Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To save on the money, fuss, and weight penalty of a tent, why not just sleep in the perfectly good seats Ford provides? Does anyone know how far back these recline in the new Bronco?

It seems like they should be designing the seats to recline as much as possible so you are almost laying, similar to the new F-150.

I mean it's ironic that here we have this perfectly designed seat, in a climate controlled cabin, yet we go through all this hassle and $2000 - $8000 just to load our vehicles with RTT
Sponsored

joez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have slept in too many cars in my time. If you can sleep in an airplane seat, and your body does feel like it was folded in half, go for it. For me there are a few downside to sleeping in a car. The metal in the body transfers heat, so by morning I am always colder then when I slept in a tent. The other thing is you lose a lot of water by breathing. So in the morning your going to have a lot of condensation in the car. Even if you crack the window.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Done enough of the sleeping in a car seat. No more.

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The seats in the new F150 go way back, almost 180 degrees I believe. Was kinda hoping the bronco would too haha.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This sounds like a cool feature for like a van... but no thanks. I cannot even sleep "well" when fully reclined in first class on an international flight with 12 mini-bottles in me. I'll stick to an actual bed/mattress.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Done enough of the sleeping in a car seat. No more.
Yep, blows but I'm not about to put a tent on my roof. Ground tent is bigger & works just fine at a fraction of the weight & cost. YMMV.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

To save on the money, fuss, and weight penalty of a tent, why not just sleep in the perfectly good seats Ford provides? Does anyone know how far back these recline in the new Bronco?

It seems like they should be designing the seats to recline as much as possible so you are almost laying, similar to the new F-150.

I mean it's ironic that here we have this perfectly designed seat, in a climate controlled cabin, yet we go through all this hassle and $2000 - $8000 just to load our vehicles with RTT
The seats in the new F150 go way back, almost 180 degrees I believe. Was kinda hoping the bronco would too haha.
At super cel East I asked this question with the same thing in mind, (unfortunately I didn't take a picture sorry) but I can tell you, it does NOT lay flat. It's the same as my 2010 Ford Fusion if that gives you any context. If you're curious, I'll go take a picture of my Fusion reclining and add it this thread lol.

I can tell you my first thought was "nope not sleeping in the seat" when he reclined it for me. Nothing more than a 20 min cat nap.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Could you just lay the seats forward and put an air mattress in the back to sleep on?
4 door... Maybe. If you're loaded with gear, then no. If you're tall, probably not.

2 door, definitely not.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If it was the f150 seats or nice captains chairs sure no problem. Only real issue is the hanky panky is likely to break stuff. Also I paid $1850 for my tent with shipping to hawaii and my roof rack was made partially out of scrap metal and road signs!

Also I really need to rebuild my 4x4 van and keep it rocking so i can get the 2 door and have more fun while not horizontal.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At super cel East I asked this question with the same thing in mind, (unfortunately I didn't take a picture sorry) but I can tell you, it does NOT lay flat. It's the same as my 2010 Ford Fusion if that gives you any context. If you're curious, I'll go take a picture of my Fusion reclining and add it this thread lol.

I can tell you my first thought was "nope not sleeping in the seat" when he reclined it for me. Nothing more than a 20 min cat nap.
Found your post thinking about loading a long board or pipe diagonally in the 4 door. Curious how long I will be able to fit placing one end over the reclined passenger seat (if it reclines enough) and to the opposite corner with the swing gate closed.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seen this thread before. I did not know it had been updated to cover my specific scenario of dimensions including abutting the front dash, thought it was only to the back of the front seats. I will review, unless you think you might have prematurely redirected me?

Edit: Also it was kinda focused on how far or what estimated angle the front seats recline; that I did not find much coverage with my searches except in this thread. I searched real hard to try and avoid the wraith of @ZackDanger

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seen this thread before. I did not know it had been updated to cover my specific scenario of dimensions including abutting the front dash, thought it was only to the back of the front seats. I will review, unless you think you might have prematurely redirected me?

Edit: Also it was kinda focused on how far or what estimated angle the front seats recline; that I did not find much coverage with my searches except in this thread.
Using the information in that thread, I got a very rough estimate of the maximum diagonal in the 4-door to be 118"

(without an actual measurement there's a lot of room for compounding errors in my calculation... I expect the actual distance to be longer than that, but I can't say by how much)
Sponsored