Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah I seen those before and it's an interesting design and probably works halfway good off road however, for any true on-road high-speed driving a long sweeping turn and those things would bottom out and this sway bar would be doing absolutely nothing. Another concern would be high speed accident avoidance, where you have to whip the steering wheel back and forth to avoid something like maybe a deer jumping in your path, it seems to me that the sway bar would not have or add much stability with these parts attached.
that’s kinda the compromise. Works halfway good off road with slow speed heavy articulation and halfway good on the road at high speed articulation (evasive maneuvers). Maybe just worst of both worlds instead of best. 🤷‍♂️ not sure but interested in feedback. I would think the shocks would need to be tuned perfectly and might still not be good enough. Please post additional thoughts as they evolve. @SierraBronco
Sponsored

Sponsored
OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
that’s kinda the compromise. Works halfway good off road with slow speed heavy articulation and halfway good on the road at high speed articulation (evasive maneuvers). Maybe just worst of both worlds instead of best. 🤷‍♂️ not sure but interested in feedback. I would think the shocks would need to be tuned perfectly and might still not be good enough. Please post additional thoughts as they evolve. @SierraBronco
Took it out today with a big group that included another Wildtrak with 3” lift and 37’s and a stock badlands. We didn’t do any real “testing” but ours seemed to flex out quite well compared to the badlands with theirs disconnected. Didn’t bother doing any measurements or anything due to the body lift and ADV fenders. You are welcome for my providing of no information with practical use. I guess I could add that the Ford beadlocks are fantastic.

Ford Bronco SierraBronco's WildTrak Build View recent photos

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Took it out today with a big group that included another Wildtrak with 3” lift and 37’s and a stock badlands. We didn’t do any real “testing” but ours seemed to flex out quite well compared to the badlands with theirs disconnected. Didn’t bother doing any measurements or anything due to the body lift and ADV fenders. You are welcome for my providing of no information with practical use. I guess I could add that the Ford beadlocks are fantastic.

thanks for the update.

I did some math on the stock sway bar and came up with the figure attached. It shows the resistance the heavy OEM bar (1 3/8) and a lighter bar (1”) will reach during wheel articulation. The heavy OEM bar really jacks up resistance quickly.

the walker links essentially give you a free 3” before oem resistance kicks in. At least at slow crawling speeds. I have been debating getting either a softer bar like anti rock or the walker links. The break even point seems to be about 4” of articulation. Walker links seem better on surface than lighter bar at low speed.

For me it all depends on how it does at speed. Any extra articulation in the rocks is a bonus. I may just add the antirock bar and see how it does. Probably good enough for me right now. Might also add a rear bar to push some articulation to the front. Not sure if that is a good idea or not.

anyway great thread. Keep us updated. Love to hear what others are doing.

9AF92ED9-62E3-4307-B8B9-596A96839082.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
thanks for the update.

I did some math on the stock sway bar and came up with the figure attached. It shows the resistance the heavy OEM bar (1 3/8) and a lighter bar (1”) will reach during wheel articulation. The heavy OEM bar really jacks up resistance quickly.

the walker links essentially give you a free 3” before oem resistance kicks in. At least at slow crawling speeds. I have been debating getting either a softer bar like anti rock or the walker links. The break even point seems to be about 4” of articulation. Walker links seem better on surface than lighter bar at low speed.

For me it all depends on how it does at speed. Any extra articulation in the rocks is a bonus. I may just add the antirock bar and see how it does. Probably good enough for me right now. Might also add a rear bar to push some articulation to the front. Not sure if that is a good idea or not.

anyway great thread. Keep us updated. Love to hear what others are doing.

Ford Bronco SierraBronco's WildTrak Build 9AF92ED9-62E3-4307-B8B9-596A96839082
That’s awesome! Besides the scenario of a long, drawn out turn they feel fine on the interstate. It was very very windy and gusty when we got done with an hour drive to home. 84 mph with side gusts and the one handed driving still so comfortable that the lane keeping warning comes on. I haven’t driven an IFS vehicle at that speed with the sway bar disconnected but it was certainly much better than a solid axle equivalent.

OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Another update-The Apex valve stems are ridiculously awesome for airing down. They were certainly the talk of the group being so fast. To air up all four tires from 12 to 33 psi seemed to take about half as long using the same pump and lines compared to another 35”17R rig going from 15-33.

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are you using the XL's and TPS?

OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are you using the XL's and TPS?
Yes sir. SKU X02-02-003 + X02-02-004

I wasn’t in the mood to pull the outside bead over the tire for the beadlocks, so @Discount Tire did the work for me on the valves and TPMS. If you go this route double check all the valves for tightness before heading home and installing beadlocks. Iiiiiii skipped that step and one was loose enough it wouldn’t hold air. Gave me some good practice on beadlock installation and provided me the opportunity to see that they way Ford engineered those beadlocks they really do clamp the tire. Had to use a deadblow to get the beadlock off of the tire. (Tire did come up off the wheel. Pretty cool. Should’ve taken a picture)

Last edited: