Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know that I saw a post a few days ago by a guy who installed side steps with the OEM rock rails. The steps used the same mounting holes as the rock rails. Easy install. When I find the post, I'll upload either pics or the link.

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m getting a badland Sas, so 35s on it. I know this will be pretty tall for my kiddos and possibly wife. As many of you know it comes with rock rails. Does anyone know if there are aftermarket steps that would connect to the rock rails or any other suggestions?
I have the Badlands SAS with 35s. It is high... But my kids 6 and 10 have no problems getting in. They like that they have to climb in. My wife commented once how high it was and never said anything again.

Honestly, getting out concerns me more because I kinda slide off the seat and I'm worried it might deform the side of the seat over time. Getting in is no problem at all.

I thought about getting some kind of step but I decided against it. I take it off road a bit, nothing hardcore but some moderate off roading, mud and rocks. In the end, I don't need it.

I had a '77 F250 Highboy with 35s and a 4" lift and didn't have steps either lol. Now that was a climb.

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have the Badlands SAS with 35s. It is high... But my kids 6 and 10 have no problems getting in. They like that they have to climb in. My wife commented once how high it was and never said anything again.

Honestly, getting out concerns me more because I kinda slide off the seat and I'm worried it might deform the side of the seat over time. Getting in is no problem at all.

I thought about getting some kind of step but I decided against it. I take it off road a bit, nothing hardcore but some moderate off roading, mud and rocks. In the end, I don't need it.

I had a '77 F250 Highboy with 35s and a 4" lift and didn't have steps either lol. Now that was a climb.
Do you run into issues with the kids stepping in the pained area of the door jams and scratching it up. I don’t mean to come across like it won’t get dings or scratches but just trying to figure out how I can keep it nice… appreciate your feedback!

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They...... pivot off of the rock, and the force of the rock will be on the outside edge of the step. That will require a very strong step, with a good mount to the frame, to not bend up.
Very good point I overlooked when looking at this. It would be like a lever with a lot of force. I really want the double tube frame mounted style like I had on my XJ (Yep still miss it) Like what is on the Fun-Haver truck to protect the rocker panels both from the side & below.
pf-1d095036--Rubicon8.jpg

Sponsored

Zap74

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3. Volkswagen Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great. How wide is the DSS? And what made you go with these vs. the D6 or others?
I like the look of the DSS, not as wide as D6.
I have used go rhino products in the past and no complaints . I dont plan on bashing them on big rocks. I do mostly sand and fire roads. they are just for the kids basically. There is 2 1/2” of step.

ADC59369-0F79-42A8-AF50-1557AAD1A3C8.jpeg

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm hoping that the N-FAB RKR STEP SYSTEM becomes available for the Bronco. It's nice that you can remove the steps for wheeling.

images_ePIM_original_RKR_Cab_Length_Step_System_1_h500_q80.jpg

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know that I saw a post a few days ago by a guy who installed side steps with the OEM rock rails. The steps used the same mounting holes as the rock rails. Easy install. When I find the post, I'll upload either pics or the link.
I found the picture. He said that the stock rock rails stay on and these get mounted on the same seam that the rails are bolted into.

Ford Bronco Side Steps for Badlands with rock rail? FB_IMG_1633120049288

Last edited:

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I found the picture. He said that the stock sliders stay on and these get mounted on the same seam that the rails are bolted into.

Ford Bronco Side Steps for Badlands with rock rail? FB_IMG_1633120049288
Are these made specifically for bronco or was it a custom job I def want something like this for my Sasquatch bronco

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are these made specifically for bronco or was it a custom job I def want something like this for my Sasquatch bronco
I'll post when I get more information from the poster. It was from a Facebook Bronco group.

Sponsored

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you run into issues with the kids stepping in the pained area of the door jams and scratching it up. I don’t mean to come across like it won’t get dings or scratches but just trying to figure out how I can keep it nice… appreciate your feedback!
I have cactus grey so it really doesn't show scratches. I never really paid attention so I just ordered my son to go out and climb up. Here you go.... Yes he does step there but no I don't really have any scratches.

I got my Bronco Aug 6 and it sees a lot of school trips.

Ford Bronco Side Steps for Badlands with rock rail? PXL_20211001_214045177

Ford Bronco Side Steps for Badlands with rock rail? PXL_20211001_214040841

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think @EIGHTLUG is looking into making something. He likes business so I'm sure if he garners enough interest in them he'll come out with something nice.

DubC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2016 F150, 2022 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs