Sponsored

Since Bronco is a truck frame, does it count towards Ford's truck sales numbers?

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Do Bronco sales count towards Fords truck sales since they have the truck frame? Great way to stay #1 in truck sales.
Sponsored

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I doubt it. Not sure how the registration works in other states, but in CA, all pickup trucks and full sized vans are registered as commercial vehicles. They have one letter and six numbers on the license plate. All other vehicles have three letters and four numbers on the license plate. All SUVs are in the latter group. If it’s not registered as a truck, I doubt that Ford would count them as truck sales.

Sponsored

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford can do and say anything they want, but do they deserve to be "Number 1" if they have to resort to such tactics? And would anyone take their numbers seriously if they did?

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Bronco is "body on frame" built, not a "truck frame".
I would agree with this statement if the Bronco was a unique, stand-alone product, and wasn't based on the rangers frame and platform.

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, it counts for truck numbers. Why the question?

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol do you have a source, or is this an opinion?
Fifteen years as a Ford dealership manager. It's not a car, so it's a truck. Again, why the question?

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do Bronco sales count towards Fords truck sales since they have the truck frame? Great way to stay #1 in truck sales.
Fifteen years as a Ford dealership manager. It's not a car, so it's a truck. Again, why the question?
Bronco sales don’t count towards the marketing claim that the F-Series is America’s best-selling vehicle for a 40th straight year and the industry’s top-selling truck for the 45th consecutive year, because it’s not an F-Series truck.

Last edited:

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Backing up goatman2 here.

My qualifications should you ask: 11 years in commercial dealer finance for the 6th largest bank in the nation. I manage an approximate of $650MM in bank assets, more specifically, bank loans in the commercial dealer space. I read Ford factory statements coming from my clients daily in order to monitor the financial performance and potential risks/weaknesses within these borrowing dealerships. Are these qualifications sufficient buck_6g to answer your question?

Ford statements are generally broken into 2 categories when it comes to new vehicle sales: (1) cars and (2) trucks. Bronco falls under the truck category and the sales totals (revenue/gross profit) add up on a line labeled Total Ford Truck. Therefore, dealers get credit for Bronco as part of their aggregate truck sales. I do not have a blank Ford OEM Factory Financial Statement for you to review, but here's the publicly posted dealer accounting manual/chart of accounts for said factory statement to review at your leisure.

https://www.fmcdealerfbmi.dealerconnection.com/AccountingManual/en/coa-coacmplt-en-htm/

Ford corporate also publishes an assortment of public data on a quarterly basis. You're welcome to dig through the financial reporting to further identify any additional sources you were looking for.

https://shareholder.ford.com/investors/financials-and-filings/default.aspx

Did we answer your question?

[Drops the mic] 👊🎤

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't think the Bronco is classified as a truck. That's like classifying the Expedition and Navigator as trucks. Even on Ford's website, the Bronco is under SUVs and Crossovers.

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco sales don’t count towards the marketing claim that the F-Series is America’s best-selling vehicle for a 40th straight year and the industry’s top-selling truck for the 45th consecutive year, because it’s not an F-Series truck.
Yes, Bronco sales don't count as an F series sale. I didn't say they did. That wasn't the question. And I asked twice why the question. Question is do they count as a truck, and yes they do. Doesn't mean anything towards the F series being the best selling truck.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, Bronco sales don't count as an F series sale. I didn't say they did. That wasn't the question. And I asked twice why the question. Question is do they count as a truck, and yes they do. Doesn't mean anything towards the F series being the best selling truck.
Agreed. I wasn’t quibbling with your reply. I was just trying to address what I think was the OP’s underlying query (i.e., “Great way to stay #1 in truck sales”). Ford is #1 in truck sales because of the F-Series.
Sponsored