Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The new SmarterHome or Smart Garage hoist is now showing available for Bronco. For me, it looks like one of the better solutions available, especially for those that don't want something like a TopLiftPros unit taking up space on the floor. The video demonstrates the use of the unit and everything looks well thought out. They have a place to store the front two pieces and the suggestion to store the middle piece in a bag on top. This will probably be the unit that I end up picking up.

Smart Garage Hard Top Lifter

Sponsored

Last edited:

RunNGunArk

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

interesting
I have a lange hoist in my garage currently for my JL. Based on how that hoist attaches, im pretty sure i can craft some straps to use my current lange hoist for my bronco..
Lange has J Hooks that connect to jeep top in front and added brackets to back window hinges and has 2 clips to hook the back of the hoist to. I suspect i can make a criss cross strap system to lift the bronco top with.. keep hoping lange comes out with bronco version. (They made an adaptation for the hoist in moving from JK to JL..) The bluetooth winch setup is quite nice compared to my boat trailer style winch (i use my drill to raise/lower the jeep top)...

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just bought everything today for my hoist to install in the garage. I spent less than $200 for an electric winch, straps and hardware. $700 for a hoist to take off your top is a ripoff.

Screenshot_20220314-134102_Amazon Shopping.jpg

OP
OP
Wolfeman

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just bought everything today for my hoist to install in the garage. I spent less than $200 for an electric winch, straps and hardware. $700 for a hoist to take off your top is a ripoff.

Ford Bronco SmarterHome Smart Garage Bronco Hoist Screenshot_20220314-134102_Amazon Shoppin
Looking forward to seeing your setup in action when you get everything installed. Please post a few pictures here and a video of it in action, if you can.

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looking forward to seeing your setup in action when you get everything installed. Please post a few pictures here and a video of it in action, if you can.
I already planned on taking some pictures. There are videos all over YouTube using ATV winches and hoists like I bought. The ATV winches are less than $100 but I didn't want it hooked up to a car battery.

Sponsored

Potluck99

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 CJ5, 1977 J10, 2022 Lowrider ST
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Way cheaper than that manual “Top Lift Pro” thing-
I’m stoked on it. But I need to adjust to get the top level.

CypressCajun

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely interested in this as well!

OP
OP
Wolfeman

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got mine installed over the weekend. I wanted to be able to purchase a complete solution and I like the fact that it lowers very slowly so I can make sure I get it placed exactly where I need it. It's designed to hold the larger shell and the middle top as well. I have the middle top bag on order with my dealer but used an old quilt today while taking the top off with it for the first time. I now have plenty of room to park underneath whether I back up or pull straight in.

Here are some pictures of my lifter and a short video of me using it for the first time (pardon the clumsiness).

I have an affiliate link if someone wants to order using it - Smart Garage Hardtop Lifter for Bronco

Ford Bronco SmarterHome Smart Garage Bronco Hoist IMG_5271.JPG
Ford Bronco SmarterHome Smart Garage Bronco Hoist IMG_5274.JPG
Ford Bronco SmarterHome Smart Garage Bronco Hoist IMG_5277.JPG
Ford Bronco SmarterHome Smart Garage Bronco Hoist IMG_5286.JPG

Last edited:

CypressCajun

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got mine installed over the weekend. I wanted to be able to purchase a complete solution and I like the fact that it lowers very slowly so I can make sure I get it placed exactly where I need it. It's designed to hold the larger shell and the middle top as well. I have the middle top bag on order with my dealer but used an old quilt today while taking the top off with it for the first time. I now have plenty of room to park underneath whether I back up or pull straight in.

Here are some pictures of my lifter and a short video of me using it for the first time (pardon the clumsiness).

I have an affiliate link if someone wants to order using it - Smart Garage Hardtop Lifter for Bronco

Question, when fully lifted, how far does the top hang off of the ceiling (i.e from ceiling to bottom of hard top fully lifted is xx inches)?
My garage is pretty organized and I'm a bit OCD so trying to see how far this would sit.

Thanks!

RunNGunArk

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

whats the big net hanging down from inside hard top?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Wolfeman

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question, when fully lifted, how far does the top hang off of the ceiling (i.e from ceiling to bottom of hard top fully lifted is xx inches)?
My garage is pretty organized and I'm a bit OCD so trying to see how far this would sit.

Thanks!
My garage is approximately 9ft 5inches from ceiling to floor so one of the pictures above should give you a fairly good idea. I will have to take the top off again to remeasure the exact height.

Also, my garage is 20ft 9inches from garage door to front wall. I have enough space to back in and open the rear cargo gate. Enough room to easily back in and remove the top and then pull forward after a drive if I don't want to put the top back on right away.

I'll try to get that measurement soon if the weather stays nice.

OP
OP
Wolfeman

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally got the middle panel bag from my dealer. Wanted to post some updated pics as it is a much cleaner look than the old quilt from before. The middle panel bag is a high quality bag that my dealer gave me as part of the customer satisfaction funds.

Ford Bronco SmarterHome Smart Garage Bronco Hoist IMG_5893.JPG
Ford Bronco SmarterHome Smart Garage Bronco Hoist IMG_5894.JPG

Tombky

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Took couple hours to install... Could not be happier.... I can get the top off by myself in 10-15 min tops.......

Attachments

Scotty_A51

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Way cheaper than that manual “Top Lift Pro” thing-
I’m stoked on it. But I need to adjust to get the top level.

What’s your hole count on the frame ? I went with the holes they recommend in the instructions and the frame is too long for my top.
Sponsored