JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The lack of any usable storage in the driver compartment is an inconvenience. I wish there was open storage in the doors like most vehicles, but I guess the removable doors negate that opportunity. Visor hitting the mirror is a head scratcher.
Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just want the OP to be clear that Forscan does not require him to "download some third-party software to install in the computer system of my new Bronco. ".

Unless I'm way out to lunch, Forscan interfaces with the software Ford installed on your vehicle from the factory over the OBDII interface, it requires installation of an app to either a PC or phone, but nothing to your vehicle.

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine doesn't, unless it is extended out on that rod. Mine is a BD, mid, with the autodimming mirror. Are some of the visors or mirrors different sizes?
Interesting, I imagine there may be some difference in size. I have the High package with the auto-dimming mirror as well. I know that at least one other person on YouTube mentioned this in a video. With all of the sensors in the upper portion of the windshield it all seems very crowded and the mirror is low for my taste. First world problem though; Love my OBX Bronco!

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just want the OP to be clear that Forscan does not require him to "download some third-party software to install in the computer system of my new Bronco. ".

Unless I'm way out to lunch, Forscan interfaces with the software Ford installed on your vehicle from the factory over the OBDII interface, it requires installation of an app to either a PC or phone, but nothing to your vehicle.
You are correct.

Sponsored

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will find out in a few days, thankfully, but do the plastic bottles move around a lot in the mesh ? I imagine them sliding and or crushing in the mesh door pockets. I do hope someone comes out with a real cupholder for the doors, maybe one that snaps on and off so it can be removed or those wanted the no door look.
I'd pour the boxed water into the Yeti Bronco cup they gave us.

PavementQueen

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In your Rodeo picture with the water on the dash - I notice you have boxed water in the mesh door net. Did they give you that box of water? Is it because boxed water will not slip diagonally or crush like plastic would in the netting, vs a regular water bottle, due to the shape of the container?
They gave us Bronco Offroadeo branded yeti cups($60 cups) for myself and my wife in Nevada. They said they usually gave slightly smaller ones but they were out. They also had UV filtered water at base camp to fill them and many yeti coolers filled with water to refill throughout the park.

The honk when leaving the vehicle with keys is annoying. Like, punch a software engineer from Deerborne in the face annoying! I asked my dealership to deactivate, and was told it wasnā€™t possible. WTF, I donā€™t know how this is a ā€œsafetyā€ feature. Yes, it is agitating.
My wife is one of those people who will accidently leave the keys in the car running while she goes inside anywhere and not realize it until she gets back to the car and looking for her keys...so I guess there's a purpose.

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Beg to differ. It's the same issue, but good luck.
Nope. I do not wish to leave the key in the car (it honks because I did NOT leave the key in), and I donā€™t want to lock it either.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Because people have died from leaving their vehicles running in the garage. Give it two loud honks a pretty good reminder that youā€™re still running. Vehicles should come with CO detectors and automatically shut off if they detect over a certain PPM. People would probably complain about that too though.
The sound of the engine running when I get out is enough alert. But even better alert is that I canā€™t get out with it still running unless Iā€™ve put my manual transmission in neutral. When I actually park and turn it off, I put it in reverse. Finally, since I donā€™t have a garage, while I appreciate Ford looking out of me, Iā€™m good without the honks.

I agree the alert is a good safety feature for a car like my wifeā€™s Kia, which is a lot quieter engine, and it is much easier to put the auto trans in park and not realize you didnā€™t already turn the engine off. Not an issue with mine, so I want to disable it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Interesting, I imagine there may be some difference in size. I have the High package with the auto-dimming mirror as well. I know that at least one other person on YouTube mentioned this in a video. With all of the sensors in the upper portion of the windshield it all seems very crowded and the mirror is low for my taste. First world problem though; Love my OBX Bronco!
My visor doesnā€™t touch my mirror. BD standard package.

Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Stand by the passenger side and grab the handle, it unlocks all the doors. Is this on purpose?
Yes. You approach the vehicle with three of your favorite people. You place your hand on the door handle, it unlocks everyone's doors. If it only unlocked the door you touched, you'd have to open that door, then reach in and hit the unlock button to unlock everyone's door.

