First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Curious... What about just replacing the bulbs in the rear to LED? Since the front lights on ALL models are LED, then there shouldn't be any hyper-flash in the rear after bulbs are switched. Switching them to LED bulbs would at least give you a brighter and cleaner light look.
Sponsored

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What's the process for swapping them out? How much disassembly do you have to do to get the headlights out?

OP
OP
jag18888

jag18888

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What's the process for swapping them out? How much disassembly do you have to do to get the headlights out?
I used this video.

It took about an hour all in with simple hand tools, not including the 30 minutes to run to the hardware store to get a Torx Plus 40 to remove the Brush Bar.

King_Bronco0327

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi all - there has been a lot of discussion about cross-compatibility, especially on the BD since the signature lights are not a factory option. I can confirm the Signature headlights can be swapped with the Standard headlights on the Black Diamond. The pin configuration is slightly different but they plug and play in the BD with full functionality and no fault codes.

IMG_0528.jpeg
YES. Basesquatch here I come.
how did you get them? Did you purchase directly from the dealer. And if so how much did it cost?

Gary

Black Diamond
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi all - there has been a lot of discussion about cross-compatibility, especially on the BD since the signature lights are not a factory option. I can confirm the Signature headlights can be swapped with the Standard headlights on the Black Diamond. The pin configuration is slightly different but they plug and play in the BD with full functionality and no fault codes.

IMG_0528.jpeg
Thanks for posting

Sponsored

Rcantu65

Black Diamond
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

IMG_0528.jpeg
Did you have to re pin it?

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Silverado, 18 EcoSport 4x4, 09 Aveo, 1995 P38
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Curious... What about just replacing the bulbs in the rear to LED? Since the front lights on ALL models are LED, then there shouldn't be any hyper-flash in the rear after bulbs are switched. Switching them to LED bulbs would at least give you a brighter and cleaner light look.
I would suspect it will hyperflash with LED bulbs since the wiring between the two is different...however, I am going to have one of the guys at work check and see if hyperflash can be disabled like on the Super Duty.

WeirdGuy

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would suspect it will hyperflash with LED bulbs since the wiring between the two is different...however, I am going to have one of the guys at work check and see if hyperflash can be disabled like on the Super Duty.

Thank you. Will definitely be interested in reading what you find out.

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m doing this very thing. There’s one company that makes an LED bulb that is compatible. The bulb type is WT21 and is white on the stock unit. They actually sent me the WTY21 by mistake which only has two pins instead of four and would work for the backup lights if it were white (I ordered red before I knew the stock bulb was white.) I will likely replace the stock backup bulb as well at some point if I decide not to go with a pod or flush mount backup light because they don’t seem bright enough to me. The bulbs were shipped directly from the company and they are out of stock for another two weeks on the WT21.
I’m not sure why Ford is going with this proprietary bulb. Maybe someone can chime in and explain. I believe it was also used on some more recent F150s. It looks very much like a 3157 but supposedly is different in some way, possibly in dimensions.

Alla Lighting WT21W LED Bulbs,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0973LTWQ4?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

You can also order them directly from the manufacturer.

Sponsored

WeirdGuy

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m doing this very thing. There’s one company that makes an LED bulb that is compatible. The bulb type is WT21 and is white on the stock unit. They actually sent me the WTY21 by mistake which only has two pins instead of four and would work for the backup lights if it were white (I ordered red before I knew the stock bulb was white.) I will likely replace the stock backup bulb as well at some point if I decide not to go with a pod or flush mount backup light because they don’t seem bright enough to me. The bulbs were shipped directly from the company and they are out of stock for another two weeks on the WT21.
I’m not sure why Ford is going with this proprietary bulb. Maybe someone can chime in and explain. I believe it was also used on some more recent F150s. It looks very much like a 3157 but supposedly is different in some way, possibly in dimensions.

Alla Lighting WT21W LED Bulbs,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0973LTWQ4?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Thanks! I will definitely be ordering these when my Bronco is finally delivered.

Djd7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tried. Results in hyperflash for the blinkers. Let me know if you know of a fix besides resistors

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Tried. Results in hyperflash for the blinkers. Let me know if you know of a fix besides resistors
Bummer. I’ll see if I can figure something out. Thanks for the warning though.

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Bummer. I’ll see if I can figure something out. Thanks for the warning though.

Anyone know where the turn signal relay is located? I’m wondering if modifying the relay as outlined on this linked page would work in preventing hyperflash without needing the resistors.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1479725-led-turn-signals-and-hyperflash-fix.html

My other thought is has anyone ever wired the stock incandescent bulb in parallel with the turn signal wiring just like a load resistor? This would run MUCH cooler than a load resistor and could be hidden in the area behind the turn/brake light housing.
Sponsored

Last edited: