Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Signed.

If the Badlands' high tech disco can be had with the manual, then the Squatch doesn't add much and should easily be made available.

The Getrag 7 speed, however, has a design limit of 550NM of torque or 406ft-lbs in freedom units. The 2.7 doesn't leave enough safety room for the warranty bean counters even if they made a, presumably different, bellhousing to mate the two.

BigLig

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there a petition for a 5.0 Bronco??

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the main reason why the Sasquatch package and the V6 are not getting the manual is because of durability.

Look at all the mustang owners complaining that they keep breaking the linkages on their Mustang because they’re slamming the gears.

I think Ford just doesn’t wanna have to deal with it anymore. So if you want more power and 35s. You’re gonna have to deal with an automatic. Because Ford can’t trust its owners to abuse the manual.

Sure Ford could make it a more industrial manual. But that would make it a bear to drive on the city streets. Heavy clutch. Hard linkages. Thick oil. Sure it would be fine when you’re flying off road. Or if you don’t have to change gears because you’re crawling. But driving in city traffic would be a nightmare

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Repeating the same song. I’ve never had an auto tranny car. Waited on buying a rubicon to see what was happening with the bronco. Basically to find out if it had big tires(And better suspension), removable doors and a manual. Now I find I can’t have that combination? C’mon Ford!

Do it! My wallet is waiting...

Sponsored

RMG72

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Last edited:

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A worthy cause for sure. V6 manual all the way!

OP
OP

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Need more signatures on this one!

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... We have waited years for this Bronco, only to find out we will only get the 2.3 Ecoboost. We are die hard enthusiasts who row our own gears and are the people your entire reveal video is based on with all the off-road footage and outdoor focused model line ups. You are missing the mark ...
Would people who really want a manual be satisfied with a V8 that put out slightly less torque than the tuned up 2.7, but nearly 100 more hp?

The 5.0 would also seem to be a good pairing with the manual (both items are favored for their aesthetic and tactile qualities) and it wouldn't require Ford to lower numbers on their "main" offering.

Sponsored

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why do I feel like this group is only about 1,500 people who would actually pony up the cash.

0 of those people have tried a Bronco with the 2.3 + manual combination.
I have a Focus with a 2.0L and 5 MT. I don't want a 4 cylinder in a large 4x4 for off-roading. Period.

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm curious, would the Coyote/10spd bridge the gap enough for the folks wanting a manual?

I feel like that is more likely than the 2.7L/7SPD, since FCA just stuffed a 392 into a JT/JL.
The Coyote is not the right engine for the Bronco. It makes lots of HP at high RPM, but not much torque down low.

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
every manufacturer gets roasted for not having a manual but in reality a very small % of buyers opt for this option.

If you ran a company would you make a product that you know you can't sell?

Ford and every other manufacturer wants to be able to sell their products.

I know this upsets the enthusiast but if Ford provided a manual for 2.7L with an up charge of 10K would you pay for it?
I just did a quick search on eBay of 2015-2019 mustangs (Ford's other enthusiast vehicle). 116 Autos and 109 manuals. That seems like much more than "a very small percentage "!

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
the 109 manual drivers are trying to sell their manuals to get into an auto.

If the manual is what they want then why are they selling it?

I just did a quick search on eBay of 2015-2019 mustangs (Ford's other enthusiast vehicle). 116 Autos and 109 manuals. That seems like much more than "a very small percentage "!
Sponsored