Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

UPDATE 9/30/23

AMAZING NEWS!!

i had almost completely given up when I found another member here that said they submitted an auto claim thru the BBB. So in a last ditch effort that’s what I did. And I’m so glad I did because I was FINALLY approved to receive a replacement roof 🎉🎉.

So don’t give up guys. There is hope! Not sure how long it’ll take to receive the roof but good news was that it was ordered and it will be covered!

——————————————-
7/26/22 Update: I’ve reached out to the customer rep at Ford several times in the last few weeks but have now officially been ghosted. I spoke with the representative assigned to my case on 6/24/22, they reopened my case and have not heard anything back since. I have sent 5 emails since our conversation in June and the rep has apparently decided to officially ghost me. So for anyone else having issues like mine just know Ford will not assist. They’re essentially saying it’s my problem since nobody else has, according to them, reported cracks in the roof. So we’ll see if anything progresses but it seems like Ford has officially stepped back and have washed their hands of assisting me any further with my defective roof. Hope y’all get better assistance than me if you experience cracks in the MIC roof. I will reach out to my dealer as well since the Ford social media rep suggested I do so. But that’s as far as I’ve gotten. Their customer service department is just refusing to help me at this point. 🤷‍♀️

——————————————-
Has anyone else experienced this? I’ve seen how other issues are developing in the roofs but I couldn’t find anything about cracks? It’s very small but you can tell it’s only the beginning. Not really sure who I can contact. Emailed my dealer but they just told me to bring it in. They weren’t sure. Had a email for a lady at Ford Motors but no response. Any suggestions?

i have not put anything on the roof so that reasoning couldn’t be the cause and I haven’t even taken the roof off yet. It’s located on the passenger side right near the window.
Ford Bronco Small Crack Appearing in MIC 2.0 Roof 9978AEBC-A677-47C8-9269-4C2C7CC113FC
Ford Bronco Small Crack Appearing in MIC 2.0 Roof 91958C0F-18CA-4471-A813-69A0EECF6045
Ford Bronco Small Crack Appearing in MIC 2.0 Roof B267CDD6-867D-4BD8-B79F-FD1AB116FE7B
Sponsored

Last edited:

ArrickSports

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy HHR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone else experienced this? I’ve seen how other issues are developing in the roofs but I couldn’t find anything about cracks? It’s very small but you can tell it’s only the beginning. Not really sure who I can contact. Emailed my dealer but they just told me to bring it in. They weren’t sure. Had a email for a lady at Ford Motors but no response. Any suggestions?

i have not put anything on the roof so that reasoning couldn’t be the cause and I haven’t even taken the roof off yet. It’s located on the passenger side right near the window.
Ford Bronco Small Crack Appearing in MIC 2.0 Roof B267CDD6-867D-4BD8-B79F-FD1AB116FE7B
Interesting, it looks like two discrete cracks to me. Almost like there was an impact and a crack started at the top and at the bottom of the impact. The only trouble with that thought is the surface doesn't look marred.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ash, you location indicates CA. Can you elaborate on the weather conditions where you live? i.e. overnight cold/warm daytime temp fluctuation

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ashventure

Ashventure

Base
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ash, you location indicates CA. Can you elaborate on the weather conditions where you live? i.e. overnight cold/warm daytime temp fluctuation
We’ve had a combo of some really cold nights with it being 80 in the day time for the last month or so. Maybe it has to do with fluctuations in temp? I think some nights it dipped into the lower 40s but not much colder than that. We’ve had rain off n on too

OP
OP
Ashventure

Ashventure

Base
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Interesting, it looks like two discrete cracks to me. Almost like there was an impact and a crack started at the top and at the bottom of the impact. The only trouble with that thought is the surface doesn't look marred.
Hmm I think you’re right. It doesn’t quite meet in the middle… probably going to have to take her in next weekend to see what the dealer says.

Sponsored

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow, hope they don’t deny the claim for some reason.

OP
OP
Ashventure

Ashventure

Base
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you wax the top?
Nope. Just washed it with some good ol soap n water. Haven’t put any chemicals on it.
Sponsored