Sponsored

Sign Petition for MANUAL transmission with V6 2.7 Ecoboost

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For every 1 buyer like your there are 10 who cannot and will not drive manual. Most buyers are not enthusiasts, because enthusiasts don't pay the bills. The laypersons dollars matter more than yours, so it is a simple math problem. The automatic was an inclusionary decision.
You have a way too narrow view of what enthusiast cars bring to the table. Yes, most probably lose money, but they bring the wow and many times make the enthusiast car/truck buyer a decent amount more brand loyal. They also get your neighbor to consider brand X, after they see the wild thing you have in your driveway.

Maybe my description is a bit over the top for just a 2.7/manual, but bump the HP 20-30 (keep torque the same with nannies if you have to), put some killer wheels on it, a couple decals, some exclusive other option (like real time adjustable height suspension, if not already avail, have not been keeping track really) and charge $8-10K more for it. Will sell out in hours.
Sponsored

Thundar

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RangeRover, Jk Rubi, Renegade, F-250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Signed. This may be the sole reason I may give up my reservation. I sold my 2020 Rubicon to buy a bronco. I only want to buy a manual and a 2.3 is not going to be enough power for me personally. I may go buy a JK when a stick was a stick... Not the Honda civic shifter in the new JL.. I love ford and I understand us manual types are a small percentage of the buyers. Then again I said I would sell my raptor once it hit 100k miles and buy a new one... Until they stopped offering the v8. Jeep finally Put the v8 back in but no stick! I can’t win.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Signed. This may be the sole reason I may give up my reservation. I sold my 2020 Rubicon to buy a bronco. I only want to buy a manual and a 2.3 is not going to be enough power for me personally. I may go buy a JK when a stick was a stick... Not the Honda civic shifter in the new JL.. I love ford and I understand us manual types are a small percentage of the buyers. Then again I said I would sell my raptor once it hit 100k miles and buy a new one... Until they stopped offering the v8. Jeep finally Put the v8 back in but no stick! I can’t win.
At least with the stock V-8, you don't have to worry about emission certs, just have to figure out how to get a manual into it (A lot easier than going manual to auto).

OP
OP

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Over 12k signatures! Isn’t that enough for a special edition Bronco 2.7 MT? :)

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My plan was to upgrade to the Warthog when that became available.... Maybe we need too start that MT campaign early/now. 🤔😢
Sponsored