Sponsored

Sleeping Inside 2dr - Anyone with experience?

BuckyTheBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on my Basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did a search and only found one thread with some brief discussion and some measurements. But the measurements were to the folded seat, not with a seat delete and the passenger/driver seats fully forward. I'm curious if anyone has utilized something like the Goose Gear setup to successfully sleep in the back of a 2 door. I take delivery in a few weeks, otherwise I wold have gotten the tape measure out myself. Any thoughts?

https://www.goose-gear.com/products...e-for-ford-bronco-2021-present-6th-gen-2-door
Sponsored

clhman

Wildtrak
First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Super-Duty
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I did a search and only found one thread with some brief discussion and some measurements. But the measurements were to the folded seat, not with a seat delete and the passenger/driver seats fully forward. I'm curious if anyone has utilized something like the Goose Gear setup to successfully sleep in the back of a 2 door. I take delivery in a few weeks, otherwise I wold have gotten the tape measure out myself. Any thoughts?

https://www.goose-gear.com/products...e-for-ford-bronco-2021-present-6th-gen-2-door
I hope you are tiny. Just not a lot of room back there. I have only folded the seats up in our two door, but I just don't think there is enough room even with them removed. Appears to be a cool product? Report back if you make it work.

OP
OP
BuckyTheBronco

BuckyTheBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on my Basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hope you are tiny. Just not a lot of room back there. I have only folded the seats up in our two door, but I just don't think there is enough room even with them removed. Appears to be a cool product? Report back if you make it work.
I have a call in to them to get the measurements on the system.

Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was at an off-road event in Florida and a couple in their 20's slept in their 2-door. They had a shelf built inside to level the back and their feet were in the direction of the seats (vs the rear door). They said it was fine.

My wife and I ended up sleeping in our 2-door 1 night due to heavy winds. It was just a bunch of blankets and pillows thrown in. My wife (5'5") slept okay. I (5'8") didn't. Maybe if we had a set-up to level the back, it would have been better. It was more comfortable sitting in the passenger seat and leaning on the door. But I am much, much older than the kids who slept inside - so that might be part of the issue, too.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@AcenTitus Pete will be sleeping in his this week. He's out on an adventure so he may not get this tag until later. He has a DIY half level floor solution.

@618TRVLWILD had done it and is currently doing it on her southerly adventure to KoH with stopovers along the way. She's fun-size so hasn't done a level-floor solution. She has a crib mattress that she has wedged in over the folded rear seats. She looked comfy from the picture she shared.

OP
OP
BuckyTheBronco

BuckyTheBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on my Basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@AcenTitus Pete will be sleeping in his this week. He's out on an adventure so he may not get this tag until later. He has a DIY half level floor solution.

@618TRVLWILD had done it and is currently doing it on her southerly adventure to KoH with stopovers along the way. She's fun-size so hasn't done a level-floor solution. She has a crib mattress that she has wedged in over the folded rear seats. She looked comfy from the picture she shared.
Great info, thank you! I'll look into their posts.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great info, thank you! I'll look into their posts.
I'm pretty sure Pete (@AcenTitus ) posted his DIY half riser solution before so you may want to search his post history as I'm sure he won't be able to see the tag until he gets to where he is going. Pretty sure today is a travel day for him.

OP
OP
BuckyTheBronco

BuckyTheBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on my Basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not sure about sleeping, but my husband and I took my 2 door to the drive-in theatre on Christmas to see the new Matrix movie and tried to make the back as comfortable as possible to lay down in. I'm a 5'7" small female and it wasn't comfortable nor did I have much room. And with as awful as that movie was, I would have much rather been comfortable enough to take a nap...

OP
OP
BuckyTheBronco

BuckyTheBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on my Basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not sure about sleeping, but my husband and I took my 2 door to the drive-in theatre on Christmas to see the new Matrix movie and tried to make the back as comfortable as possible to lay down in. I'm a 5'7" small female and it wasn't comfortable nor did I have much room. And with as awful as that movie was, I would have much rather been comfortable enough to take a nap...
It seems like the rear seat removal is a must then.
Sponsored