First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Where's that picture showing the Bronco parked next to the Raptor? I thought those pics were from the same website (Motor1)? I sent that pic to Wifey and have yet to see a response........
Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is it True that, any Bronco Trim if equipped w/Sasquatch Package will have to be a Automatic Only?

Armyerrn

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Sivwrado Crew Cab Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Manual Badlands, swap out the tires to 35's later.
I always preferred the manual, but the automatic tranny has the crawl feature and is just a better way to put the power to the wheels. These new granny’s have more gears, shirt better and tow, highway drive with instant passing power and are much better off road than the manuals and the old school automatics. Drive one for a good bit and you’ll question the value of a manual. These are far superior to the Wrangler in every respect. Jeep has been given a free pass because of zero competition. You pay more for a Jeep only because you can’t go elsewhere.
This will drive the Jeep prices down, finally. They are under powered and in a still headwind drop from 15-18 MPH to 8 mph. You drive from gas station to gas station. The issue of windshields cracking all the time because the smallest rock at highway speeds bit that flat surface and bingo! Another chip or even replacement time.
The Bronco is sorely needed. The 310 Horsepower is more than a 79 Corvette that had 275 and we thought that was awesome.
these are going to fill the roads as fast as they make the. The Jeep Gladiator looks like a toy rather than a serious off road vehicle. They are a joke and when visiting my buddy that sells them, they went quickly upon release and they were traded in quickly. Under powered. No use for the tiny box. And it shakes, rattles and vibrates like a 78 Jeep. The Bronco looks like it’s very handy and has the 310 HP V-6 available. If you buy one without it, you’ll regret it everyday. You need horsepower with these off road vehicles, and the 310 hp is still not enough. What is it at the rear wheels? Not near 200 I’m guessing. Cool looks and functionality. Plus the tired Wranglers, all seem red, white or black, are done. Those Jeep clubs with the huge lift kits and big money spent on a mall crawler will hide in shame. Ford has lost the truck market, they may sell more F-150’s but that’s large commercial buys that boost its sales when Ram has a great truck with that Hemi, it’s a far better looking and more powerful truck. Chevy got back in the game with the redesign. Looks good but for $60 grand, I’m just taking my 2013 Z71 with 180K miles and dropping in a Chevy crate 6.2, adding a proper cam, headers, Magbaflow catalytic converters and Magnaflow dual exhaust and I’ll have 525 Horse at the rear wheels. Perfect for towing, off road power and blowing the doors off everyone’s F150. For $20K, I get a new tranny, engine and the needed upgrades including the disk brake conversion to the rear from RockAuto.com. Best parts dealer for anything. I already got Katzkin leather and a thumping KENWOOD head unit with CarPlay, speakers, Crutchfield.com has an inline Alipine amp that is perfect to drive the new speakers and subwoofer, making Jason Aldean and Jon Pardi rock my eardrums. But oneand it’s an easy install right at the stereo, about 8 in long and 3”wide with 2 in height. Fits right in and Crutchfield is known for their detailed installation instructions that take you step by step and support a call away.

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is it True that, any Bronco Trim if equipped w/Sasquatch Package will have to be a Automatic Only?
Probably, but we won’t know 100% until the build and price, Mike Levine said they were open to feedback, and when asked about it again he gave a response along the lines of “wait and see” (I can’t remember the exact tweet), so it’s possible it may be available with the manual, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I always preferred the manual, but the automatic tranny has the crawl feature and is just a better way to put the power to the wheels. These new granny’s have more gears, shirt better and tow, highway drive with instant passing power and are much better off road than the manuals and the old school automatics. Drive one for a good bit and you’ll question the value of a manual.
WOW, that turned into a rant!!! LOL
Funny thing is, I think I was suggesting something to somebody else that wanted those features, not that I believe the manual is the one and only true way to go.
Daily driving manuals drives me NUTS, especially back when I smoked, along with my morning coffee, that kept you busy. LOL
I prefer putting it in "D" and grabbing my morning coffee mug with the same hand and letting her roll.

I'll say this though, while going down hill, the modern vehicle can do things similar to a crawler gear, by applying the brakes. BUT, There are times that having that 94:1 crawl ratio to just ease up , over, or through something, you just can't replicate that amount of torque replication.

I'll argue the horsepower comment also. It all depends on what your doing.
Horsepower is King at the Sand dunes and mud bogs, etc etc. But on more technical trails, rock gardens, cliffs, gnarly hills and big rocks and I'll take a 4 four banger with an extremely low crawling gear over a peaky power monger every time.

Daily drivng??? Build for torque, the horsepower will follow.

Mavrick

Base
First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Isn't that just a 2 door wrangle sport next to that bronco. I need a comparison of the Jeep 4 door Rubicon next to that bronco Sasquatch. That way I can make a better decision.

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco / 2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am definitely going the route of Badlands, 2.7/10 Auto Squatched!!!
But i am agonizing over the decision of 2dr vs. 4dr.

Anyone else struggling with this decision?

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am definitely going the route of Badlands, 2.7/10 Auto Squatched!!!
But i am agonizing over the decision of 2dr vs. 4dr.

Anyone else struggling with this decision?
My Struggle is different, whether to Add Sask Pack. to Base or Not, whether to follow the Heart or think with Brain ?

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So ... you are going to make fun of folks for not picking an option that does not exist?
Sorry for the long wait for a reply, I missed your question.

No, I am going to make fun of people with 35" tires that never leave the pavement. That was why the part about "city-trapped" came in.

This is why everyone has to pony up and get the Sasquatch package. You will be very disappointed if you don't have 35s and then look over while at a light when BIG FOOT pulls up beside you. LOL!
Also, you started it.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
LOL! Most peeps do not take their toys off road.

Sorry for the long wait for a reply, I missed your question.

No, I am going to make fun of people with 35" tires that never leave the pavement. That was why the part about "city-trapped" came in.

Also, you started it.

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL! Most peeps do not take their toys off road.
And we found the source of our dissension, this ain't a toy for me. This is going to get me out to my cows on a rainy, muddy day.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
And we found the source of our dissension, this ain't a toy for me. This is going to get me out to my cows on a rainy, muddy day.
Similar in terms of not simply a road toy. It will navigate off-road trails camping and exploring in the mountains. And hauling my canoe on top, bikes on the hitch carrier, and other utility type stuff I don't want done with my cars. My CJ front bumper currently doubles as a makeshift bench for clamping wood or metal when drilling or cutting outside. I'll fab some bumpers for the Bronco in similar fashion. I'm buying for the combo fun/utility.
Sponsored