the Broncos at that event (on 33 and 35) were doing the same course at the same speed. An engineer at Bilstein who helped develop the shock even said he would take the 33s cause "travel is king" and he did not like that Ford reduced travel on the 35s. So it's mostly a look question. Is the slightly better look on the 35 worth $2500 (on a Badlands)? Do you favor the 1" higher clearance? or the 1cm better travel? Only you can answer. Personally, I am still undecided.

By the way, just trowing that out there but I just test drove a 2.3 ranger today and a 2.7 F150. I floored both 8 to 10 times from 0mph and from 20 and 50. Honestly very little difference, and I would say that the 2.3 even had more character and was more fun. BUT the F150 was 400 pounds heavier. Still, I do agree with the Bronco driver from KOH when he said both engines are perfectly fit even on a loaded Badlands. After discussing that with him, and driving both myself I decided to go with the 2.3. Unpopular opinion for sure, but just sharing my thoughts for those who can't decide.

2021 Bronco 33 inch vs 35 inch factory OEM wheels.jpg
2021 Bronco 33 inch vs 35 inch factory OEM wheels 1.jpg
Thanks for sharing! Just curious, if the cost was the same, would you still pick the 2.3 if you were going AT either way? Also, I will be getting a base squatch and will be interested in trading those wheels and tires for the upgraded wheels and tires that come on the badlands. Let me know if anyone in Midwest is interested in that swap. I feel like I’m too old to drive 35s but the squatch is too good of a deal to not get.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

is this a sasquatch with 33 or just a badlands with 33s. if its the former i wouldn't expect it to look much different
Red is Sasquatch with 35. A51 is BL suspension with 33.

The difference in height between squatch suspension and BL suspension is said to be only 10mm....

mac62989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma Sport Access Cab, 2001 Trans AM WS6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
From the side profile its really not much of a difference. From the front, the 35s look way beefier. I will be more than happy with 33s though for something that will mostly be street driven. What I would really like to see is this comparison on the better proportioned 2 door..
Sponsored