Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agree with a previous poster that Ford seem to think those of us that want manuals are cheap. Maybe this was true 20 years ago when people could squeeze more mpg out of a stick car and automatics cost significantly more to make, but its the complete opposite now. For the most part, the only people that want MT cars are willing to pay more for the privilege. I'd pay for the 7MT as an upgrade to the 10spd if I could get it with the 2.7 and sas. Probably not happening though.
Sponsored

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
to continue the point, most ppl who want a manual (not all) are those of more mature vintage ;) and have the wallets to get the full tilt experience.

offer a v6 manual all optioned out with the Sasquatch package and you have a buyer here. Plus many more I’m sure.
Levine! I’m talking to you!!

Agree with a previous poster that Ford seem to think those of us that want manuals are cheap. Maybe this was true 20 years ago when people could squeeze more mpg out of a stick car and automatics cost significantly more to make, but its the complete opposite now. For the most part, the only people that want MT cars are willing to pay more for the privilege. I'd pay for the 7MT as an upgrade to the 10spd if I could get it with the 2.7 and sas. Probably not happening though.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dear Ford,

You let us down By not offering the 2.7 Ecoboost with a Manual transmission option. We have waited years for this Bronco, only to find out we will only get the 2.3 Ecoboost. We are die hard enthusiasts who row our own gears and are the people your entire reveal video is based on with all the off-road footage and outdoor focused model line ups. You are missing the mark and many potential customers by not offering the 2.7 Ecoboost with Manual transmission. There is still time to fix this major fail. Thanks - Drewbronc21. Pasted other members Petitions below

https://www.change.org/p/ford-offer-the-2021-ford-bronco-with-a-manual-transmission-for-all-packages?utm_content=cl_sharecopy_23494920_en-US:0&recruiter=1131797397&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=psf_combo_share_abi
Manuals are not as strong in this class of truck, plus the electronics can not protect them when they are getting into snap territory. Ford is struck with the warranty repairs and the bad rep on a new vehicle. No means no for the first year I think.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Signed - and while they’re at it, need a max tow mode in the suspension to bring the 4 door capacity up.
Max Tow will be longer wheel base pick up. You can always put air shocks on and find out for yourself why they restrict the trailer weight, actually a long 4500 lb boat might be OK with the 4 door, as long as you don't get in an accident.

gonavy2205

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Expedition, 07 Harley Heritage, 07 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

gonavy2205

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Expedition, 07 Harley Heritage, 07 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Car and Driver has posted an article chiding Ford for not offering the 7MT with the 2.7 V6 or the Sasquatch Package. They also mention the petition that started here. Here is a link to it: C&D Chides Ford

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Car and Driver has posted an article chiding Ford for not offering the 7MT with the 2.7 V6 or the Sasquatch Package. They also mention the petition that started here. Here is a link to it: C&D Chides Ford
that's awesome. i was notified by change.org in a status update yesterday on the petition.

come on ford, 7MT/SAS and 2.7L would be a great first year combo.
(although my reservation number will probably mean a late 2022 delivery)

Calvin

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GTPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First post. Been stalking, mostly for the unlikely chance of good news about a 2.7 manual. I'm an aerospace engineer with a heavy automotive enthusiast background and fully understand the headaches a supposedly simple change or modification can be. That does not stop me from dreaming however and at this point one of my concerns is if I should hold out and see if Ford answers our prayers for a manual 2.7 or settle for a 2.3 and have Ford possibly drop the 2.7 manual in later model years (which I would honestly and selfishly hate if they do.)

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can you imagine a 2.7/SAS/MT Base model Bronco with washout floors. Sell it for 40K and have everyone do a shootout between that and the biggest baddest Rubicon and LandRover, ZR2, and Taco you can buy. It would stomp them all! Like a Bigfoot 5 level stomping. Super crawl ratio, class leading power, 35s, F/R lockers. It'd have to have a banana in the tailpipe to lose.
Ob57YmLRKPgHaFS?w=278&h=199&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
over 10,000 signatures on the petition! Thanks C&D!

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Pulled the signature trigger.

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dear Ford,

You let us down By not offering the 2.7 Ecoboost with a Manual transmission option. We have waited years for this Bronco, only to find out we will only get the 2.3 Ecoboost. We are die hard enthusiasts who row our own gears and are the people your entire reveal video is based on with all the off-road footage and outdoor focused model line ups. You are missing the mark and many potential customers by not offering the 2.7 Ecoboost with Manual transmission. There is still time to fix this major fail. Thanks - Drewbronc21. Pasted other members Petitions below

https://www.change.org/p/ford-offer-the-2021-ford-bronco-with-a-manual-transmission-for-all-packages?utm_content=cl_sharecopy_23494920_en-US:0&recruiter=1131797397&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=psf_combo_share_abi
This petition is loosing steam. We need to get the momentum back. Let's get this thing to 15k!! Want my cake and eat it too;)
Sponsored