Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I bought it an took it home after they closed, last Tuesday. I noticed it right away, thought it was just a scratch.

I am taking it back in today for them to look at it.
aw dang. Hopefully they can get it fixed for you. Keep us updated!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ashventure

Ashventure

Base
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Have you thought about pursuing small claims court?
i haven’t considered it. Feels like that would be an even bigger headache especially since I don’t know if there’s any way to prove it’s a faulty roof. I kinda knew getting into this vehicle that it would come with a few headaches, unfortunately. Thankfully when my radiator blew they replaced it under warranty right away. at this point the roof is more of an irritation than anything else. Ya it’s frustrating but it doesn’t hinder the operation of the vehicle, at least at this point. So for now I’ll just see how things turn out.

I think the most helpful thing Is that everyone experiencing this issue needs to let voice it with Ford. If enough of us show them this is an actual issue maybe they will actually do a recall and replace the bad roofs. Because when I spoke with the lady at ford she told me nobody else had reported this issue. So anyone that is seeing cracks really really needs to make Ford aware.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A lot of these cracks seem to be next to the rear windows. Do you think someone at the factory is improperly beating them into place thus cracking the top in the process?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ashventure

Ashventure

Base
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A lot of these cracks seem to be next to the rear windows. Do you think someone at the factory is improperly beating them into place thus cracking the top in the process?
not really sure. 🤔 I think it has to do with the formulation of the roof materials. Just don’t think the company producing roofs has it down. Though it’s probably several diff factors involved.
Plus mine is already version two. So even if they did replace mine the possibility of this happening to another is still pretty high since I dont believe they’ve figured it out yet.

Cyberman

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Toyota Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dealer is filing a claim... :Fingers crossed:

Cyberman

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Toyota Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What was your outcome?
I took it to the dealer yesterday. They just called to tell me the replacement came with no glass, and they can't transfer my glass to it, so they are now getting new side glass for it.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took it to the dealer yesterday. They just called to tell me the replacement came with no glass, and they can't transfer my glass to it, so they are now getting new side glass for it.
You can't make this stuff up. Well at least it's progress.

Sponsored

Cyberman

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Toyota Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In case anyone is interested, the glass came in and one side arrived cracked. Went to pick up the Bronco until they get the top together, and they broke the parking brake switch. So now they have two things to replace.

Cyberman

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Toyota Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another follow up. They fixed the parking brake and I brought it home. When I picked it up, they said the second piece of glass they ordered was also cracked, in almost the same place.

Cyberman

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Toyota Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
l'd like to report an end to my story (well almost).
Today, I finally took my Bronco back for the replacement top this morning. They contracted an outside company to install the glass, and it was ready for pickup at the end of the day.

They re-use the rear glass, and in the process, managed to break the tabs that hold on the hinge covers. Apparently, it's impossible to remove them without breaking the tabs. They mounted them temporarily, as the replacements they ordered are on backorder (no surprise there).

So, technically I'm fixed, after starting this journey back on 10/18/22.

72F262

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BB 2D, '18 GT350, '72 F250 2wd, '72 Mach 1 CJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a TSB on MIC cracking. If you pay the fee for temporary access to the manuals, etc. on motorcraftservice.com, you'll get to see what Ford is telling dealers to cover / not cover as warrantied, with photos. I should've saved the one on the tops.
Sponsored