Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If they didn’t properly fix the swelling issue in v2.0, but toughened the outer shell, I could see this as the result. An eventual cracking.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If they didn’t properly fix the swelling issue in v2.0, but toughened the outer shell, I could see this as the result. An eventual cracking.
That is what I was hinting at with the temperature fluctuations. It is a possibility if there is a 40 degree swing in temperature as @Ashventure alluded to.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nope. Just washed it with some good ol soap n water. Haven’t put any chemicals on it.
Sorry inside joke. When there were first complaints about the MIC 1.0, the first folks were accused of waxing the top and that produced the 'snake skin' appearance.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

That is what I was hinting at with the temperature fluctuations. It is a possibility if there is a 40 degree swing in temperature as @Ashventure alluded to.
40 degrees shouldn’t be enough to do this. We swung almost 60 degrees Thursday. -20 to +36. Maybe not normal, but 40 degrees shouldn’t cause this. It would be different if it were two materials with vastly different coefficient of thermal expansions.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If water got in it and froze, I would agree. Going from 80 - 40 shouldn’t cause this. Windows are held in with gasketing. Wasn’t there some type of plate on the backside of the window right there?

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually accidently cracked mine today. My 2.0 MIC was already pealing on delivery. I lifted it away even so slightly and it cracked a good 2 inches. I don't see how the manufacture can screw these up so much as they also make the Wrangle tops?

Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh jeez.

If temp swings are an issue, people with heated garages in the winter are going to be subjecting it to like 60f+ differences.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If water got in it and froze, I would agree. Going from 80 - 40 shouldn’t cause this. Windows are held in with gasketing. Wasn’t there some type of plate on the backside of the window right there?
I agree. The v1.0 tops were swelling from the moister in the air. So, if that wasn’t completely fixed... 🤷‍♂️

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I agree. The v1.0 tops were swelling from the moister in the air. So, if that wasn’t completely fixed... 🤷‍♂️
Well, we’ve all seen what cardboard can do with water, so maybe, but that would have to be a lot of water IMHO.

OP
OP
Ashventure

Ashventure

Base
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i know I know. It’s been a minute lol. Been super busy over the last few months. But I FINALLY got her over to the dealer last week. They took photos and sent them over to Ford. Ford wrote back that the request was denied because they felt it was cause by a rock. 😑 There is zero evidence that this was a rock. If something hit my roof to cause these cracks there would be some sort of dent or indication of impact. There is none of that. And now more recently there are very fine line cracks developing around the bottom edge under the passenger window.

I’m trying to pursue it with Ford because I felt that response was wrong and so did the service manager at my dealer. He’s trying to appeal it on his end as well.

Up to this point Ford had been great to work with. When my radiator blew because it had a pin hole (most likely caused during installation) they helped replace it. But now I’m getting pushback on the roof, which let’s be honest, was not great to begin with.

Will update when I have anything to report.
Sponsored