Side Steps for Badlands with rock rail?

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m getting a badland Sas, so 35s on it. I know this will be pretty tall for my kiddos and possibly wife. As many of you know it comes with rock rails. Does anyone know if there are aftermarket steps that would connect to the rock rails or any other suggestions?
Sponsored

mmaturo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8, R8s, Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ditto. Reading other posts nothing else. Sadly Ford themselves showed something like go rhino D2 steps attached but do not exist. I want the tube doors now also Ford. My badlands SAS coming in 2 weeks and my 5 year old will ummm jump otherwise

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Redrooster33

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda pilot
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m getting a badland Sas, so 35s on it. I know this will be pretty tall for my kiddos and possibly wife. As many of you know it comes with rock rails. Does anyone know if there are aftermarket steps that would connect to the rock rails or any other suggestions?
I’m getting my build in a few weeks if you want to trade my steps for your rock rails. DM me if you’re interested.

Sponsored

JMBGlass

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tacoma/C.O. Badlands 2.7 4Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those Go Rhinos don't look too bad. I'll be removing the rock rails on my Badlands '22 because I won't be doing rock crawling (not in near future at least) and mainly because it seems like Ford have made it so that we can't affix their mudflaps as long as there are rock rails in place.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My wife had trouble getting into the Bronco, so I plan to get the Rock Slide Engineering rock rail steps. Both a strong rock slider and a good step. Not cheap, but the they won't bend like the Go Rhino steps are likely to do if actually up against rocks on the trail.

https://rockslideengineering.com/

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go Rhino DSS added to mine!just for the wife and kids😌

Ford Bronco Side Steps for Badlands with rock rail? F695538F-1CD4-460F-97AB-90FC832270B7
Looks great. How wide is the DSS? And what made you go with these vs. the D6 or others?

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the Rockslide, but that’s a lot out of the budget. I’ll probably get the DSS from Stage 3 for my Badlands. I’m assuming they’re not fully legit sliders, being bolted on. I was comparing prices, and they were ~$100 cheaper than others, with free shipping.

Sponsored

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do the Go Rhino’s limit clearance at all?

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go Rhino DSS added to mine!just for the wife and kids😌

Ford Bronco Side Steps for Badlands with rock rail? 34ae9981-49be-45ce-bf83-6fc5099d7fd4-jpe
Those look awesome. Subtle enough that I won't look like an off-roading poser but still effective at getting the job done (getting my kids in the car). So glad I went with these!

How was the install? Did you put it on a lift?

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Do the Go Rhino’s limit clearance at all?
Of course they do. Thing is, rocks don't just hit from the bottom. That's easy. They also hit from the side. If you're on the trail and driving around rocks that you don't want to drive over, that are bigger than you want to drive over, then you can drive next to them and possibly pivot off of the rock, and the force of the rock will be on the outside edge of the step. That will require a very strong step, with a good mount to the frame, to not bend up.

Coming from years in the Jeep world, we've seen plenty of steps bend. Since on the Bronco these types of steps are being mounted to the body, rather then the frame, there is potential to do body damage which could be hard to repair. My point is that for those who bought Badlands, with lockers and sway bar disconnect, and factory rock rails, who will most likely be tempted to use the Bronco for what it was designed to do, those wide steps mounted to the body are a risk. In the Jeep world, folks who have steps like those don't actually wheel, because the folks who really do wheel don't have steps like those. Wide steps mounted to the body scream "mall crawler".

Your money, your Bronco, do what you want. Just sayin'.