SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
RPG UCA’s and dual-shear mounts installed. UCA’s were easy and straightforward. Need to get an alignment set up. Mounts needed a little trimming to accommodate the brake lines on the driver side. Both needed trimming to work with the bigger control arms.

IMG_1744.jpeg

IMG_5358.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looking good! Did you opt to keep the cross members?.
If you’re referring to the angled ones that get beat up, yeah. They ask if you have them when you order and build the skids to accommodate them.

Sponsored

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Got another question, why did you go with the RPG UCA and not Rock Krawler? I've got the gussets coming and trying to decide on UCA's for the new spring set up (2-3")

OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Got another question, why did you go with the RPG UCA and not Rock Krawler? I've got the gussets coming and trying to decide on UCA's for the new spring set up (2-3")
I was ordering RPG tierods to use with double shear option on the portals and thought “ooooooooo. Shiny.”

So the front is RPG, rear is RockKrawler. Just installed the PB&J lower links yesterday as well.

OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Now that we know for sure where the skids would be, it was time to finish the exhaust. Not bad for reusing and modifying the factory stuff. Was able to simply cut the factory dump to the desired angle and weld it onto the muffler exit.

IMG_1767.jpeg

OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here’s an interesting update for ya-

Was talking with the RK guys this weekend at the Moab MOB event, comparing our broncos and builds. He mentioned our having all RK in the back but using RPG UCA’s up front. We explained it was purely out of convenience when ordering the RPG tierods as suggested by 74Weld for their steering rack that’s coming. Then asked him the difference between their UCA and RPG, as besides the side mounted tension bolts they looked the same. Website has a bunch of marketing jargon, but everyone is going to use big words to explain why their stuff is the best. He goes on to explain the type of bearings they use and the longevity associated with them, etcetera. Very interesting stuff. He has us convinced! We move on to the discussion of portals vs long travel, and we point out the double-shear UCA mounts that we installed to help deal with the increased leverage and weight associated with portals. He pauses for a moment, and says that thinking about the leverage from portals, the RPG heim joints might actually be better for this application with their having no rubber deflection in the system. Very refreshing to have a company representative be honest and unbiased about a different product being better based on specific details of their intended use. Completely the opposite of someone like @tmason10 who will absolutely provide misleading and false information about the competition to try to sell his products.

Sponsored

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I love it when a plan comes together!
Sounds like you kinda fell into that one.
Outstanding!
That's great news!
I've been sitting here pushing it to the last minute waiting to take advantage of the holiday sale at RK.
Guess I'll just pull the trigger on the Pro-X and be done with it.
I'll dive into the uca's a little later when the shocks get here and weld in the gussets then like you did.
Thanks for the heads Up! - just in time.

OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I love it when a plan comes together!
Sounds like you kinda fell into that one.
Outstanding!
That's great news!
I've been sitting here pushing it to the last minute waiting to take advantage of the holiday sale at RK.
Guess I'll just pull the trigger on the Pro-X and be done with it.
I'll dive into the uca's a little later when the shocks get here and weld in the gussets then like you did.
Thanks for the heads Up! - just in time.
Hell yeah! I feel confident that you’ll like the RK upgrades. Those guys are thorough and do a really good job. The links are definitely not bending or breaking even with hard hits.
Sponsored