Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Update-I bought Metalcloak https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-armor-skidplates-installation-writeup.46018/

Well I'm ordering skid plates on Monday figure I would get a few opinions on options.

Metalcloak-$1700 + Tax
Boat sides, looks like the best system for sliding over rocks. Draw back is exposed hardware and no front bash plate(big bend so stock one for me is plastic).
Update - Bolts to factory V6 brace bars, still can install on a 2.3 Bronco.

JCR $1500 + Tax
Looks to be the most complete set up out. Recessed bolts and nice black powder coat.

LOD $unknown
Edit- LOD transfer case skid looks to extend back farther than other options (actually looks like the best stand alone transfer case skid). Waiting for the fuel tank skid to show up, this mighty not be to bad of a set up. I just don't like the transmission skid and the two piece front skid.
Update - Transmission skid bolts to the V6 braces, would avoid if you have a 2.3 Bronco.

Old-Not a bad option, just doesn't look like full coverage. For the money I rather have less gaps and frame exposure.

Asfir $1300 Shipped
In stock, good option if you want protection but understand you may damage the skids. Same protection as factory+ a narrow transmission skid plate.

ARB $800
Looks like stock without a fuel tank skid.

Factory Kit $700
Would have to buy a transmission skid plate and I would rather have asfir set up for weight savings.

Did I miss anything/brand/opinions? I am looking for rock protection from mostly 12" rocks that like to roll with you when you drive over them. JCR is winning the best coverage for the $ right now. Got a trail run coming up and I need to pull the trigger on something.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@LifestyleOffroad recently introduced theirs, but must still be prototype as I donā€™t see them on the site yet. FWIW i have the JCR set and really like it

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Next Venture Motorsports is working on a set with UHMD covering but it's not out yet and no ETA.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Iā€™ve been looking at the JCR plates. Most def want the gas tank skid, I have the front skid on my Wildtrak, so piecing together what I need

Sponsored
OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Updated main post as I have been online window shopping. I also have kind of been looking at bumpers(I did bend rear bumper bracket last outing).

JCR still looks like the most complete set up for the money.

I keep going back to Asfir front skid plate the oil drain hole and being able to keep my factory tow points.

Metalcloak is expensive for not having a bash plate, not even a lip at the front edge. Been trying to figure out options to cover this area but then the price gets to high.

Thereā€™s FoutzMotorsport as well.. Iā€™m not sure if they have a presence here on BG6.

https://www.foutzmotorsports.com/co...essories/products/2021-ford-bronco-skid-plate
Looks like an awesome prerunner set up. By the time I piece together a complete set up I feel the cost is to high.

@LifestyleOffroad recently introduced theirs, but must still be prototype as I donā€™t see them on the site yet. FWIW i have the JCR set and really like it
I want to see some scratches on that green paint! I'm surprised these companies aren't rushing to get products out before summer season.

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I want to see some scratches on that green paint! I'm surprised these companies aren't rushing to get products out before summer season.
Iā€™m working on it, I installed them the day after my last wheeling trip. did get a couple souvenirs on the stock skid that day

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Donā€™t forget you can use your 42,000 Ford Pass points to purchase the OEM set.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Donā€™t forget you can use your 42,000 Ford Pass points to purchase the OEM set.
^ This.

Ford is currently running 20% off Ford accessories and they'll price match that at your dealership parts counter. I got 15% at the time and used my Ford pass points and only paid $440 for my skids. Couldn't find a better deal.

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Still doesnā€™t offer gas tank skid though right? At least from what Iā€™ve seen. So your gas tank is still susceptible to rocks (and thieves)

OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Factory 4 door set up comes with a fuel tank skid plate. I am on the fence with a factory set up as I am going to use them. Like above, factory skid would have saved the tank strap, but if you landed on it you would still get a nice dent.

Tried ordering yesterday but ended up playing phone tag. Even tried to order factory skids through my local dealer and they don't want the business unless they get the install.

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Still doesnā€™t offer gas tank skid though right? At least from what Iā€™ve seen. So your gas tank is still susceptible to rocks (and thieves)
I have a 2-door so already have the gas tank skid from factory. Also have the modular front bumper which includes the front skid plate. Recently purchased just the transfer case skid plate from Ruxer but now looking for the middle engine skid plate separately. Havenā€™t been able to find it anywhere. Anyone know where to find the middle one that covers oil pan?

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a 2-door so already have the gas tank skid from factory. Also have the modular front bumper which includes the front skid plate. Recently purchased just the transfer case skid plate from Ruxer but now looking for the middle engine skid plate separately. Havenā€™t been able to find it anywhere. Anyone know where to find the middle one that covers oil pan?
Gotcha. Iā€™m in a 4dr Wikdtrak, so while I have the front plate I need everything else šŸ˜‚
Sponsored