First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am going to be looking for a rooftop tent deal. That one posted us a cool idea and will get some interest from me when time comes. Plan to hit some trails in the Rockies and do some camping with the wife and kiddo.

Inside...if I have to I will just sleep in the front seat with it reclined as far back as possible. To me it is not worth the hassle to go much beyond that as I seem to get the same quality sleep.
I remember those days...
hello OP you should read this thread

the 4 door will have alot of space when the rear seats are folded down. But it wont exactly be a flat flush surface. It will be a small incline on the rear seats.

The 2 door will be similar but likely not enough space to lay down

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...d-4-step-up-from-cargo-floor.2519/#post-77642
I don't think the incline will be a problem. There are a lot of ways to solve that problem. I plan on modifying the legs of a cot, or just replacing the legs, or just building a folding cot, to fit the incline and space. I'm just hoping someone out there can get a length dimension on a 4-door interior with the back seats folded down, and the front seats all the way forward.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The one feature I will miss the most out of my Xterra is the rear seats folding flat and the front seat folding forward. Made for easy Homedepot runs. It was a bit awkward, but I was able to get a 4x8 sheet of pegboard in there LOL.

preview-928x522.jpg

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I said it before and I'll say it again. Someone demonstrated to me how the rear seat on the 2-door folds down. Seat bottom flips up and forward, and drops down into the footwell a bit. The seat back then folds flat, similar to the picture of the Xterra above. I don't have any pictures, but I saw it with my own two eyes. Whether or not you choose to believe me is a different matter.
And WITH a step up, correct?

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like! Especially if it's 80lbs. Probably too big for the 2 door though.
probably depends on the size of the roof. Been looking to get a length on the 2door roof. If it fits and stays at the 1200 dollar price point, I’d be tempted.

OP
OP
brokentwig

brokentwig

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I said it before and I'll say it again. Someone demonstrated to me how the rear seat on the 2-door folds down. Seat bottom flips up and forward, and drops down into the footwell a bit. The seat back then folds flat, similar to the picture of the Xterra above. I don't have any pictures, but I saw it with my own two eyes. Whether or not you choose to believe me is a different matter.
I think a big question will be how far forward the front seat goes. Building a platform is not a big deal if there is enough room, but with that big flat dash panel, engineers might not give a lot of seat forward movement. The 2 door will likely have the standard fold-forward design to allow entry into the rear seats, but we'll have to find real answers on the 4 door.

Sponsored
OP
OP
brokentwig

brokentwig

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, with the 4" step up between the cargo floor and the seats. Sorry, I should have made that more clear.
@laj.tuxmek, any way you could help us get dimensions on the interior length between the back of the front seat (all the way forward) and the tailgate? That would answer a plethora of questions about sleeping arrangements.

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well let's hope they don't have a slight incline and they were wrong, but even if it's just a tiny bit (like my '99 Explorer Sport) I'm sure someone in the aftermarket will make a nice sleeping pad that has the correct counter incline to give someone a flat surface to sleep on and you can roll up.

OP
OP
brokentwig

brokentwig

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well let's hope they don't have a slight incline and they were wrong, but even if it's just a tiny bit (like my '99 Explorer Sport) I'm sure someone in the aftermarket will make a nice sleeping pad that has the correct counter incline to give someone a flat surface to sleep on and you can roll up.
Incline doesn't matter, that can be solved with platforms. I'm not sure why everyone keeps going back to this. Maybe everyone's short, and length doesn't matter. All that matter's to me is the length of the space. You can always build/buy/jerry-rig a platform to lift you up level, but no platform allows you to go longer if there is no space.

everetto

Badlands
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford GT, 2019 Shelby GT350R, 2018 Raptor 150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What if you remove the rear seats? Is the floor then level between where the seats mount and the rear compartment? Sorry if someone already answered this, I did not see it.
Sponsored