Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus Gx 460
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure what to do. I have a build that is full of constraints and willing to wait but afraid of wasting time with dealership. Very frustrated with wait, but encouraged at the last run and saw many early reservations being picked for production.

Spoke with dealership today and tried to get some clear answers... I could not get a simple definitive answer, but believe I am around #14 on list at dealership with 8/17/20 reservation. Shockingly I learned they have sold/delivered 6 Broncos.... 6.... Total. Does this ultimately mean I should expect my Bronco in 2024 with this dealership? Not sure what to do, I have exhausted my sales guy and spoken to GM that didn't have additional answers. Cant find anyone at Ford that has the answer either. Do I try to change dealership? Does it matter?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the size of the dealer does not matter. What does matter is the number of allocations relative to the number of orders they have and their past sales performance.

You said you were order #14 at your dealer, and according to your signature you reserved August 17th, 2020… which is over a month after the reservation system opened. At my dealer there was 27 orders in the first day. I‘m personally #38 at my dealer and reserved July 21st, 2020. The July reservations with lots of constraints are just now starting to get build dates at my dealer…. the vast majority of those after who reserved in August or later are still waiting.

At some dealers there was 27 orders within the first minute after reservations opened. If you ordered at Granger (bad example, but they’ve made their info public), for example, you would be around order ~#380.

So sure, you could be at a larger dealer that is getting a dozen or so Broncos per month. But if you are order… say… #200 at that dealer, are you really helping yourself?? Maybe, maybe not… it is basically impossible to know since very few dealers forthcoming with their past sales performance.

At this point it is impossible to switch dealers anyway. So I would just stick it out and see what happens in the next few months. If you do want to switch dealers, you will have to wait until you get pushed to the 2023MY. And we’ve recieved no word yet from Ford if they are allowing dealer transfers on reservation orders. They did for the 2022MY, but it wasn’t a seamless process at all unless both your older dealer and your new dealer were willing to play along (many people tried but very few people were successful).

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the size of the dealer does not matter. What does matter is the number of allocations relative to the number of orders they have and their past sales performance.

You said you were order #14 at your dealer, and according to your signature you reserved August 17th, 2020… which is over a month after the reservation system opened. At my dealer there was 27 orders in the first day. I‘m personally #38 at my dealer and reserved July 21st, 2020. The July reservations with lots of constraints are just now starting to get build dates at my dealer…. the vast majority of those after who reserved in August or later are still waiting.

At some dealers there was 27 orders within the first minute after reservations opened. If you ordered at Granger (bad example, but they’ve made their info public), for example, you would be around order ~#380.

So sure, you could be at a larger dealer that is getting a dozen or so Broncos per month. But if you are order… say… #200 at that dealer, are you really helping yourself?? Maybe, maybe not… it is basically impossible to know since very few dealers forthcoming with their past sales performance.

At this point it is impossible to switch dealers anyway. So I would just stick it out and see what happens in the next few months. If you do want to switch dealers, you will have to wait until you get pushed to the 2023MY. And we’ve recieved no word yet from Ford if they are allowing dealer transfers on reservation orders. They did for the 2022MY, but it wasn’t a seamless process at all unless both your older dealer and your new dealer were willing to play along (many people tried but very few people were successful).
You had successful reservations either to or from your dealership? I know of dozens of folks who were denied or just never heard back from Ford, waited for Ford to tell them yes or no, made zero mention of both dealers needing to be involved, and while waiting to reorder in October 21', other folks were ordering and using up allocations lol.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You had successful reservations either to or from your dealership? I know of dozens of folks who were denied or just never heard back from Ford, waited for Ford to tell them yes or no, made zero mention of both dealers needing to be involved, and while waiting to reorder in October 21', other folks were ordering and using up allocations lol.
Yeah people have been able to do it successfully. I know old neighbor who reserved at the same dealer I did changed to a Florida dealer after he moved down south.

My cousin also successfully transferred from a Washington dealer to his local dealer in Alaska. Plan was to have the Bronco delivered to a dealer near my brother's house (in WA) and the two of them would go on an epic camping/fishing trip in his new Bronco up through Canada to Alaska. But after Canada closed down the border last fall due to Covid they had to cancel those plans. (Ended up not mattering anyway because he never got scheduled, and now my brother's wife is pregnant so he ain't going anywhere for awhile ;) .)

But in both of those cases, the dealers were willing to do the transfer. Seems to be If the two dealers are willing to do the transfer it is fairly easy to do. If not... definitely not easy, basically impossible. Which sucks for all of the people running away from dealer markups.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah people have been able to do it successfully. I know old neighbor who reserved at the same dealer I did changed to a Florida dealer after he moved down south.

My cousin also successfully transferred from a Washington dealer to his local dealer in Alaska. Plan was to have the Bronco delivered to a dealer near my brother's house (in WA) and the two of them would go on an epic camping/fishing trip in his new Bronco up through Canada to Alaska. But after Canada closed down the border last fall due to Covid they had to cancel those plans. (Ended up not mattering anyway because he never got scheduled, and now my brother's wife is pregnant so he ain't going anywhere for awhile ;) .)

But in both of those cases, the dealers were willing to do the transfer. Seems to be If the two dealers are willing to do the transfer it is fairly easy to do. If not... definitely not easy, basically impossible. Which sucks for all of the people running away from dealer markups.
Yeah those were both circumstances involving logistics. I'm talking trying to transfer due to dealer shenanigans, zero information, refusing to answer questions, etc. Those folks got the shaft....in other words Ford told those customers where they could or couldn't spend their money. I talked to at least 5 different CS people, none of them mentioned needing to have both dealers involved, just that I have a case number and it's under review and I should here something in two weeks.....then it was a month....then they said they would contact me when something was decided. I gave up just like everyone else.
Sponsored