First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m 5’11 and the back of my wrangler four door is far too cramped to sleep in, I’d have to throw all my camping gear, my dometic fridge and tools outside to make room. Which is why I went with a rooftop tent. The bronco is something like 1” longer with roughly the same cargo area.
So....your 4 door is long enough but you bring too much stuff with you, or it’s not long enough?
Sponsored

BigAl

Base
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lol your level of dirt dirtbaggery certainly impacts the sleeping setup. We toss everything in the front seats/roof box and leave the cooler out or just sitting on the roof. A rooftop tent would be nice but the platform only cost me $80 to build

KaneNorth

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So....your 4 door is long enough but you bring too much stuff with you, or it’s not long enough?
It was long enough to sleep curled up, I usually like to sprawl out in bed which is why I enjoy my rooftop tent, lots of room, and a comforable matress without having to sacrifice interior cargo space. I tend to go well equiped when I go camping as I usually don't do light overnight trips, I'll be out all week or longer in the backcountry. Would work fine I suppose if your're not a large person and built a platform to get you above the slope of the rear seats and have room to store your stuff under the bed instead of take up one side of the cargo area.

Last edited:
OP
OP
brokentwig

brokentwig

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, not
It was long enough to sleep curled up, I usually like to sprawl out in bed which is why I enjoy my rooftop tent, lots of room, and a comforable matress without having to sacrifice interior cargo space. I tend to go well equiped when I go camping as I usually don't do light overnight trips, I'll be out all week or longer in the backcountry. Would work fine I suppose if your're not a large person and built a platform to get you above the slope of the rear seats and have room to store your stuff under the bed instead of take up one side of the cargo area.
It seems like the 4 door might be long enough:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...unts-suspension-sasquatch-stubby-bumper.2798/

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve been contemplating lately if a 4 door would be overkill for me as far as interior sleeping room/moving drums ?.
I like the idea of being able to sleep inside my bronco comfortably.
I currently have a Scion FR-S and at 5’5 I’m cramped laying back in the front seat.
as long as I can recline all the way I think I’d be good, but I imagine the 4 door would be comfiest??‍♂
Sponsored