Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I lol at the 20000 hr rated life span of the LED ...... yeah, until the driver goes out at 250/1000/3000 hours and now your out the $$$.

I've always found that out of a large batch of LED or HID (flourescent, metal halide, HPS, etc) there are always a few that burn out really quickly, bad lamp, bad ballast, bad starter, bad driver, whatever ....after that, once you get the weak links sorted, you can go YEARS and YEARS without service.

I'd expect the same from factory LED/HID "anything" lights , get the weak links sorted out under warranty "hopefully" and then forget about them for a good long while.

My largest concern with the Bronco headlights will be the quality of beam pattern and effective brightness.

Example: 2010 Legacy vs 2015 Outback .... both have projector style lows, halogen. Housings are of "very similar designs".
The 2010 has some of the best lows I have ever driven with.
The 2015 has possibly the worst. I tweaked the aim , nothing.... finally got some brighter lamps (H9??) and brought them up to par.
The cutoff on the pattern is very crisp on both cars, but for whatever reason the Legacy just kicks ass with the same factory lamp as the OB is supposed to use.

LED/HID/Halogen makes no difference to me .... well actually, I prefer the color temp of halogens, but regardless, the beam pattern is FAR more important.

I'm hoping that on a 2021 Vehicle, they have the headlight design down finally.
Sponsored

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
has anyone seen a real photo of the non-signature headlights? eg: on the base model?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

has anyone seen a real photo of the non-signature headlights? eg: on the base model?
Tons of them by now.

That is a chrome ring, not an led ring. The clue is whether or not the turn signal extends into the circle or not.

Ford Bronco Signature vs standard lights ? 1610664688968

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah i think that base (second link) actually has the signature headlights (not actually offered on that trim) - and aren't those badland ones also the signature? I thought the "ring" was the signature lights?
That Base has the non-sig lights. The look nearly the same. With the signature the horizontal bar extends through the circular light. It doesn't on the non-sig.

Non-sig are the better lights anway. ;)

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tons of them by now.

That is a chrome ring, not an led ring. The clue is whether or not the turn signal extends into the circle or not.

Ford Bronco Signature vs standard lights ? 1610664688968
Dude you are making my DAY. Frack i was going crazy trying to find the damn base lights. I thought all of these were signature. The chrome ring is really pulling it off! Man thank you very much for explaining the difference for me.

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
That Base has the non-sig lights. The look nearly the same. With the signature the horizontal bar extends through the circular light. It doesn't on the non-sig.

Non-sig are the better lights anway. ;)
Wow thank you I totally missed that! I'm base all the way but I was actually like "why the heck haven't I seen the standard lights anywhere" when in fact I was looking right at them the whole time!

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow thank you I totally missed that! I'm base all the way but I was actually like "why the heck haven't I seen the standard lights anywhere" when in fact I was looking right at them the whole time!
Yep. Like I said...they look good. The non-sigs have the classic look. I'm not even sure why Ford bothered with two types.

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep. Like I said...they look good. The non-sigs have the classic look. I'm not even sure why Ford bothered with two types.
yep agreed. i'm still a bit butt hurt about the whole missing white top thing (i really wanted a retro bronco) but i'll survive without it. $30k for a manual 2-door bronco makes me a very happy man.

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As an old codger, the only thing I could care less about than the headlights is the gas tank cover. As long as I flip a switch and I can see at night . . . . I'm good.
Sponsored