ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sadly, it is very likely that a different transmission on the 2.7 would require new smog certification, maybe new crash testing, a whole slew of extra costs that they would have to offset with added income from extra sales of a 6/M combo over the 2.3.

If their market research told them they won't, all the complaining in the World won't change their mind. It would not be a quick fix either, couple model years maybe.

I want the 2.7 (mostly for the dual injection and torque on road), all the gearing advantages of the crawl only come into play off road.

I also want a manual because it is entertaining to me. (read; less mind numbingly boring than almost every appliance vehicle out there that is an automatic only).

So something has to give if I want a Bronco and I am not persuaded at the current time to pop for, what I consider, a drive-train compromise.

(and Ford shills, telling me that the current competition is worse is not going to persuade me of anything other than that "Ours is less shitty*" is a terrible slogan)

*tongue in cheek, the Bronco seems to be a solid vehicle and reasonably priced, just doesn't check off enough of my major boxes at the current time.

Edit below;
I don't need the capability of the vehicle, it would be overkill for the few hundred miles of off pavement stuff I do a year and the couple times a year I would dip my toe into mild off roading. So it is a want and not a need, without the 'want' part, there are a lot of different choices out there for my $50K.
I also think it will require another transmission. I think the manual they are using is not related to hold the torque or the 2.7.

OP
OP

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also think it will require another transmission. I think the manual they are using is not related to hold the torque or the 2.7.
yes and they should have used a different transmission from the beginning to allow for either engine.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Dear Ford,

If you offer the Bronco with a manual in the 2.7L I will trade in my Wrangler and buy the Bronco, and there are more like me.

No one is offering the manual enthusiasts engine options, and they are the ones who will spend for more power

Hope your head this, I’ll check back in 2022, 2023
That's what I was saying in another thread. Some keep saying it is not cost effective. Well, then UP the price. It's still a deal to pay 5 grand more for a V-6/manual drivetrain, than trying to swap it in yourself. The drivetrain is the hardest thing to mess with, a lift, tires, brakes, even a full EXO (if that is your thing) are stupid simple, comparatively.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Cyclone Engine Wiki

Either way, point being that it’s an engine that is still in production use for other vehicles that has been paired to a manual and would satisfy the crowd that wants a manual V6.
It's been paired with the MT82, which is not a 4x4 trans.

Now IF it can be paired to the 7MT is another story...
It can't. Not without a new bellhousing/front plate assembly.

AreaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's what I was saying in another thread. Some keep saying it is not cost effective. Well, then UP the price. It's still a deal to pay 5 grand more for a V-6/manual drivetrain, than trying to swap it in yourself. The drivetrain is the hardest thing to mess with, a lift, tires, brakes, even a full EXO (if that is your thing) are stupid simple, comparatively.
This, Ford sees how crazy popular Wrangler has been. They're jumping in to compete why not pony up the R&D and play to win. I'm sure they can source an adequate manual transmission if they are motivated. I'm rooting for them to give jeep serious competition and improve both brands and will jump to Ford if they do well

Sponsored

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Seems Ford made a one trick pony with the commissioning of the 7MT then.I bet we won’t see it survive the first few model years then as the 2.3L becomes out dated.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

The info I found was 600 Nm at a minimum, or 442 ft-lbs torque. Maybe that was old info.

Yes, but as mentioned, same people built the 3.7, that clutch fits right up to a 3.5 ECO, and most of these trans's are an output shaft and tailhousing away from being used for 4WD. Yes, the current trans would need a new case, but it if it really handles the torque above, that is all it would really need new.

They could then put it up as a FMS part for any who really wanted a 4WD man trans in any of the new eco trucks (besides the 2.3 obviously). This is why GM kills Ford in the aftermarket.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Seems Ford made a one trick pony with the commissioning of the 7MT then.
That's why I was 100% sure the Bronco wouldn't even have a manual at all. When it was revealed that it would, I got all sorts of greedy and pie-in-the-sky hopeful that we could get manual V6.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs