Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When you get something worked up for yourself, I'd like to see it regardless. It is a little more effort but a lot more effective, but yeah, maybe a mental bridge too far for the more casual off roaders. If you do a thread, @ me so I don't miss it if you don't mind.
Thanks for the feedback. I’m on the more casual side with 35’s, Eibach 2.0 coilovers set about 2.5” of lift and rear lockers only. I just hate the thought of damaging a welded part like the control arm mount and see your point about bolt on protection being weaker.
Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You can check out the install instructions here if you like:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1...-Installation-assembly-guide.pdf?v=1697488037

No mods required. I installed the driver side one yesterday evening and that was fine. I need to drop the fuel tank to install the passenger skid, I'm going to do rear trailing arms at the same time so I'm not sure if I'm going to get to that this weekend since I have more then a 1/2 a tank of fuel left and want to wait until I'm near empty.
Pics when done please- and do have the factory second plate (on the badlands etc)

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a set of JRC control arm skids for sale…I decided not to use them because I already have the stock “reinforcements“…will see how they hold up and add plates/supports if needed…

DV8offroad

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dv8offroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco's & Jeep's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Breathing life into an old thread. Trying to find rear control arm skids for my two door OBX. Trying to find a simple install.

Rancho expects you to punch a hole in the arm mount to install,

ASFIR only for four door according to their site

ACFab not responding to email

Carli not answering phone or returning voicemail.

DV8 only compatible with OEM skid and OBX doesn’t have that.

Who am I missing that offers them and what did you find?
Our new ones will be released on the 15th, they do not require the OEM Skid.

climb2descend

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Pics when done please- and do have the factory second plate (on the badlands etc)
Sorry for the delay, finally got my Bronco back, and I got some time this week to finish up the install. These definitely should work on both versions, ones that have the oem welded on skid and the ones that dont. Mine does not have the oem welded skid. They are made wider then the frame and you put spacer plates on each side of the frame. They definitely designed this with the 4 door in mind though, there is a slight difference on 2 doors and I think that's why JCR says 4 door only for there's. This is for arm skids that also use the fuel tank skid bolt as an extra bolting location besides the sides of the frame, on the 2 door the fuel skid bolt is further forward then the 4 door. On my Foutz one I had to notch a small 1/2 circle slot at the end of the bottom arm skid tab so that I could pass the fuel skid bolt through. Otherwise no other issues. I passed the info onto Foutz and they were going to take a look and I imagine they might make a slight change to their design so it works out of the box for 2 door and 4 door.

Ford Bronco Skid Plates for Control arms and additional protection for Trail arm DSC07725 (1)

Ford Bronco Skid Plates for Control arms and additional protection for Trail arm DSC07729 (1)
Sponsored