Sponsored

Smaller tires on Sasquatch - 295/70/17 ?

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t know but that makes sense.

According to everyone else, though, you’re going to need some mud flaps regardless because suddenly that’s the popular opinion here and we all know Americans would rather parrot what they hear than think critically.
chuckling... While a substantial number of people fall prey to the fallacy that everyone else thinks like them and has the same opinions, it is a much rarer breed that articulates that belief by claiming something that 'everyone' knows. This is some delicious irony here, thank you for the entertainment.
Sponsored

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I edited that out a minute ago. But yeah, suddenly mud flaps are where it’s at and it’s almost like a social experiment to watch.
People migrate to like-minded opinions. The internet just amplifies it.

You won’t see me commenting in a thread about something I don’t like because I don’t click it. It’s not some phenomenon. There’s a *lot* of people on this forum with tons of different experiences and opinions. Most of us aren’t negative and going into threads of things we dislike just to dog on them.

So yea, naturally you’ll see people voicing support for the topic at hand more than opposition.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Let’s be honest. No one likes the look of mud flaps on a Bronco.
I guess I’m the only one then! I like the gatorback look - Now the price is another story.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There is also some trail armor that covers the rocker panel. I am not sure what modifications may be necessary if you have steps or sliders.

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you’re telling us you’re not dogging mud flaps and the people who prefer them over side steps? 😂
I think you are mixing me up. I didn’t say anything negative about mud flaps previously in this thread.

Sponsored

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For me i'm not a big fan of the mud flap look, but if necessary I'll get them to avoid my paint getting beat up.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
chuckling... While a substantial number of people fall prey to the fallacy that everyone else thinks like them and has the same opinions, it is a much rarer breed that articulates that belief by claiming something that 'everyone' knows. This is some delicious irony here, thank you for the entertainment.
I’m sorry I have no idea what your point was.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A long time ago a friend and I were driving from Eastern PA (Allentown area) to my house in Indiana. Along the way we kept seeing buzzing hornets (F1 US livery for Benson & Hedges), or sport compact cars with blue painters tape all over the leading edges of their cars, be it the hood, spoilers, wheel well arches, etc. They had no shame and budget for tape, it was everywhere. The RV industry has a product called Diamond Shield, and they take the same approach, put it everywhere exposed to wind, rocks and use. Door edges, front caps, wheel arches, etc. My Volvo S60R came with it applied on the first foot of the hood, the door edges, the mirror caps, the splash areas of the wheel arches, etc. It's cheap and can be easily removed on a hot day with some goof-off and a persistent pull. Rocks can't touch the stuff and you can get bulk rolls for fairly cheap.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guys, you don’t have to uglify your new Bronco with mud flaps. And I don’t quite understand why mud flaps are all the rage the past week.

Get some sliders or steps instead.
Doesn't sasq come with rock rails already? I assumed the OP wanted more than rock rails.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let’s be honest. No one likes the look of mud flaps on a Bronco.
I would agree that mud flaps vs. no mud flaps, the choice is no mud flaps - The vehicle looks best without them.

However, mud flaps vs. lots of rock chips? I'll take mud flaps all day long. Long term, it'll look much better with mud flaps than damaged paint.

And side steps vs. mud flaps - If you need the side steps to get in and our of your vehicle, then that'd a good option plus it'll help with the chips. However from a purely aesthetic standpoint, I still prefer the mud flaps.

Plus the Gatorbak ones you can remove the lower portion when you go off-roading to gain some additional ground clearance, which is handy.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is also some trail armor that covers the rocker panel. I am not sure what modifications may be necessary if you have steps or sliders.
It's been confirmed that the trail armor rocker panels work with side steps, not sure about rock rails. The forum member who installed the rocker armor on his FE with side steps said it was a little bit of a pain with the steps already installed, but he was able to do it.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think it's the tread pattern that picks up and throws the rocks. Look for one with a wider groove between treads in a 305.
Sponsored