Key fobs get around this by sometimes using one click to unlock the driver's door, then a second click to unlock every door. On some vehicles this behavior is configurable.

When your only option is a (sometimes finicky) touch panel, it's most reliable to default to unlocking all of the doors. I guarantee you'd have FAR more complaints if the system operated as you wanted.

Probably in fake manual mode. In drive if I hit minus it downshifts...but then five seconds later it just goes right back. No idea why they have that functionality...it listens to you but only for a few seconds wtf
It temporarily downshifts, then based on how you're driving, it will decide if it should re-upshift. If you downshift and just sit steady on the throttle, it will decide you don't need that lower gear and upshift. If you downshift and get on the gas aggressively, it will maintain the lower gear. I like this feature for when I feel like the transmission isn't downshifting soon enough going up a hill, or when I know I'm going to need to accelerate soon. Downshift, get the acceleration I need, let the car return to normal with no other interaction.

If you want it to hold gears longer, go to Sport/Baja/Whatever mode. If you want to actively control what gear it's in, go to Manual mode.

Yes, it lets you set configuration parameters just like Ford would with their own proprietary software. Nothing is physically changed or modified on the vehicle, and you haven't altered the software that resides on the vehicle, just turned features on or off.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nope. I do not wish to leave the key in the car (it honks because I did NOT leave the key in), and I donā€™t want to lock it either.
Just trying to provide a solution to your problem. And this is a solution. Take it or leave it. You're welcome to leave it.

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@1975U15 The problem I stated was that the Bronco honks at me if I leave it running and get out without leaving the key inside and that I need to disable this feature so I still can keep the key in my pocket. Your solution is to leave the key inside. That is not a solution to the problem. I asked for suggestions that do not involve leaving the key inside the Bronco. Not because Iā€™m concerned about marauders getting into an unlocked car and stealing it, but because I want to keep my keys in my pocket for convenience and other uses.

And ability to lock it from the outside while running was never part of the problem. If I am getting out at a location where theft is a significant concern, I simply turn off the car, get out, and lock it. Iā€™m talking about most all other situations in my small town where I am just running inside somewhere quickly or need to unlock my home or office with my keys. Either way, I need the keys on me or do not want the hassle of removing them from my pocket and putting them somewhere loose in the car (since they donā€™t go into an ignition key hole), only to put them back in my pocket minutes laterā€”or forget they are loose in the car.

There is a difference between solutions and alternatives. The following are alternatives to keeping the key in my pocket, not solutions that enable me to (1) keep it in my pocket and (2) leave the car running with the door shut without it honking at me.

1. Leave key in car, leave running.
2. Leave key in car, leave running, and lock from outside with a keypad.
3. Turn car off, leave key or keep in pocket.
4. Leave car running and door open.

Last edited:

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because people have died from leaving their vehicles running in the garage. Give it two loud honks a pretty good reminder that youā€™re still running. Vehicles should come with CO detectors and automatically shut off if they detect over a certain PPM. People would probably complain about that too though.
There is a built in Run Timer function as well, you can set a 30 minute timer and it will shut the Bronco down if left unattended. This won't help if you leave it running in a garage or anything (CO takes minutes to built up to dangerous levels), but a nice feature if you left it running when running into a store or something.
I also hate the double honk and will be looking to remove this feature.

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Tacoma, '12 Pilot, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes. You approach the vehicle with three of your favorite people. You place your hand on the door handle, it unlocks everyone's doors. If it only unlocked the door you touched, you'd have to open that door, then reach in and hit the unlock button to unlock everyone's door.

Key fobs get around this by sometimes using one click to unlock the driver's door, then a second click to unlock every door. On some vehicles this behavior is configurable.

When your only option is a (sometimes finicky) touch panel, it's most reliable to default to unlocking all of the doors. I guarantee you'd have FAR more complaints if the system operated as you wanted.

Glad to hear is on purpose, makes sense. I usually roll alone and approach from driver side, so not a problem. And I changed the settings to one press for driver, and 2 for the rest so I am set!
Sponsored