Sponsored

Skid plates for fuel tank and transfer case?

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

• Banned
Apologies if I missed where this is covered. Did a quick search before posting and didn’t find what I was looking for. I recently added the sas package to my OBX (updated order Sunday of last week after spending a day with BB sas) and got my build date this past Thursday 09/20.

My question is this. I have the mod bumper and know that has the front bash plate but what about the fuel tank and transfer case? Do those have to be purchased separately? I forgot to look under the bb and my dealer isn’t sure either……. Help!!!!!
Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apologies if I missed where this is covered. Did a quick search before posting and didn’t find what I was looking for. I recently added the sas package to my OBX (updated order Sunday of last week after spending a day with BB sas) and got my build date this past Thursday 09/20.

My question is this. I have the mod bumper and know that has the front bash plate but what about the fuel tank and transfer case? Do those have to be purchased separately? I forgot to look under the bb and my dealer isn’t sure either……. Help!!!!!
(Edit) I know the fuel tank skid is NOT standard on all models. Transfer case skid is only on the Black Diamond /Badlands unless ordered in the accessories.

Last edited:

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correction, I just looked under an abandoned Base order & it DOES NOT have the fuel tank skid so it is not standard.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Correction, I just looked under an abandoned Base order & it DOES NOT have the fuel tank skid so it is not standard.
My 2 door BaseSasquatch- Has the Fuel tank skid plates. Beyond the plate with the Modular bumper there is another plate that covers the engine. It was stated on the forum that all 2 doors have the fuel tank skid plate.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2 door BaseSasquatch- Has the Fuel tank skid plates. Beyond the plate with the Modular bumper there is another plate that covers the engine. It was stated on the forum that all 2 doors have the fuel tank skid plate.
That could be the difference. 4-door not standard I guess. Definitely was not on the 4-door I looked at, maybe only the 2-door gets it standard. They had a 4-door badlands that did have it. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you are buying the Mod bumper, just add the HD skid plates. It's a really good price considering how much skid go for.

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you are buying the Mod bumper, just add the HD skid plates. It's a really good price considering how much skid go for.
I believe BD and BL comes with mod bumper and "full skip plates". Other trims can option for the mod bumper, but can only get the front skid plate under the engine.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I believe BD and BL comes with mod bumper and "full skip plates". Other trims can option for the mod bumper, but can only get the front skid plate under the engine.
Yeah..OP has an OBx.. so he added the optional Mod bumper, which gets him the metal front skid, so I'm suggesting he go ahead and add all the additional skids for her $350(?)

I was blown away how expensive skid plates are with aftermarket.. of course they are probably much better, but still unless you're hardcore I'll save my $1,000

Last edited:

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah..OP has an OBx.. so he added that the optional Mod bumper, which gets him the metal front skid, so I'm suggesting he go ahead and add all the additional kids for her $350(?)

I was blown away how expensive skid plates are with aftermarket.. of course they are probably much better, but still unless you're hardcore I'll save my $1,000
I checked B&P and did not see a way to add full skid plates on an OBX (or other trims for that matter). Did I miss something? Where can I add full skip plates to mod bumper for $350?

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford's Accessory Full Body Bash Plates for $695 doesn't make sense. If you buy the Modular Bumper you already have the Front plate. My 2 door also has a plate that extends back to the rear mount for the lower control arm and covers the engine. Maybe they will piece these plates out at some point. Steel Full Body Bash Plate - For Vehicles with Modular Front Bumper, For 2-Door | Customize Your Ford

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I checked B&P and did not see a way to add full skid plates on an OBX (or other trims for that matter). Did I miss something? Where can I add full skip plates to mod bumper for $350?
Sorry..I had no idea it wasn't available on the lower trim. I wonder if they changed that at some point.

Ford Bronco Skid plates for fuel tank and transfer case? Screenshot_20210830-060656_Chrome

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don't remember seeing this until 2 days ago. There is an option when configuring a Wildtrak to get full vehicle steel bash plates for $395. I don't see this option on other trims.

Ford Bronco Skid plates for fuel tank and transfer case? 1630328775034
Sponsored