Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dear Ford,

You let us down By not offering the 2.7 Ecoboost with a Manual transmission option. We have waited years for this Bronco, only to find out we will only get the 2.3 Ecoboost. We are die hard enthusiasts who row our own gears and are the people your entire reveal video is based on with all the off-road footage and outdoor focused model line ups. You are missing the mark and many potential customers by not offering the 2.7 Ecoboost with Manual transmission. There is still time to fix this major fail. Thanks - Drewbronc21. Pasted other members Petitions below

https://www.change.org/p/ford-offer...n=share_petition&utm_term=psf_combo_share_abi
Sponsored

Last edited:

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sadly, it is very likely that a different transmission on the 2.7 would require new smog certification, maybe new crash testing, a whole slew of extra costs that they would have to offset with added income from extra sales of a 6/M combo over the 2.3.

If their market research told them they won't, all the complaining in the World won't change their mind. It would not be a quick fix either, couple model years maybe.

I want the 2.7 (mostly for the dual injection and torque on road), all the gearing advantages of the crawl only come into play off road.

I also want a manual because it is entertaining to me. (read; less mind numbingly boring than almost every appliance vehicle out there that is an automatic only).

So something has to give if I want a Bronco and I am not persuaded at the current time to pop for, what I consider, a drive-train compromise.

(and Ford shills, telling me that the current competition is worse is not going to persuade me of anything other than that "Ours is less shitty*" is a terrible slogan)

*tongue in cheek, the Bronco seems to be a solid vehicle and reasonably priced, just doesn't check off enough of my major boxes at the current time.

Edit below;
I don't need the capability of the vehicle, it would be overkill for the few hundred miles of off pavement stuff I do a year and the couple times a year I would dip my toe into mild off roading. So it is a want and not a need, without the 'want' part, there are a lot of different choices out there for my $50K.

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think y'all need to drive a 2.3 manual Bronco before you flush it down the drain. I have posted this elsewhere, but my SAAB 9-5 Aero Wagon, which weighed over 4K pounds had a 2.3L 4-banger. At the time, the Saab 9-5 Aero was faster than the 911 Turbo from 40-70mph.

I do not think you will be disappointed in the 2.3.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Consider me singned

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Dear Ford,

You let us down By not offering the 2.7 Ecoboost with a Manual transmission option. We have waited years for this Bronco, only to find out we will only get the 2.3 Ecoboost. We are die hard enthusiasts who row our own gears and are the people your entire reveal video is based on with all the off-road footage and outdoor focused model line ups. You are missing the mark and many potential customers by not offering the 2.7 Ecoboost with Manual transmission. There is still time to fix this major fail. Thanks - Drewbronc21
Why do I feel like this group is only about 1,500 people who would actually pony up the cash.

0 of those people have tried a Bronco with the 2.3 + manual combination.

Sponsored
OP
OP

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think y'all need to drive a 2.3 manual Bronco before you flush it down the drain. I have posted this elsewhere, but my SAAB 9-5 Aero Wagon, which weighed over 4K pounds had a 2.3L 4-banger. At the time, the Saab 9-5 Aero was faster than the 911 Turbo from 40-70mph.

Turbo 4cyls are definitely capable. You had a Saabaru:) My current FBO Subaru STi makes 350whp and 400wtq on E85 and it was pretty quick stock, but the bigger engine will always be better and have more potential and that’s where the disappointment is. The 2.7 in the F150 is total beast with a tune and we should get it with a manual in the Bronco. Too bad

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Turbo 4cyls are definitely capable. You had a Saabaru:) My current FBO Subaru STi makes 350whp and 400wtq on E85 and it was pretty quick stock, but the bigger engine will always be better and have more potential and that’s where the disappointment is. The 2.7 in the F150 is total beast with a tune and we should get it with a manual in the Bronco. Too bad
It was not a saabaru. That was the 9-2X.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Consider me signed as well.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I posted this in another thread as well......

I've "settled" for less that what I want a lot in my life all for the greater good. Yes the 2.3L is a good and capable engine, but I'd be "setting" if I went with it. I'm not as young as I once was and the next vehicle I purchased will most likely be the last IC Engine. I also have Very Sentimental & Nostalgic reasons for getting a Manual Transmission as well. And why in the world is the towing only 3500 Lbs??????

With that said, I will not settle, nor pay $30-$70 for a vehicle that doesn't have the things that are important to me.

My money, my choice. Your money, your choice.

Getting down off of my soapbox now....

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Signed - and while they’re at it, need a max tow mode in the suspension to bring the 4 door capacity up.

Sponsored

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I've "settled" for less that what I want a lot in my life all for the greater good. Yes the 2.3L is a good and capable engine, but I'd be "setting" if I went with it. I'm not as young as I once was and the next vehicle I purchased will most likely be the last IC Engine. I also have Very Sentimental & Nostalgic reasons for getting a Manual Transmission as well. And why in the world is the towing only 3500 Lbs??????

With that said, I will not settle, nor pay $30-$70 for a vehicle that doesn't have the things that are important to me.

No problem. I was just saying don't throw the baby out with the bath water. My recommendation is to drive the 2.3 Manual vs the 2.7 Auto and see if there is enough difference. We have another year until they hit dealers anyway.

OP
OP

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Yup. I’m not spending 50k on something that’s not what I want and that I can’t reasonably make what I want.

mad of right now, I’m out for the 2dr. Will get a 4dr to replace the 4Runner. But no 2dr toy for me.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Enthusiast are a very small% of the population. I am sure Ford will honor your request if you agree to pay 100k for a 2.7 with a manual.

Check back in 2 years and I bet the % of buyers opting for the manual will be well under 10%

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Enthusiast are a very small% of the population. I am sure Ford will honor your request if you agree to pay 100k for a 2.7 with a manual.

Check back in 2 years and I bet the % of buyers opting for the manual will be well under 10%
And much of that is because you can only get it with the pissant engine and have to sacrifice the dig feature. And we our a lot of work into our old broncs to get dig, so that is big.
Sponsored