Sponsored

Sitting at Dirt/Snow Mountain. How long of a wait to expect?

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 1966 Mustang, 2016 Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So my Bronco was built the week of January 24th. Right as the chip shortage peaked again. Any clue how long models sit before getting finished? How long were people waiting last summer?
Sponsored

spiG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BD/20 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Last summer? Try now as well, just take a seat, grab some popcorn and watch month timer click away! All depends on if they get a chip delivery or not but not rhyme or reason to any of them disappearing off of snow mountain

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just curious about the ice mountain situation. Does it seem like Ford has a revolving door here? Do cars come off the line, and go to ice mountain, and then later get chips. So all cars spend affected spend a similar amount of time there. Or, can you go to ice mountain waiting for chips and have another vehicle of the same build come off the line with all hardware requiring chips installed?

I am sure this is an impossible question. I am betting it is random.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Last summer? Try now as well, just take a seat, grab some popcorn and watch month timer click away! All depends on if they get a chip delivery or not but not rhyme or reason to any of them disappearing off of snow mountain
They have chips already…..they have just prioritized new builds over the ice mountain Broncos. The 2/07 build week looks as if they are being built and shipped right away without a layover at ice mountain. That is one of the most aggravating aspects of this cluster f$&k. Ford has stated on the record that the ice mountain lot won’t be cleared out for another 90 days, after already sitting there for close to 40 days. Add on rail/delivery and train yard time and you’re looking at mid- late June for some.

GoneAndDusted

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just curious about the ice mountain situation. Does it seem like Ford has a revolving door here? Do cars come off the line, and go to ice mountain, and then later get chips. So all cars spend affected spend a similar amount of time there. Or, can you go to ice mountain waiting for chips and have another vehicle of the same build come off the line with all hardware requiring chips installed?

I am sure this is an impossible question. I am betting it is random.
I got scheduled with a blend date of 2/8. After the factory resumed operations, the tracker shows my Bronco was "In Production" on 2/21, "Built" on 2/22, and currently has a status of shipped. As with most recent builds I've seen, Bronco's are currently coming off the line and shipping out.

Sponsored

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford said they will try to clear through them in 90 days

engine7design

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Welp, got my “built” notice and ETD of 3-10-22 in NY. Think I should believe it?

adrencg

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Debbie Downer here [wahh wahhh] :

The Russian invasion of Ukraine is going to make things worse for chips since both nations are the largest (but not the only) exporter of palladium and neon gas. They're crucial materials in the semiconductor manufacturing process.

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Awww, man. With only 5 weeks down so far, that would put us at September or so delivery…..think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts…..
Sponsored