First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Supra, 2005 Viper and 2002 NSX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just got done applying Chemical Guys Ceramic on Slick the Bronco. It will never be cleaner than now. Shadow black looks amazing on the Bronco it may drive my OCD nuts long term;)
I will also say it’s probably the best paint job I’ve ever seen from the Ford factory. It’s actually fully painted everywhere and almost no orange peel.
Ford Bronco Slick the Bronco Will Never Be Cleaner After Ceramic Coating Applied B46EC75F-4933-4D7F-8995-21DB59EDC792

42513C96-05A1-4127-B154-55F7959A81E3.jpeg
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Applied the same ceramic coating to my wife's shadow black Escape this past summer.

Awesome stuff... and application was extremely easy once I figured out what the heck I was doing wrong. That shadow black paint gets REAL hot when it is sunny outside, and the ceramic coating cures before you even finish applying it when the paint is hot. Had to wait for a cooler, cloudy day to get it done.

Can't even imagine how hot that vehicle must get in Florida if you park outside. Could probably cook breakfast on the hood if you want.

OP
OP
FastRice

FastRice

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep it will get hot here, used to live in Arizona though and way hotter there and on a black vehicle there it’s painful. Like literally you touch a black vehicle in July and burn yourself.

Sponsored

joeb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wondering if I can safely apply this on ppf?

Thank you
Just got done applying Chemical Guys Ceramic on Slick the Bronco. It will never be cleaner than now. Shadow black looks amazing on the Bronco it may drive my OCD nuts long term;)
I will also say it’s probably the best paint job I’ve ever seen from the Ford factory. It’s actually fully painted everywhere and almost no orange peel.
Ford Bronco Slick the Bronco Will Never Be Cleaner After Ceramic Coating Applied 42513C96-05A1-4127-B154-55F7959A81E3

Ford Bronco Slick the Bronco Will Never Be Cleaner After Ceramic Coating Applied 42513C96-05A1-4127-B154-55F7959A81E3

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Looks amazing!

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks awesome! Any pro tips regarding applying the ceramic coating?

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get grief at work because I refuse to drive in the rain. As a matter of fact I've only put 700 miles on it since bringing it home in July. I spent days cleaning the thing and don't want it nasty during winter, lol.

OP
OP
FastRice

FastRice

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks awesome! Any pro tips regarding applying the ceramic coating?
It’s all in the prep. Starts with washing it at least twice with a soap designed to help remove waxes and oils.
Next a good clay bar session using that same soapy water.
Then depending on the paint condition is the buffing stage make sure you use compounds and polishes that don’t have wax in them. Since mine was brand new and was in great shape I just did a hand polish to remove the light scratches and swirls.
Next up the is distilled water ibusysol alcohol mix to do that last bit of surface prep.
Last apply in small sections using a cross hatch (up and down then side to side) apply the ceramic coat and then wipe that area with a new clean microfiber towel each small section within 1-2minutes.
I recommend applying two coats of ceramic. Do the second one a few hours after the first.

MizzouBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s all in the prep. Starts with washing it at least twice with a soap designed to help remove waxes and oils.
Next a good clay bar session using that same soapy water.
Then depending on the paint condition is the buffing stage make sure you use compounds and polishes that don’t have wax in them. Since mine was brand new and was in great shape I just did a hand polish to remove the light scratches and swirls.
Next up the is distilled water ibusysol alcohol mix to do that last bit of surface prep.
Last apply in small sections using a cross hatch (up and down then side to side) apply the ceramic coat and then wipe that area with a new clean microfiber towel each small section within 1-2minutes.
I recommend applying two coats of ceramic. Do the second one a few hours after the first.
I just can't fathom people having time to do this frequently. Maybe when my kid grows up. :D

Looks truly amazing though.

OP
OP
FastRice

FastRice

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just can't fathom people having time to do this frequently. Maybe when my kid grows up. :D

Looks truly amazing though.
Thanks. It’s my therapy as weird as that may seem.
The time up front saves you a bunch long term on keeping it clean and shiny.
Sponsored