Sponsored

Since Bronco is a truck frame, does it count towards Ford's truck sales numbers?

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think the Bronco is classified as a truck. That's like classifying the Expedition and Navigator as trucks. Even on Ford's website, the Bronco is under SUVs and Crossovers.
Expedition and Navigator are classified as trucks. There are only two counts, cars and trucks. Again, has nothing to do with the F series top selling claim. They are not F series.
Sponsored

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco sales don’t count towards the marketing claim that the F-Series is America’s best-selling vehicle for a 40th straight year and the industry’s top-selling truck for the 45th consecutive year, because it’s not an F-Series truck.
If I remember correctly, one claim is for F150, and one is for F series.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BadAss bronco dude

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
superduty.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I doubt it. Not sure how the registration works in other states, but in CA, all pickup trucks and full sized vans are registered as commercial vehicles. They have one letter and six numbers on the license plate. All other vehicles have three letters and four numbers on the license plate. All SUVs are in the latter group. If it’s not registered as a truck, I doubt that Ford would count them as truck sales.
I bought my bronco thru the business i own. So my corp bought it. Under a commercial account... And yes my plates have 1 letter and 6 numbers... So... Technically yes.

Sponsored

BadAss bronco dude

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
superduty.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought my bronco thru the business i own. So my corp bought it. Under a commercial account... And yes my plates have 1 letter and 6 numbers... So... Technically yes.
And it's a total write off.... Just have to drive it to a couple jobs here and there...

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And it's a total write off.... Just have to drive it to a couple jobs here and there...
I’m a sole proprietor, bought it under my business, but not on a commercial acct. It hasn’t been delivered yet, no plates, but I assume it will be registered as a regular suv. I paid for it already so I could get the write off for 2021, but my cpa says that since I’m not incorporated, I can’t write off the full amount if I use it for personal use at all. So I’m pretending that I drive it to jobs 75% of the time I drive it.

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
bronco is a truck, infact, an AWD ecosport is a "truck". almost any SUV is a truck because it gets advantageous CO2 targets. the frame vs unibody has nothing to do with it, its considered a truck if it has certain approach, departure, and ground clearance, or if its GVW is over 6500lbs.

With that said, as others said, it does not count torwards their "Fseries" leadership claims, just as rangers and mavericks do not. Ford gets that claim because they are the only one that lump regular and super duty trucks under 1 nameplate, and GM has like 3 different nameplates. If you count all the vehicles with an open bed, GM dwarfs Ford.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If I remember correctly, even the pt cruiser or hhr were trucks

OP
OP
sniffHound

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Turning out to be an informative thread. Thanks all!

Sponsored

BadAss bronco dude

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
superduty.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m a sole proprietor, bought it under my business, but not on a commercial acct. It hasn’t been delivered yet, no plates, but I assume it will be registered as a regular suv. I paid for it already so I could get the write off for 2021, but my cpa says that since I’m not incorporated, I can’t write off the full amount if I use it for personal use at all. So I’m pretending that I drive it to jobs 75% of the time I drive it.
What's your trade? I am a tile contractor on so cal....

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have no idea, but at the rate they produce broncos vs f150s, the broncos are a drop in the bucket.

Seems more like a lean experiment on build to order with lots of failures to learn from vs a way to boost truck sale numbers. If anything, imo, the bronco is a temporary distraction from the truck goal seeing how the Ranger plant is being shared with it

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think the Bronco is classified as a truck. That's like classifying the Expedition and Navigator as trucks. Even on Ford's website, the Bronco is under SUVs and Crossovers.
The internal division of Ford that created the Ranger and the Bronco operates under "Ford Truck team"...
Fords own description of the Bronco for vehicle type is "Midsize four passenger two-door/five oassenger four-door rugged 4x4 SUV"
It is manufacturered in the same building back to back with a truck, the Ranger, in what used to be known as Michigan Truck Plant... It is a truck.

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The internal division of Ford that created the Ranger and the Bronco operates under "Ford Truck team"...
Fords own description of the Bronco for vehicle type is "Midsize four passenger two-door/five oassenger four-door rugged 4x4 SUV"
It is manufacturered in the same building back to back with a truck, the Ranger, in what used to be known as Michigan Truck Plant... It is a truck.
The marketing on their website says its SUV, but since they market trucks and cars on the same website, you will conclude Ford only sells trucks?

heavyD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW X3M Competition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Bronco is classified as a light duty truck. The EPA does not have an SUV class as it's either a car, light duty truck, or heavy duty truck.
Sponsored