First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
the 109 manual drivers are trying to sell their manuals to get into an auto.

If the manual is what they want then why are they selling it?
Does that mean 114 auto drivers want to get into a manual? Of course not. I put up those numbers to illustrate that that the take rate for manuals is much higher in enthusiast vehicles. Sure, not many point A to point B appliance drivers are interested in a stick. But I'd also bet a lot of those selling the manuals also want one in their next vehicle.
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Tell Ford all of this. Hell tell Porsche and BMW while you are at it. Manufacturers are not going to make a product that most people do not want.

https://www.thezebra.com/insurance-news/2805/manual-vs-automatic/

Does that mean 114 auto drivers want to get into a manual? Of course not. I put up those numbers to illustrate that that the take rate for manuals is much higher in enthusiast vehicles. Sure, not many point A to point B appliance drivers are interested in a stick. But I'd also bet a lot of those selling the manuals also want one in their next vehicle.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Tell Ford all of this. Hell tell Porsche and BMW while you are at it. Manufacturers are not going to make a product that most people do not want.
They do it all the time. ?

Ford Bronco Sign Petition for MANUAL transmission with V6 2.7 Ecoboost 1595733449460

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

https://www.thezebra.com/insurance-news/2805/manual-vs-automatic/
The rest of the car world, even performance models, are going to auto only as well. I’m surprised that the next M3 is going to have an manual transmission but I think it’ll be the last gen for it as well. Only 15% of the F80 M3’s purchased had a manual transmission. I opted for one. For this Bronco, I’ll be going with the 2.7L with the Sasquatch so manual is out of the question and I planned on the auto anyways.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?p=23945730

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The rest of the car world, even performance models, are going to DCT's only as well. I’m surprised that the next M3 is going to have an manual transmission but I think it’ll be the last gen for it as well. Only 15% of the F80 M3’s purchased had a manual transmission. I opted for one. For this Bronco, I’ll be going with the 2.7L with the Sasquatch so manual is out of the question and I planned on the auto anyways.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?p=23945730
Fixed that for you...

Digital Controlled Transmissions are Manual Transmissions which a computer controls the Disengagement/Engagement of the clutch. BMW's M Series have had these for a few years now.

Sponsored
OP
OP

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is still a major issue for me. I WANT the manual but I want the added power and potential of the 2.7. I fully intend to modify either one. I already have a manual ( STi) that I’m keeping and a daily comfortable auto. I know the aftermarket will bring built 2.3 blocks, bigger turbos etc and if you want to pay, you will make big power even on the 2.3, but that extra .4 liters in the 2.7 will likely make even more.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fixed that for you...

Digital Controlled Transmissions Dual Clutch Transmissions are Manual Transmissions which a computer controls the Disengagement/Engagement of the clutch. BMW's M Series have had these for a few years now.
Fixed that for you...
The point is you miss out on the clutch pedal and stick when you have a DCT. It's not the same experience. If Ford added a DCT option to pair with the V6 , I doubt the forum would agree that their manual desires have been satisfied.

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, and look at Ford's record with DCT's... I doubt that they'll be bring one back anytime soon, after the Focus debacle.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fixed that for you...
The point is you miss out on the clutch pedal and stick when you have a DCT. It's not the same experience. If Ford added a DCT option to pair with the V6 , I doubt the forum would agree that their manual desires have been satisfied.
My comment was directed toward the Performance Car/BMW's M3's of the post that I was correcting....

You haven't been around here long enough to have seen all of my post FOR a MT with the 2.7L, I guess......

Lastly...... for me..... A DCT.... IS NOT an acceptable replacement for the 3rd Peddle...

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fixed that for you...

Digital Controlled Transmissions are Manual Transmissions which a computer controls the Disengagement/Engagement of the clutch. BMW's M Series have had these for a few years now.
Fixed that for you..
is that you don’t have the third pedal and the paddles on the steering wheel aren’t the same as a stick shift.
My comment was directed toward the Performance Car/BMW's M3's of the post that I was correcting....

You haven't been around here long enough to have seen all of my post FOR a MT with the 2.7L, I guess......

Lastly...... for me..... A DCT.... IS NOT an acceptable replacement for the 3rd Peddle...
I get that you want a traditional manual with the V6. That’s the whole point of the thread. I was just pointing out that those days are nearing their end by providing some context from the performance car world where I spend most of my time.

And next time when correcting someone, get the terminology right! :p

Sponsored

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Fixed that for you...

If you don't manually shift the gear stick AND manually engage/disengage the clutch, it's not a manual(so basically an auto;)). Computer controlled is same thing as saying auto. Now whether you call it "semi-manual" or "semi-auto" when you have full control of one but not the other(like still have to change gears but no clutch pedal) is like a glass half full or half empty scenario. But it's still not a manual without both being manually controlled, need me a full glass.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
.... I don't want a 4 cylinder in a large 4x4 for off-roading. Period.
The number of cylinders isn't the problem for sustainability, it's the displacement. I'm sure a 4L thumper would put out plenty of torque at the right rate -- one half that size, don't bother. But it would shake more too and the Karen's don't like that.

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think y'all need to drive a 2.3 manual Bronco before you flush it down the drain. I have posted this elsewhere, but my SAAB 9-5 Aero Wagon, which weighed over 4K pounds had a 2.3L 4-banger. At the time, the Saab 9-5 Aero was faster than the 911 Turbo from 40-70mph.

I do not think you will be disappointed in the 2.3.
I am okay with people wanting a seven-speed with the larger engine, but I agree and my experience is the same, I have had cars that outperform cars with more cylinders. It is also a lot to do with how you manage the vehicle and the engine. I think everyone needs to remember that most vehicles don't even have the "stick" option anymore.

This fixation on V8's and "More CYL" is nostalgic but does not necessarily mean better performance offroad. I am running a 6CYL Ecoboost on my FX4 and other than that distinct V8 rumble, I have had no performance issues over the V8 I had in my prior FX4. So, if it is about drag racing or engine bragging rights, get a Mustang or a Raptor. People need to go drive the Ford Ranger with the turbo 4 and see if they like it with the understanding that the stick will give you even more control then the automatic in the Ranger.

Ultimately, you can add the Ford Performance (and Ford Warranty Covered and Street Legal if Dealer installed) performance tune for about $900 (probably cheaper than the engine upgrade to the 6-Cyl) that will give you 320HP and 355 ft-lbs based on what it does with the Ranger. Maybe more depending on how the performance center tunes the engine. Compare that to the Bronco 6 cyl at 310HP and 400 ft-lbs.

If you want to go off on your own, a lot of companies are offering performance tuners for the 4-Cyl that will give you about 365HP and 395 ft-lbs (Running 93 Octane). Add a performance CAT-Back exhaust and you will not only get more aggressive in the sound but push your Bronco to about 373 HP and 403 ft-lbs. All that sitting on that clutch, so plan for more maintenance or a clutch upgrade as well...

Patience, Grasshoppers, patience! :)

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-REB
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a32170394/ford-performance-ranger-tune/

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My only issue with the 2.3L is the lack of Port Injection. The 2.7L has Direct & Port Injection.

I truly want the 2.7L w/MT. If the 2.3L had Direct AND Port Injection that might be worth settling for, but I don't want to settle.

OP
OP

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My only issue with the 2.3L is the lack of Port Injection. The 2.7L has Direct & Port Injection.

I truly want the 2.7L w/MT. If the 2.3L had Direct AND Port Injection that might be worth settling for, but I don't want to settle.
great now I’m researching carbon build up lol
Sponsored