Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve posted this on a couple other threads but seems like this thread might appreciate the visual. I’m 6’, the front seat was pretty far back, and I felt confident I’d be able to sleep comfortably in the 4 door with a quick check at a busy event. Hope that helps someone! I can’t wait to see how I’ll contort into my 2 door 😁

C86F02D3-7508-4F7E-A42D-77DF7D80BB58.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Superstition

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon unlimited tricked out
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You looked like you were laying at an angle. Do you think you can get 2-people parallel to the length of the bronco (a couple)?
I was definitely laying diagonally across the back. I think if you moved the front seats all the way forward you could comfortably have two people laying back there. Unfortunately, I didn't test this out though because there was a lot of people traffic.

OP
OP

Superstition

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve posted this on a couple other threads but seems like this thread might appreciate the visual. I’m 6’, the front seat was pretty far back, and I felt confident I’d be able to sleep comfortably in the 4 door with a quick check at a busy event. Hope that helps someone! I can’t wait to see how I’ll contort into my 2 door 😁

Ford Bronco Sleeping in the 4 Door Bronco? C86F02D3-7508-4F7E-A42D-77DF7D80BB58
Awesome shot! You can tell that the front seat could go fwd quite a bit since there is someone sitting in it.

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a chance to see my first "real" Bronco today at San Tan Ford in Gilbert (Phoenix area). They had an Outer Banks and a Black Diamond on display. I own a decked out 2012 Rubicon unlimited on 35's and ordered the Badlands/Sas/10 spd auto/2.7l/ Lux/MIC top from Granger. I use the Rubicon to get to very remote and rugged backcountry areas. Sometimes I'll sleep on the Rubicon roof rack, other times in a tent, but if the wind is blowing hard I'll often sleep inside the Rubicon so I was quite interested to see if I could sleep inside the Bronco. And ..... I CAN! The Bronco internal dimensions felt to be a bit roomier than my Rubicon. In the Rubicon I move the passenger seat full forward, and laying diagonally, my feet still barely hit the tailgate. In the Bronco, with gate closed, I seem to have a few more inches of room and I did not move the front seats forward for the photos. If I did move the seats forward I just might fit without laying diagonally. The Rubicon also has a big bass speaker in the back that juts out which is nicely recessed in the Bronco giving more side to side room. The Bronco floor has a roughly 2.5" or 3" lip where the rear seats fold. It turns out that my hip (side sleeper) is on the upper side of the lip, and with my usual 3" sleep pad, should work fine. I'm also interested in the shelf that extends from the floor out the back door that will be an aftermarket add on, and the Ford rep told me that it would boost the floor up dramatically reducing the size of the lip. He also told me that the shelf option lifts the floor enough so that the doors won't fit inside the back. I don't intend to run around the dusty 4WD roads in Arizona with the doors off so it's that isn't an issue for me, but it might be for others. In the Rubicon the floor isn't flat either when the rear seats fold. There is a 6" gap (that I fill with a folded Z-rest) and the folded rear seats cause a sloping transition upward. The Bronco was flat with the inconvenience of the 3" lip.

I'm 5'10" and weigh 180 #'s for reference.

Finally, I was super impressed with the Ford reps I spoke with at the event. They were quite knowledgable as I peppered them with a lot of questions. More for another thread in the future.

_DSC1129.JPG
By any chance did you get more shots of the dash in the outer banks? The videos I’ve seen make it look bronze but if it were actually brown I could maybe get on board with that.

OP
OP

Superstition

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did get a few. I thought it looked pretty good but didn't pay too much attention because I ordered a Badlands. Unfortunately, I can't upload here because the files are too big :(

Here's a link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/cqLoFGDarnytv1de7
Sponsored