Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was going to upgrade to full package (just for Howard Stern) and I turned down their offer. It says X amount per month. But by the time the transaction is done, you're paying X + BS fees. It's definitely not worth the money for what you get.

It's almost as if Sirius forgot that it's not the 2000's anymore and we all have access to content through Amazon, Youtube, Spotify etc...and that can be on demand choices, not just the mundane crap Sirius pumps out.

I'm underwhelmed by the rock channels. They have two ends of the spectrum --- Light rock and scream metal. Where's the stoner rock and doom metal? Also, no punk channel? But they have channels exclusively for Dave Matthews, Bruce Springsteen and U2.

Sweetair

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SHO, 03 Marauder, '69 S Code XR7 vert Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have it in 4 vehicles. 3 of them are lifetime. Cost $300 and that's it, the other one I keep renewing for about $115/year. My daughter uses that car and really doesn't use it so I will probably not renew it next time.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If your doing Sirus for the talk stuff I guess I get it. If your doing it for music I don't get it at all. There are much better options through your CarPlay, AA. SirusXM is so compressed it sounds like absolute trash too.

nhbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia, F150, Ranger, Roadtrek Agile
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like spotify much better than sirius.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco arrives in a few weeks, and this will be my 3rd or 4th vehicle with Sirius and/or XM radio in it. To be honest in the past all I've done is listed to SiriusXM during the trial period, and then promptly forget it even exists once the trial ends.

This past year I bought a Ford Escape to replace a Focus that got squashed by a suicidal oak tree. Due to some sort of clerical error, the SiriusXM trial lasted a full 12 months, rather than the usual 3-6 month trial. That extended trial just ended last month, and... well... I fell into the trap, and am now I'm thinking about subscribing.

So for those of you who have or had tried SiriusXM in the past, is it worth it?? What's the pricing?? Does it cost extra to have multiple vehicles added to your account?? Unfortunately the SiriusXM website is more than willing to advertise their introductory offer on their website, but the "real" price seems to be hidden in some fine print somewhere I cannot find. And speaking of introductory offers, what's the best introductory offer you've seen for your Bronco??
I cancel mine and then call back and get the new person price. I love the new Bakersfield Beat channel. We listened to it the whole time we were driving on vaca from Florida to the Smoky/Blue Ridge Mountains and back. (I'm normally a First Wave or LIthium fan.) I'm about to switch my cell service so I can use spotify where I live. Verizon has really gone downhill, and no one can use it anymore, sadly. I may drop sirius after that.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If your doing Sirus for the talk stuff I guess I get it. If your doing it for music I don't get it at all. There are much better options through your CarPlay, AA. SirusXM is so compressed it sounds like absolute trash too.
This is very true. I think spotify sounds so much better. I only use sirius when we are on road trips or where my stupid cell service sucks ( which is basically my whole state now.)

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was gonna cancel mine after the free trial but they offered me a good deal over the phone so I extended it for a year.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I got the 5 year plan for $149 on my F150. I'm still on a trial with Bronco. Imo it's not even worth the $30/yr anymore.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have had it for the past 16 years and they seem to be progressively getting worse with more talking and BS. I got a lifetime subscription when I signed up and it cost me around $300 I think or $350. It’s currently in my wife’s vehicle and she likes it. Apparently they don’t do lifetime subscriptions anymore or at least that’s what I’m told. With sync and CarPlay I don’t see a need for Sirius

Sponsored

psychlops

Badlands
First Name
psychlops
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I listened to Sirius XM for the trial and found that I pretty much went to a few stations, and there was overlap on those stations as well. I'm way too lazy to keep negotiating for a better price so just let the service lapse.

I get by just fine with my current radio stations and I use a USB stick filled with my music. I switch back and forth as needed. I've been experimenting with adding podcasts onto the stick, but need it more automated.

rlgreene21

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have SiriusXM and its nice but my only issue is the dang DJs talk to much and its almost as bad as having ads. I just wish it was continuous music all the time with no talking from the DJs. I know what channel I am listening to without them telling me over and over. I have YouTube Music for ad free music too and I like it because it takes away ads in YouTube

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s good for trips but honestly not good for the value, 200 whatever channels and you find yourself listening to 6 of them only . Paying for premium Spotify is way better IMO.
I wholeheartedly agree! I’ve had satellite in many vehicles for many years and have just canceled them all. The content is highly repetitive for music and the talk shows are full of commercials anyway!!!

I bought Spotify Premium for partying on the boat and podcasts while on the road…. Over time, I virtually stopped listening to satellite all together.

I have no regrets…. ….on that front at least!

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wholeheartedly agree! I’ve had satellite in many vehicles for many years and have just canceled them all. The content is highly repetitive for music and the talk shows are full of commercials anyway!!!

I bought Spotify Premium for partying on the boat and podcasts while on the road…. Over time, I virtually stopped listening to satellite all together.

I have no regrets…. ….on that front at least!
My only hesitation with Spotify/Apple Music/Pandora/etc. is the data use on my cell phone.

I dramatically cut my data plan on my cell phone during the pandemic because I was (and am) sitting within reach of Wifi 98% of the time. Cut my cell phone bill in half (~$70/mo) and truthfully don't want to go back.

I used to have Spotify Premium, and I know I can download Spotify playlists so they can be played offline and whatnot, but honestly I don't the time nor the desire to curate my music like that (big reason why I canceled Spotify Premium). I rather simply say "well today I want to listen to country", and be able to do that without having to use a bunch of data or pre-load songs to my phone.

So as long as SiriusXM's price is lower than $70/mo for two vehicles and cell phone use at home (sounds like it is), then it probably is worth it to me. Although I do freely admit that for most people it probably makes way more sense to pay for a service like Spotify.

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 ,89 325i and 72 Dodge Charger SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco arrives in a few weeks, and this will be my 3rd or 4th vehicle with Sirius and/or XM radio in it. To be honest in the past all I've done is listed to SiriusXM during the trial period, and then promptly forget it even exists once the trial ends.

This past year I bought a Ford Escape to replace a Focus that got squashed by a suicidal oak tree. Due to some sort of clerical error, the SiriusXM trial lasted a full 12 months, rather than the usual 3-6 month trial. That extended trial just ended last month, and... well... I fell into the trap, and am now I'm thinking about subscribing.

So for those of you who have or had tried SiriusXM in the past, is it worth it?? What's the pricing?? Does it cost extra to have multiple vehicles added to your account?? Unfortunately the SiriusXM website is more than willing to advertise their introductory offer on their website, but the "real" price seems to be hidden in some fine print somewhere I cannot find. And speaking of introductory offers, what's the best introductory offer you've seen for your Bronco??
No,

Just get YouTube Music or Spotify...cheaper and no breaks in the music.
Sponsored