Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree about the annoying horn. There is one thing that makes me scratch my head, my driver's side visor hits the rear view mirror, every time. Anyone else?
Sponsored

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Complaints...I wish it would downshift out of tenth instead of hitting 8+ psi on long hills.
What’s the water temp look like when that’s going on? That’s the Ecoboost’s Achilles heel. High boost, low rpm and HEAT

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Exactly why I ordered the keypad. Learned from F350 honking at my neighbors at 6am. With key pad I can start leave key in if needed and lock and access via keypad.
This is a different issue. Not the honk when locking.

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Glad I got the manual. No issue with “P” and such not being illuminated, and no Achilles heel.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The list of my dislikes about my new Bronco is very short. They are:

2. The loud-as-hell double horn chirp when I leave the engine running and get out and close the door. The only way it doesn't chirp if you leave the engine running and get out is if you leave the door open.

Not only is the double chirp piercing to my own ears, it makes anyone within a half mile think you are honking at them, so they turn and look.
UGH, I warm mine up for just a few before I leave at 6AM .... I'm sure my neighbors loved me those first few days.
At fist I left the door open a bit, but I leave the key fob in it for those few minutes now. Crime is not an issue in my area.

Back to my neighbors ... the dog gets worked up about his morning romp and he nosed my pocket and set off the panic alarm at about 5:30AM .... It was dark in the house and I could not see the red disable button in the low light.
Horn WOULD NOT shut off any otherway ... it went off for about two minutes I'll bet! 🤬
:ROFLMAO:😂😅😆

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Complaints...I wish it would downshift out of tenth instead of hitting 8+ psi on long hills.
Does the Bronco let you lock out the higher gears by tapping the minus button? I'm not in love with the 6R140 in my F250 but one thing I do like is being able to tap the minus to lock out 6th gear (then 5th, etc.) if it's lugging the engine. This works in D without having to shift to M.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The "Dreaded Double Honk" is one of the top two reasons people download and learn to use FORSCAN. The other is turning off the stupid Auto S/S.

I guarantee it's the first thing I will do on mine, and disable auto-locks if that's a thing on the stick.

I do know the one thing that WILL drive me nuts is the tiny little gas tank.

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The honk when leaving the vehicle with keys is annoying. Like, punch a software engineer from Deerborne in the face annoying! I asked my dealership to deactivate, and was told it wasn’t possible. WTF, I don’t know how this is a “safety” feature. Yes, it is agitating.
Because people have died from leaving their vehicles running in the garage. Give it two loud honks a pretty good reminder that you’re still running. Vehicles should come with CO detectors and automatically shut off if they detect over a certain PPM. People would probably complain about that too though.

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Because people have died from leaving their vehicles running in the garage. Give it two loud honks a pretty good reminder that you’re still running. Vehicles should come with CO detectors and automatically shut off if they detect over a certain PPM. People would probably complain about that too though.
I like my odds of not dying in my garage from the car running. I will need to figure forscan purchase, as this feature sucks!

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Tacoma, '12 Pilot, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree about the annoying horn. There is one thing that makes me scratch my head, my driver's side visor hits the rear view mirror, every time. Anyone else?
Mine doesn't, unless it is extended out on that rod. Mine is a BD, mid, with the autodimming mirror. Are some of the visors or mirrors different sizes?

Sponsored

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Tacoma, '12 Pilot, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, the passive entry. I only want it to unlock the door I am at. I stand by the driver door, only unlocks the driver door when touching the inside of the handle. Standing by the cargo door, only the cargo door unlocks. Cool. Stand by the passenger side and grab the handle, it unlocks all the doors. Is this on purpose? No likey.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does the Bronco let you lock out the higher gears by tapping the minus button? I'm not in love with the 6R140 in my F250 but one thing I do like is being able to tap the minus to lock out 6th gear (then 5th, etc.) if it's lugging the engine. This works in D without having to shift to M.
Probably in fake manual mode. In drive if I hit minus it downshifts...but then five seconds later it just goes right back. No idea why they have that functionality...it listens to you but only for a few seconds wtf
Sponsored