Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Me too! Just waiting on everything to show up! Wasn’t expecting skids, UCA’s, or the Rock Krawler stuff to be so far out on their manufacturing. I only expected to be waiting on the portals and rack. (Steering rack is actually done but I told them to just ship it out with the portals)
Every company has different challenges to overcome with R&D, supply chains, manufacturing capacity etc. Amazon Prime next day delivery for Chinese junk has conditioned the patience out of us for quality products made by small American manufacturers. Everything on your list is worth the wait!

BTW I didn't see your tire choice on your list but those look like they're filling out the ADV fender wells more than stock. Curious what size you went with, and your reasoning for sticking with 4.7 diffs considering your obvious willingness to spend a little more to get things "just right" with the rest of your build. You're buying the new FDU anyhow, which comes with gears of choice at no additional cost, and a re-gear of the rear would only be a drop in the bucket among the rest of your expenditures.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Every company has different challenges to overcome with R&D, supply chains, manufacturing capacity etc. Amazon Prime next day delivery for Chinese junk has conditioned the patience out of us for quality products made by small American manufacturers. Everything on your list is worth the wait!

BTW I didn't see your tire choice on your list but those look like they're filling out the ADV fender wells more than stock. Curious what size you went with, and your reasoning for sticking with 4.7 diffs considering your obvious willingness to spend a little more to get things "just right" with the rest of your build. You're buying the new FDU anyhow, which comes with gears of choice at no additional cost, and a re-gear of the rear would only be a drop in the bucket among the rest of your expenditures.
Definitely agree on the “Amazon effect” and I’ve always been a proponent of do it right instead of quickly. I think I just thought with how long the Broncos have been out now some of these companies would have more parts stocked up. I’m not complaining-just surprised is all.

For tires I’m looking at 40” Toyo MT’s. I’ve always liked how well they held up to abuse on my Rappy’s and still have great road manners, but dang they’re heavy for this application. Still haven’t fully committed to them yet. No regear as the portals will do that for me. 4.7 to 5.7, then the change in tires gets be back to ~5.0 if I counted my fingers correctly.

OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Definitely agree on the “Amazon effect” and I’ve always been a proponent of do it right instead of quickly. I think I just thought with how long the Broncos have been out now some of these companies would have more parts stocked up. I’m not complaining-just surprised is all.

For tires I’m looking at 40” Toyo MT’s. I’ve always liked how well they held up to abuse on my Rappy’s and still have great road manners, but dang they’re heavy for this application. Still haven’t fully committed to them yet. No regear as the portals will do that for me. 4.7 to 5.7, then the change in tires gets be back to ~5.0 if I counted my fingers correctly.
(The tires in the picture are the stock SAS tires)

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You've got a nice build going there. You also have some of the same parts I installed. The 74 weld steering rack made my wild track feel extra nimble, very quick response. I also thought about doing the reaper and modifying my rear bumper for it, when I didn't like was it still connecting to the tailgate. Knowing me, I'll back into a tree out at the ranch and cave in the tailgate and take the back glass with it. I'd like something to bend a little bit first before that happens.
I'm still riding on the stock suspension. I want to wear that out first before I upgrade.
I really like the sway bar disconnect idea. Think I'll go order one today and get it in the works

OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You've got a nice build going there. You also have some of the same parts I installed. The 74 weld steering rack made my wild track feel extra nimble, very quick response. I also thought about doing the reaper and modifying my rear bumper for it, when I didn't like was it still connecting to the tailgate. Knowing me, I'll back into a tree out at the ranch and cave in the tailgate and take the back glass with it. I'd like something to bend a little bit first before that happens.
I'm still riding on the stock suspension. I want to wear that out first before I upgrade.
I really like the sway bar disconnect idea. Think I'll go order one today and get it in the works
Man that’s my concern with the Reaper too. Or dragging the spare down a feature and damaging the tailgate that way. I have APEX valve stems installed on everything already so it would be easy enough to deflate the spare for that scenario but that doesn’t mean it will save it 😬

I’m leaving the factory shocks in place until the “portal shocks” (I made that up) are ready. Quinn is working with Fox to get some shocks developed specifically for their portals.

Sponsored

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oops I totally overlooked the gear reduction in the portals. Carry on!

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm with you on the shocks. I've got one of his first 10 sets a portals and am also waiting to see what Quinn comes up with .
I opted out of the double shear hemi thing just because I won't be in a situation where I can take advantage of that very often.
I've been eyeballing the apex stuff too. The mini hose reel appeals to me

OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm with you on the shocks. I've got one of his first 10 sets a portals and am also waiting to see what Quinn comes up with .
I opted out of the double shear hemi thing just because I won't be in a situation where I can take advantage of that very often.
I've been eyeballing the apex stuff too. The mini hose reel appeals to me
I’m hoping with the double shear my new weak point will be the bolt. That’s really the primary reason I did that upgrade as the heims won’t last as long compared to the standard ball joint.

Pretty impressed with the Apex stuff. My gorilla fingers and beadlocks do make it a built difficult to get the high flow fitting threaded onto the stem but they air up ridiculously fast. Seems like five or six death scrolls on your favorite time-vampire app and they’re done. (Keep forgetting to time it) Airing down from 35 to 15 takes like 20 seconds.

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I used Exodus in San Marcos for the install, It was suggested to do a gear change.
We installed 410's to get a final drive of about 5:0 with 37s
I've got Nitto MTs, they're relatively quiet for a mud tire but they do kick some sand. (+35 bead grips).
Between the tires and the portals, you can definitely feel the increase in unsprung weight, it feels well planted.
A tune with new pipes front and rear, with a CAI Will definitely keep it Bucking.🐎

Sponsored
OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I used Exodus in San Marcos for the install, It was suggested to do a gear change.
We installed 410's to get a final drive of about 5:0 with 37s
I've got Nitto MTs, they're relatively quiet for a mud tire but they do kick some sand. (+35 bead grips).
Between the tires and the portals, you can definitely feel the increase in unsprung weight, it feels well planted.
A tune with new pipes front and rear, with a CAI Will definitely keep it Bucking.🐎
I run Goosetuned on the Rappy, but he’s still waiting on Cobb to get the Bronco unlocked. Not certain if I’ll be too worried about trying to gain any additional performance out of a 2.7 running 40’s though 😉 I also prefer quiet exhausts. Have done a little looking but not extensively on what I can do to get the exhaust cleaned up on clearance. Noise is primary concern though. For example-I have my R mode for the rappy set to go straight to quiet. I like quiet. Just not terribly interested in hearing the exhaust anymore. Maybe it’s the lack of V8ness? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My magnaflow axle back drones a little, I'm thinking to try the CVF system and try and quiet it down myself for a exhaust delete.
Will you need a high clearance exhaust with the full NV skids?
The Injen CAI system definitely makes a noticable improvement too.

OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My magnaflow axle back drones a little, I'm thinking to try the CVF system and try and quiet it down myself for a exhaust delete.
Will you need a high clearance exhaust with the full NV skids?
The Injen CAI system definitely makes a noticable improvement too.
NV didn’t mention any need to modify the exhaust with their skids…🤔

OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Keep up the good work brother. I'll be watching and taking notes
Thanks man. Just waiting patiently now for everything to show up. 32 spline axles shipped today so that will at least provide a temporary bump of excitement. 😉
Sponsored