Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There has to be some place in the drive line to deal with the fore/aft movement of the driveshaft as the rear axle wraps up. Mine is in the middle, but doesn’t appear serviceable.

9BB4CECE-1FFF-4580-9A5B-73924FD466B7.jpeg
Oh my bad, I thought you were talking about where it enters the t-case like f150’s. But yeah I guess that would make sense. The workshop manual doesn’t say anything about that section being serviceable, but I’d be curious to see if that is the concern.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just started noticing a slight jolt when taking off from a stop a couple weeks ago. It happens about 50% of the time and it feels like the transmission is shifting for whatever reason and almost feels like the Auto Start/Stop but it's not it and even happens when that is turned off. I really only feel it in the brake pedal. Has anybody else experience anything like this?
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s brake concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

el_juice

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Been having this issue too, still under 1k miles on my Bronco. Anyone find any new information out about this yet? I'm contacting my dealer next week but would love to know as much as I can.

thehulk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E63S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I started to notice this a couple of weeks back as well. I have about 9000km on the car now.

thehulk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E63S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just started noticing a slight jolt when taking off from a stop a couple weeks ago. It happens about 50% of the time and it feels like the transmission is shifting for whatever reason and almost feels like the Auto Start/Stop but it's not it and even happens when that is turned off. I really only feel it in the brake pedal. Has anybody else experience anything like this?
Any progress on figuring out the cause of this issue?

Sponsored

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have noticed what feels like the rear brakes holding a bit longer than the front brakes when I release the pedal. 10k miles now. Started noticing it maybe around 8k.

I never use the parking brake unless I'm intending to get under the vehicle for an oil change or something but it seems that after engaging the parking brake then releasing it, its not there or as noticeable for a while. Still trialing this theory. OP, does it feel like rear brake drag?

OP
OP
Tdifonzo

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have noticed what feels like the rear brakes holding a bit longer than the front brakes when I release the pedal. 10k miles now. Started noticing it maybe around 8k.

I never use the parking brake unless I'm intending to get under the vehicle for an oil change or something but it seems that after engaging the parking brake then releasing it, its not there or as noticeable for a while. Still trialing this theory. OP, does it feel like rear brake drag?
No, it's not that. I'm 99% sure it's the slip yoke. It only happens if when I come to a "slightly spirited" stop. If the nose dives and then comes back up I can feel it when the nose comes back up. If I let off of the brakes a bit while the nose is diving to let it come up slowly then I don't feel it until I let off the brakes completely on takeoff.

The Ford dealer near me is worthless and told me it will be at least 11 days with no loaner for any type of service. I asked if I could schedule a service and was told it would still take at least 11 days. Makes zero sense. Warranty Schmorranty.

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

I am experiencing what you are referring to. Like the auto/hill hold is taking a bit to release. Did you ever find a resolution? I have a 22 WT with almost 6k miles.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am experiencing what you are referring to. Like the auto/hill hold is taking a bit to release. Did you ever find a resolution? I have a 22 WT with almost 6k miles.
No, I havent taken it in yet either. seems like if I engage the parking brake and release it, its less noticeable for a while. Still testing this out

PGBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Starting to feel this too in my 2 door Wildtrak. Anyone hear back from Ford?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tdifonzo

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Starting to feel this too in my 2 door Wildtrak. Anyone hear back from Ford?
My dealer said they couldn't feel it. I told them to test it again and they felt it, said it was "normal," but that they couldn't do anything about it because there wasn't a Ford TSB on it. *SIGH*

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My dealer said they couldn't feel it. I told them to test it again and they felt it, said it was "normal," but that they couldn't do anything about it because there wasn't a Ford TSB on it. *SIGH*
Same, Ford needs to get a TSB on this thump, so many of us have it. There are threads on this site where users with good dealers have fixed the issue with a new driveshaft.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same, Ford needs to get a TSB on this thump, so many of us have it. There are threads on this site where users with good dealers have fixed the issue with a new driveshaft.
I have this issue to. Sometimes it thumps pretty good and seems to be getting a little worse. I just chalked it up to normal driveline slack, but maybe I'll try a driveshaft anyway and report back.

BigfootArea51

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same issue. It almost depends on where the tires are in rotation. I can stop at a light and move up a couple times before it thumps. Planning to schedule this with my oil change to see what they can figure out. And I’ll drive a tech to show them so I don’t get a we could t replicate the problem response.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have this issue to. Sometimes it thumps pretty good and seems to be getting a little worse. I just chalked it up to normal driveline slack, but maybe I'll try a driveshaft anyway and report back.
If you haven’t seen the other threads, it was claimed to be the front driveshaft. Mine is getting worse and happens more routinely, started over a year ago.
Sponsored