Sponsored

Skip Sasquatch upgrade for Fifteen52 wheels and BF Goodrich tires from Overland build?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm no tire expert at all. But I've been trying to learn as I'm set on BD...but also like the 33" look.

Tire sites always list a range of rim width recommendations...the KO2 285/70R17 lists 7.5" - 9". Of course the standard BD with barely meets at 7.5"

So...my question....are you really OK with a rim that just barely meets the width recommendation???

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm no tire expert at all. But I've been trying to learn as I'm set on BD...but also like the 33" look.

Tire sites always list a range of rim width recommendations...the KO2 285/70R17 lists 7.5" - 9". Of course the standard BD with barely meets at 7.5"

So...my question....are you really OK with a rim that just barely meets the width recommendation???

Thanks in advance
In order to go 33s, in going to use at least an 8 inch wide wheel. I just don't like squeezing a tire onto a wheel. I'm new to offroading though, so it may not be an issue.

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks in advance
If the tire manufacturer says it would work on a 7.5” wide wheel I would have zero concerns.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep went with the Steelies on the black diamond. I like the 1552 wheels and probably 33’s
This is my plan. Ride the steelies with the hopes
Of upgrading to 33s then when I’m bored upgrade the wheels..

coolbreeze

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Analog wheels only come in 17x8.5 for the lug pattern we need, so that's why I asked them about it to be sure. They said the 8.5in wide wheel won't be a problem as long as i don't get too tall of a tire. I replied with the BFG 33s and they said "that should work no problem".
Good to know. This helps me narrow down my options. Was thinking Base Squatch but now I’m going BD/steelies and either find a set of Badlands regular wheels/KO2s or Analogs/KO2s. Thanks for researching.

Sponsored

Gquag

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1936 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone else going to skip the Sasquatch upgrade and buy the Fifteen52 wheels and BF Goodrich tires you see on the Overland build? I like the Sasquatch package but man that overland build looks sweet.
Yes. Badlands, High-pkg, V6 10spd, Non-Sqach with Fifteen52 Traverse HD

Reactions: thd

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wasn't the Overland build a standard Badland suspension with 35s?

That rig really needs a lift. As a show vehicle it was fine, but didn't look practical.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 big bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi guys don’t forget lot more to bigvtires than getting them to fit and one would be gear ratio if u want to maintain stock rpm/mph values

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 big bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nothing wrong with a narrow rim especially if I ever plan on airing down makes slipping a lot less likely

Sponsored
OP
OP

Sjbiss

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi guys don’t forget lot more to bigvtires than getting them to fit and one would be gear ratio if u want to maintain stock rpm/mph values
Good point. Perhaps the better play is to get the Sasquatch package and then swap out the wheels right away. I really like the fifteen52 wheels on the Overland build. Tires will wear themselves in time :)

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 big bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you can get squatch for 5k it’s a lot of bang for buck I installed arb airlockers front and rear on my full-size as well as regeared my diffs myself and can tell you it’s not for beginners and a lot of trust to put in a “professional “ that you will pay big bucks to recently had a lift installed in my shop by highly rated pros that showed up without an oil pump or funnel made a freaking mess but that’s another story

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone else going to skip the Sasquatch upgrade and buy the Fifteen52 wheels and BF Goodrich tires you see on the Overland build? I like the Sasquatch package but man that overland build looks sweet.
I contemplated that but, no, I’m squatching AND upgrading tires and wheels.

thd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro SS 1/LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. Badlands, High-pkg, V6 10spd, Non-Sqach with Fifteen52 Traverse HD
I am strongly considering selling the Badlands wheels and tires day one as 'take-offs' to replace them with the Fifteen52 Traverse HDs and 315 (35") AT KO2s as well. If I keep the stock wheels I will still swap to the larger tires right away. Anyone know how hard it is to install bump stops? That is really the only thing the BL doesn't have from the Sasquatch package.
Sponsored