Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco arrives in a few weeks, and this will be my 3rd or 4th vehicle with Sirius and/or XM radio in it. To be honest in the past all I've done is listed to SiriusXM during the trial period, and then promptly forget it even exists once the trial ends.

This past year I bought a Ford Escape to replace a Focus that got squashed by a suicidal oak tree. Due to some sort of clerical error, the SiriusXM trial lasted a full 12 months, rather than the usual 3-6 month trial. That extended trial just ended last month, and... well... I fell into the trap, and am now I'm thinking about subscribing.

So for those of you who have or had tried SiriusXM in the past, is it worth it?? What's the pricing?? Does it cost extra to have multiple vehicles added to your account?? Unfortunately the SiriusXM website is more than willing to advertise their introductory offer on their website, but the "real" price seems to be hidden in some fine print somewhere I cannot find. And speaking of introductory offers, what's the best introductory offer you've seen for your Bronco??
Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

call in and negotiate a better price. i really like it but they seem to talk more lately. the app is even better since they have on demand and it buffers so no los

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have it on 14 vehicles and 5 boats. . Prices can range from $60 to $330 for the year for the same subscription. Best to ask for the trial year price, usually around 60. Then when they send the full price in a year, call and ask or wait til they send a better deal letter. They always send the letter.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've got it on three vehicles all for roughly $5/month each ($15 total).
I simply called and said I would like to cancel if I had to pay the full subscription amount.
They realize that something is better than nothing as far as subscription revenue is concerned.

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have not paid full price for my sat radio ever and I have had sat capable radios since 2006. Call to negotiate your first year subscription and offer to pay all at once. Then every year when they go to renew and raise your price, call to cancel. When you cancel explain that you found that you just don't use it enough to justify the current price, let alone an increase. I currently pay $89 a year for each of my two cars that have it.

Also, you have to talk to the customer retention department. They are the only ones that have the authority to give away any discounts. When you tell the operator that you wish to not renew your subscription, that is who they will connect you too.

Sponsored

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've got it on three vehicles all for roughly $5/month each ($15 total).
I simply called and said I would like to cancel if I had to pay the full subscription amount.
They realize that something is better than nothing as far as subscription revenue is concerned.
you got me beat! I pay $7.41 for each car. Well done!

bagsBronco22

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Trial is good for 90 days. They called last week (30-days in) and extended another 90 days for $4.99. After that the renewal will be too high. You can call and try to get a better price - 9/10 they will give you something to retain. If not, cancel and get the app service only and play thru your wireless apple play or android auto

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I get a military/veterans discount on my subscription, but I've had it in every vehicle since I first installed it in 2002 in my 98 Durango. I personally HATE local radio and commercials, and DJ's and when you take road trips you're constantly searching for stations etc. I love being able to set one station and be done. Additionally, this past week when I was offroading and all my friends lost their internet connection for their phones to listen to music, I still had satellite and was able to listen to whatever I wanted. I couldn't see myself owning a car without satellite radio at this point.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

you got me beat! I pay $7.41 for each car. Well done!
So... I logged in and looked at my account between my initial post and your reply to fact check myself...
$7.27 each.
Still got ya! ;)

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It’s good for trips but honestly not good for the value, 200 whatever channels and you find yourself listening to 6 of them only . Paying for premium Spotify is way better IMO.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

call in and negotiate a better price. i really like it but they seem to talk more lately. the app is even better since they have on demand and it buffers so no los
Call to negotiate your first year subscription and offer to pay all at once. Then every year when they go to renew and raise your price, call to cancel. When you cancel explain that you found that you just don't use it enough to justify the current price, let alone an increase. I currently pay $89 a year for each of my two cars that have it.
You can call and try to get a better price - 9/10 they will give you something to retain.
I'm sensing a distinct pattern here.

Well... I don't particularly enjoy dealing with this sorta stuff. But I do it with my internet provider at home so might as well do it for SiriusXM too.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I pay a flat $6 a month indefinitely. I know some folks end up cheaper doing the 5 month or 1 year deal but I don't want to keep up with all that. When my Broncos trial expires I'll just use the Sirius mobile app and Bluetooth it. If they'll give me.both vehicles for $10 a month together with no term limit I'll do it.

bhb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I let the trial expire and got an XM promotion for $75 for 12 months ($6/month) paid up front. I'm almost exclusively spotify and some local AM radio, but went ahead and signed up for the 2-3 times a year I'm outside of cell coverage. I dont have XM in my other cars, but have been a subscriber in the past. I like the service, but pricing needs to be realistic (sub $10/month IMO)

Taylan

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco arrives in a few weeks, and this will be my 3rd or 4th vehicle with Sirius and/or XM radio in it. To be honest in the past all I've done is listed to SiriusXM during the trial period, and then promptly forget it even exists once the trial ends.

This past year I bought a Ford Escape to replace a Focus that got squashed by a suicidal oak tree. Due to some sort of clerical error, the SiriusXM trial lasted a full 12 months, rather than the usual 3-6 month trial. That extended trial just ended last month, and... well... I fell into the trap, and am now I'm thinking about subscribing.

So for those of you who have or had tried SiriusXM in the past, is it worth it?? What's the pricing?? Does it cost extra to have multiple vehicles added to your account?? Unfortunately the SiriusXM website is more than willing to advertise their introductory offer on their website, but the "real" price seems to be hidden in some fine print somewhere I cannot find. And speaking of introductory offers, what's the best introductory offer you've seen for your Bronco??
My 3 months trial was up, they sent me specials to continue. $6.06 a month for a year covers Bronco radio, computer and cell phone app. For 6.06 a month is worth it to me I listen in my office, driving and at home. Before the year is up call them and tell them you don't want to renew, tell them it's too much at regular price and to keep you they will offer you a better price. The only issue I have with Sirius is if you drive the same time every day like to work and home you will hear the same songs on that channel you were listening to.
Sponsored