First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What if you remove the rear seats? Is the floor then level between where the seats mount and the rear compartment? Sorry if someone already answered this, I did not see it.
I’m not sure how removing the rear seats would bring more interior length to the table.
Sponsored

everetto

Badlands
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford GT, 2019 Shelby GT350R, 2018 Raptor 150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not sure how removing the rear seats would bring more interior length to the table.
I am not asking in regards to length, I am asking if once the rear seats are removed, if it is a level platform from the back of front seats to the very rear of the vehicle. There may have been some pics out there showing the floor where the rear seats mount but I have not seen them.

OP
OP
brokentwig

brokentwig

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not asking in regards to length, I am asking if once the rear seats are removed, if it is a level platform from the back of front seats to the very rear of the vehicle. There may have been some pics out there showing the floor where the rear seats mount but I have not seen them.
I think it’s confirmed there is about a 4” step up where the back seats fold forward, and then they lay at a “slight” incline.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-incline-and-4-step-up-from-cargo-floor.2519/

everetto

Badlands
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford GT, 2019 Shelby GT350R, 2018 Raptor 150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it’s confirmed there is about a 4” step up where the back seats fold forward, and then they lay at a “slight” incline.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-incline-and-4-step-up-from-cargo-floor.2519/
If so then I misunderstood, thinking that the seat itself, when semi flat, was the 4 inch step that everyone is talking about. If there is a 4 inch step with the seats removed, then with the seat installed and folded flat, the thickness of the seat itself is really going to add to that 4 inch step, right? It is sounding more and more like this rear section is not very user friendly in a lot of ways.

Here is my specific question for anyone who may know - is the step highlighted in this pic level with the rear compartment surface? Thanks in advance.
Ford Bronco Sleeping space / platform in the new Bronco seats.JPG

Last edited:

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I said it before and I'll say it again. Someone demonstrated to me how the rear seat on the 2-door folds down. Seat bottom flips up and forward, and drops down into the footwell a bit. The seat back then folds flat, similar to the picture of the Xterra above. I don't have any pictures, but I saw it with my own two eyes. Whether or not you choose to believe me is a different matter.
I have a question about this "slight incline" that everyone seems to be getting their shorts in a wad over.

I hope I can articulate this in a way that makes sense: When the seat is folded down, if you apply weight to the back of the seat (like would happen if you laid down on it or put cargo on it), does the cushion in the seat back squish down so that the seat is actually flat when under load?

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If so then I misunderstood, thinking that the seat itself, when semi flat, was the 4 inch step that everyone is talking about. If there is a 4 inch step with the seats removed, then with the seat installed and folded flat, the thickness of the seat itself is really going to add to that 4 inch step, right? It is sounding more and more like this rear section is not very user friendly in a lot of ways.

Here is my specific question for anyone who may know - is the step highlighted in this pic level with the rear compartment surface? Thanks in advance.
Ford Bronco Sleeping space / platform in the new Bronco seats.JPG
Sure dont look like it. Im guessing a 2 or 3 inch drop where the back of the seat bottom attaches and another step down for the footwell. That throws the truckbed type rear out the window. But with the seats folded and the slide out tray installed and extended The rear should be pretty flat and long. if you have the glass up on the hardtop it should make a pretty nice mostly covered sleeping area. Even better with an awning. I cant find the measurements now maybe on ford.com but fully enclosed seats down and fronts forward seemed to ad up to about 75" approximately.

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like its unlikely in a Bronco. I'm 6'1" and only just fit in an xterra and it is bigger than the bronco. Maybe with a slight angle you could do it.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is the rear of the 2-door:
Ford Bronco Sleeping space / platform in the new Bronco 1595444614754

Don't focus on how the rear seat is folded down - it was done incorrectly. Look instead at the lighter colored BRACKETS that secure the seat; they are apparently 4" high - and according to laj.tuxmec they aren't Designed to be removed. So, once the rear seat cushion is swiveled forward to stand upright against the front seat back, the rear folds semi-flat, with the rear headrests sticking up like a sore thumb.

That creates a 2-tiered load floor. If you buy the accessory tray below, supposedly the load floor becomes somewhat even.
Ford Bronco Sleeping space / platform in the new Bronco 1595444985760

As there are at least 4 threads on the forum dealing with this issue, hopefully Ford will release some meaningful photos soon.

OP
OP
brokentwig

brokentwig

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like its unlikely in a Bronco. I'm 6'1" and only just fit in an xterra and it is bigger than the bronco. Maybe with a slight angle you could do it.
I bet it’s tight.

Sponsored

BigAl

Base
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yah, I enjoy fabricating stuff anyway. At 6'-3" though, the real question is whether there's enough room.
FWIW my 06 Pilot is similar in exterior dimensions and I built a platform that allows me (I'm 6ft) and my wife to sleep comfortably without moving the front seats up at all. It might be tight but if you build one with an extension and move the front seat up I think you could make it work

IMG_2010.jpg

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That 2nd row roof access really gets the creative juices flowing.
Ford Bronco Sleeping space / platform in the new Bronco IMG_2010
Yep. This is what I am hoping to see in the aftermarket. The basic structure is there for it already.

KaneNorth

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m 5’11 and the back of my wrangler four door is far too cramped to sleep in, I’d have to throw all my camping gear, my dometic fridge and tools outside to make room. Which is why I went with a rooftop tent. The bronco is something like 1” longer with roughly the same cargo area.
Sponsored